In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Brighter Side of Life

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just bought my first handgun as a Nevada resident last week (only took me 8 months after becoming a Nevada resident to do this). Some of you may remember that I formerly lived in Kalifornia. I always find it interesting how surprised people get when I explain how restrictive Kalifornia gun laws are. Here are 3 main differences from buying a gun in Kalifornia vs. Nevada:

1. Kalifornia has a "certified" handgun list. Only handguns that have passed the test (paid the $$$) to be on this list can be sold in Kalifornia. In Nevada, anything goes.

2. In Kalifornia, all magazines (rifle or handgun) CANNOT exceed 10 rounds capacity. Any magazine that is imported, transfered, or sold that has a 10+ round capacity is an immediate FELONY. In Nevada, 15+ round magazines are plentiful at every gun shop and gun show.

3. In Kalifornia, when you buy a rifle or handgun there is a MANDATORY 10-day waiting period from the time you purchase the gun to when you can pick up the gun from the dealer. In Nevada, you take the gun home THE SAME DAY (AWESOME!!!)!

The down-side is that there are A LOT of Kalifornians moving to Nevada, and most are moving because of the relatively low priced housing, NOT the social freedoms that we experience here in Nevada. I fear that the days of Nevada being a Pro-2nd Amendment state may be numbered.

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the escape. [;)]
    Why did it take 8 months?
    Did it take that long to establish residency?

Nevada is not the only place they are moving to. [:(]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    swiftswift Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean I did one gun show in California and said never again.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good going!!![^]

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pickenup, I just wasn't in the market for a new gun until recently, well at least one that I could afford [8D]

I got my driver's license within 30-days after I moved here, so I guess I could have technically bought a gun as soon as I got my new ID.

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    WW- welcome to the world of undue influence (Callies moving to NV) I have some advice for you. It has worked here in MA. Due to the undue local influence of Bostonians. Lobby the planning board to increase the minimum size of the lot. I hope yours is bigger. If not, buy enough to make it so. Our is currently 5 acres. This will kepp out some of the riff raff. Then form an ever expanding neighbors association to keep otu the rest.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.