In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Florida Gun laws and handgun ownership

grantrobartsgrantrobarts Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I was in the gunshop the other day, and they told me as a person under 21 but over 18 years of age, I am legally able to own a gun, but not purchase one. Is this at the federal level? As in, I can do the same in California?

I live in California, but go to school in Florida. I want to be able to use a handgun in both states. Am I better off buying a gun in California, or Florida? I am just worried about getting caught up in transporting the gun if I am not 21 years old.

If anyone has information, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• rkd3rkd3 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure that you can buy a handgun anywhere until 21.
    I also think that if your parents or possibly older sibling would buy it for you as a "gift" you could own it. and every state has different laws as to transporting of firearms through their state, so you should check on the laws of any state you would be going through.
    hope i helped some.

COLD DEAD FINGERS
    'nuff said
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]If your "Resident" address is in Calif. you have to be 21 yr's old and the "handgun" has to be on the Ca. DOJ list.You have to have a Calif. valid Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) avail in CALIF.only. Unless you have a valid FFL/Dealers license you can't have one in FLORIDA[xx(][xx(][xx(][:D]

I'm only wearing Black untill they make something darker