In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ATF needs funding to help restore Gun rights.

tgf600tgf600 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
ATF needs to be funded so that they can help and restore gun rights to NON-VIOLENT felons.
It is rediculous to pull gun rights for a crime that had nothing to do with the use of firearms.

What do you think??????????

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The entire Federal apparachuk of gun laws is Anti- American and Anti-Constitution.

The insanity of it all is a populace dumbly,blindly,stupidly supporting the politicians that keep these laws in place..and add more all the time.

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    If they are non-violent there is no good reason to take their 2nd amendment rights from them.

Otherwise, it would make about much logic as taking away your driver's license because you embezzled money from your employer.

make the penalty be related to and fit the crime.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my judgment, there should be no such thing as a victimless felony.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    NecrotismNecrotism Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tgf600
    ATF needs to be funded so that they can help and restore gun rights to NON-VIOLENT felons.
    It is rediculous to pull gun rights for a crime that had nothing to do with the use of firearms.

What do you think??????????

NEVER EVER EVER would i support the funding of ANY KIND to the BATF(E).. NEVER. THEY ARE the goon squad of the federal government.. they need to be disbanded, and all their employees need to be BANNED from ANY government jobs ANYWHERE.. FOR LIFE.... a good chunk of em should be put on trial for treason at that.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Necrotism,
    I was waiting to see when someone would address this part of the issue. There is NO way, that I would agree to ANY additional funding, going to one of the WORST alphabet CRIMINAL groups there is.

As for non-violent people loosing their gun rights, you don't even have to commit a "felony" to loose your rights. The laws need to be changed.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:As for non-violent people loosing their gun rights, you don't even have to commit a "felony" to loose your rights. The laws need to be changed.

Wrong... the laws pertaining to gun right losses need to be abolished. All of them... even the ones dealing with violent felons.

"Whoa, wait a minute, gunphreak!!!", some of you might be thinking, but there is a reason why I say this. You honestly think a released felon gives a damn about a law forbidding the carry of weapons? I see almost regularly in newscasts all over the country (thanks to satellite TV) where repeat offenders use guns and knives to commit crimes, some of them after being out less than a month. And the penalty for carrying a weapon in any matter pales next to a malicious assault, murder, rape or robbery charge, anyway. It is, therefore a useless edict, plain and simple.

I've said it for years, these kind of laws are like condoms. They give you a false sense of security while you are getting (screwed). There is only one way to prevent the reoccurence of a violent felony, and that is to lock them up and throw the key away, or just outright execute them.

There is no other way.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ever see the movie, "Escape from New York?"

We need to build the wall.

• Options
    D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really hate to disagree with you Pickenup....But I'd give 'em
    the whole damned state of Kommiefornia! And Arnold can be
    President if he takes all his in-laws there with him!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D.K.
    I really hate to disagree with you Pickenup....But I'd give 'em
    the whole damned state of Kommiefornia! And Arnold can be
    President if he takes all his in-laws there with him!

oh they made that movie too... escape from LA... and the el presidente in the movie bears an uncanny resemblence to the current emperor.... prophetic?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    D.K.
    While I agree with you in spirit, I will stick with the original movie I stated. Reason being is, New York was a prison, controlled by guards. You commit a bad enough crime, you go in, you NEVER come out. (or you had the choice of euthanasia before you went in)

Escape from L.A. was because the gangs controlled the city. Although gang members are more than likely felons, "convicted" felons and prisons are more in the context of the original post. I still say, let's build the wall. [;)]

• Options
    D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never saw either movie....Personally, I'd rather give them
    ALL of Kommiefornia...And Arnold can still take all the
    Kennedys with him,,,especially senator lard *!
  • Options
    kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is amoral and unjust to deny 2nd Amendment and basic self defense rights to any rational human being that our society deemes worthy of living freely and without close supervision or confinement. If felons are so scary that they can't be trusted, kill them (legally) or leave them in jail. If they have "paid their debt to society", let them vote and protect themselves. Denying felons the right to defend themselves after they are released from prison is analagous to saying that they don't have a right to live and that it doesn't really matter wether they live or die. If society feels that way, they should just legally execute them and at least be honest about it.

Our problem is that we make too many crimes felonies and we give too little punishment for too many of the felonies.

