In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pro-2nd Amendment Rock & Roll

FitzFitz Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
Hi,

I just released a CD of original rock supporting the U.S. Constitution and the men and women who fight to defend it. The song "Prove It! particularly deals with the 2nd Amendment, but I have several rifle and pistol recordings throughout the CD, making the message clear. Let me know what you all think of what I'm doing. (Sample link below) I've been a member here for 5 years and when I posted its release in the General forums, the message just got ignored. (Or is it that I'm plugging something?) Anyway, I'm hoping to have better luck here under Gun Rights. We don't all have a lot of money to donate to groups. This is just my way of helping the cause. Any ideas, suggestions, or comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy!
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/fitzgibbons

Fitz

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well... I won't comment on the musical part, but your heart is in the right place. Your lyrics are amusing, and I mean that in the best way. You had any luck selling CDs?

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    "...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So far so good. I'm hoping that what I'm seeing means it's going to take off, but it's only been out 2 weeks so I'm learning a real lesson in patience. I have one radio interview scheduled, a favorable newspaper review coming out soon, and a couple of other things in the works, but it's hard doing all of this myself. The real measure will be if the troops like it and if it succeeds in getting people interested in our Founding Principles. I got some over to Iraq and Afganistan but I haven't heard back from them yet. (I understand it will take a few weeks)

Did you listen to all of the samples? And do you not like the music or is it not your type of music? I would be interested in knowing, but of course am happy to hear to like the lyrics.

Fitz
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I did listen to all the clips. I think you're right, probably just not my style of music. Kinda reminded me a bit of 80s jazz.

Sounds like you got the wheels in motion. I'm sure you will hit it big.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    "...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't listen to the clips yet. Maybe tomorrow. Good luck. Is there any orginization you are planning to support?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not yet, but it's definately something I would consider. Because it's only been out a short time, I'm still looking for ideas... like yours. Thanks for the idea. Let me know what you think of the music and lyrics too when you have a chance.

Fitz
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Fitz
    Hi,

I just released a CD of original rock supporting the U.S. Constitution and the men and women who fight to defend it.

Please send a copy to:

KPMX-FM c/o Andy Rice
    117 Main St,
    Sterling, CO, 80751

I'm the Program Director. If it fits the format musically, I'll give it some spins, as we say in the biz. If, for some reason, I don't like it or think it'll fit, I'll be completely honest with you. The phone # to the station is 970-522-4800.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Andy

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Alltheway,

Thank you for buying a CD! I'm very happy that you like it. I hope it grows on you even more! Thanks again.

Fitz
    Colonel Plink,

Thanks for your interest. I sent you a private message with my email address saying I'll send the CD out on Monday. I really appreciate the opportunity. I'm going to go check out what KPMX has for a website. Thanks!

Fitz
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Most excellent. I look forward to hearing from you.

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Colonel Plink,

Package sent. Enjoy!

Fitz