In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Broken

allrndcowboy123allrndcowboy123 Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
Our country is broken. We are led by people more concerned with staying in office by any means, rather than uphold the fundamental laws that this country was built on. The government is affraid of its people, but why? If they were doing the right things, why should they be affraid? I was talking to my father the other day. He has a high ranking job with the FAA. I asked him what he had planned for the weekend and he replied that he had to go put in some overtime at the office. I was looking foward to going to the range so I just said ok. He then explained the the overtime worked out to about $45 an hour. I quickly understood his reasons and mentioned a Para p-13 I like at the local gun store. He told me not to get my hopes up because he is taxed for almost half of that. I couldn't believe it. He then informed me he paid in $28,000 in federal taxes and $9,000 in state taxes last year! Thats just his income! Now figure in property tax, vehicle taxes, gas taxes, tobacco taxes... And what does he get for it all? Some politician telling him what he can or can't own! We punish the many for the acts of the few. Crime is going to keep on as long as the criminals aren't affraid of the punishment. A thug kills another thug on the street and he pleads down to manslaughter and is out in a few years. His time spent locked up wasn't used to rehabilitate him, instead he was put in the system with harder, smarter criminals. The end product is even scarier than the begining. The thing is no one cares. I'm guilty of saying things like "Let them kill eachother" or "Who cares?" The problem is the next time he might kill some one we do care about, and we could have stopped it long before it actually happened. As long as there is gun related crime, there will be attempts at gun control. Its the easy answer. Since politicians need an immediate fix to a problem due to impending re-elections, they will always go for the quick fix. Its the simple truth. We all come here to voice our complaints on a system we knew to be. We did have our freedom once thats why the constraints placed upon us by our "leaders" are hard to swallow. Is there a way to fix our country? I do not think there is. The only thing I can think to do is take advantage of my right while I have them. Its only a matter of time. Right now we are fighting a war on terror on global soil. The funny thing is, they brought the war to us. It will happen again. All the airport security in the world won't stop the inevetible. These people will find other ways to hurt us. The next time it will be bigger. When it happens our country will fall harder than it did the last time. A few thousand dead won't compare to the millions it could be. If the next attack IS of a larger scale, you can look foward to most of your freedoms going down the drain. What do we do?

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Your president said.." Go down to the mall and buy something..let us handle it.."

I say..become a rifleman. Get Fred's targets and guide. Become the last line of defense from tyranny.

Understand that your politicians have sold out to the higest bidder...and that AIN'T the American citizens.

Pay your taxes..obey the laws..try to live your life...but never lose sight of the fact that soon enough we who love freedom will be in a desperate fight for survival.

Soon enough, the elite will make it impossible to obey that final law..just as the British King did a couple hundred years ago.

Congratulations on a clear-eyed logical look at some of the problems facing us.Now you need to understand why begging slimy empty suits to obey the Constitution is an exercise in futility....
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of truth in those posts. In fact, this is one time I have absolutely nothing to add, and no reason to offer debate. Well done, gentlemen.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."