I wouldn't willingly give a single canadian penny to help fund the ATF as long as they remain the enforcement agency responsible for denying people their second ammendment rights.

http://LestDarknessFall.blogspot.com
    http://LestDarknessFall.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    D.K.
    You commit a bad enough crime, you go in, you NEVER come out. (or you had the choice of euthanasia before you went in)

I still say, let's build the wall. [;)]

the problem is, and always has been... long term consequences... sure, short term, build the wall,, put em in, throw away the key, and be done with it...

HOWEVER.. what if the people in power decide that gun owners are the problem.. and WE get thrown in the pen.. what if speaking out against the power becomes a crime (nearly so now) and they decide to throw in free thinkers...

once you unleash that power.. then you get to the cliche's "be careful what you wish for.. you might get it" .. and "be glad that you don't get what you pay for in government"

I would be all for death sentence or life in a hellhole for certain crimes... IF the "system" wasn't already totally stacked against us.... if we were to build the wall.. the FIRST and SECOND set of people to go in there would be all members of the BAR (aka attorneys/judges) and all politicians.... then all cops would be put on notice, that one violation of rights gets you a one way ticket...

rights need to be restored for the accused BEFORE we get too harsh on the guilty.

innocent until proven guilty is becoming extinct.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Necrotism,
    True enough, potential abuse is definitely a consideration. Lets throw another movie in there, Demolition Man. Now, anyone using or possessing salt, red meat, tobacco, etc. will go behind the wall.

People now serving life sentences, with no chance of parole, could go behind the wall.

• Options
    edited November -1
    You want a real solution: Defund the ATF. They have no business enforcing tax laws on any of those things, nor do they have any business issuing out crimes for those in possession of any of those things.

And while we're at it, defund the DEA. They are a prohibition-based agency that tramples of the rights of those who are in violation of more than just their stupid drug laws, as well.

Both groups are thug groups equivalent to the KGB or the Gestapo, and that's the bottom line.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with gunphreak. The only way to restore gun rights is to defund the groups who are out to destroy freedom.

While we're at it, why don't we charge the anti-gun politicians with treason for betraying our country?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dsmith for prez... 2008

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know about any of you guys, but helping fund the ATF to restore gun rights is like letting a pedophile watch your kids expecting there to be no mischief from it.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    The reason I said the ATF is that the ATF is the agency currently set up to restore gun rights for Federal Felons. The reason they don't try to restore gun rights, is they are not being funded by the Feds, but at this time they are the ones who have the authority to do so, and ONLY them unless you can get pardoned.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So we hand them another 100 million for "Gun Rights "..that they will promply divert to taking down more gun owners ?

Were there any decent men in government..the alphabet agencies would be disbanded instantly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When did the ATF start restoring gun rights, anyway? They have done nothing but pester, annoy, and destroy gun owners, in order to justify their own existence. This is an organization that entraps non-criminals on a regular basis. They have absolutely no intentions of restoring any rights, and that's all there is to it.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    tgf600,
    I understand where you are coming from. BUT.....
    They use the EXCUSE of lack of funds to do that part of their job. They don't seem to have any funding trouble when it comes to taking guns away from people. You can throw all the money you want at them, my bet is that they will still use the same EXCUSE. How much you want to bet?

Here is the skinny from the ATF....
    quote:(A10) Q. How can a person convicted of a felony apply for relief from firearms disabilities? [Back]

A. Under the provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA), convicted felons and certain other persons are prohibited from possessing firearms. (See 18 U.S.C. section 922(g).) The GCA provides the Secretary of the Treasury with the authority to grant relief from this disability where the Secretary determines that the person is not likely to act in a manner dangerous to the public safety. (See 18 U.S.C. section 925(c).) The Secretary delegated this authority to ATF.

Since October 1992, however, ATF's annual appropriation has continuously prohibited the expending of any funds to investigate or act upon applications for relief from Federal firearms disabilities. This restriction is located in Pub. L. No. 107-67, 115 Stat. 514, which contains ATF appropriations for fiscal year 2002. As long as this provision is included in current ATF appropriations, the Bureau cannot act upon applications for relief from Federal firearms disabilities submitted by individuals. Consequently, we cannot entertain any individual's request for firearms restoration while this prohibition on the processing of such applications remains in place.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I seem to still be in limbo. Do you know anyone who has applied and received a pardon?
    How difficult is it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There has been a few come through here over the years, looking for info. But I don't remember anyone coming back to say they were successful. Don't know of anyone personally, that did it.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Local feller back in the 70's ran afoul of the machine gun laws. Took a half a million bucks by daddy...but his presidental pardon hangs on his wall yet today..or so I have been told...