In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CCW in PA for non-resident

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
I am submitting an app for non-resident CCW in PA, does it matter which county I mail it to? I was on packing.org and the link there tells you to send it to Centre County...is that ok? The only parts of PA I really get to are Philadelphia. So does it matter where I apply?

A. Golden
S&W .357 mag
S&W SW99
Desert Eagle .50AE
Springfield 1911
Always looking for more!

Comments

• Options
    jack85jack85 Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff's office along with the required fee. A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury.

The sheriff has 45 days to conduct an investigation to determine an individual's eligibility to be issued a license. Included in the investigation is a background check conducted on the individual through the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) to determine if the records indicate the individual is prohibited by law. In accordance with 18 PA C.S. ?6109, a sheriff may deny an individual the right to a License to Carry Firearms if there is reason to believe that the character and reputation of the individual are such that they would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I understand, some counties make it easier than others. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT SEND IT TO PHILADELPHIA!!!!

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man