In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

For the Bushies and Homeland Insecurity

Shadow83Shadow83 Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
(I can't believe that "bush ites" is censored on here?!?![?])

Just read about the Homeland (in)Security act renewal push and Dubya's proposed changes down the road. Along wiht much of anyone's personal and private info being available with just the reason "because we need it" is also all gun registration info. This used to take a llittle effort to paruse, now the FBI and LE can just say they want all of the records and get them. Looks like Dubya (or Carl Rove) is following the footsteps of Hitler much sooner than expected. He coulda at least waited until he had himself declared Dictator before he started this![:(!]

Shadow83
Love My Country,
Fear My Government

Comments

• Options
    CameroonCameroon Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't it amazing that before 9/11 the government had all the laws it
    needed to track down the bad guy. Since 9/11 the government needs
    sweeping authority all in the name of homeland defense. I don't
    believe they need this power for an instant.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unlike the first time around, where MOST of the members of both parties, were NOT allowed to actually READ what they were signing. (The UN-Patriot Act) Where they were labeled a traitor to the country (or worse) if they didn't sign the bill UN-READ.

This time no wool is being pulled over their eyes. If they renew this UN-patriot act, their TRUE "UN-patriotism?" will be UN-mistakable!!!
    We shall see.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    God...its nice to see not EVERYBODY is a fool....[:D]

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bush was a poor second choice for both of the last Presidential elections. Bush has a far less that stellar record on gun rights. It's one thing to prosecute a war against some other country, but it's yet another to trash the rights of American citizens not involved in war against the USA.

This Patriot Act is un-patrriotic, unamerican and an abomination that should be scrapped by the courts. That's the biggest problem since our judges lost their balls long ago and no longer will protect our rusty, dusty Bill of Rights.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In just the same way that the Child protection Services must frame parents and child-care providers for "crimes" and the ATF must entrap people on firearm technicalities in order to justify their existence, and their budgets, police states must have some sort of enemies, or they cannot exist.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    No matter how bad it is, it would have been worse under Kerry.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Definitely.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Options
    dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greetings, careful now tr, kerry may or maynot be worse, you arguement is what is called an arguement contrary to fact, therefore your conclusion is invalid. there are fine books on logic and persuasion that show logicly how to get your point across. just a point of order. regards rod

if your going to be a savage, be a headhunter
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The recent history of the Democratic party is one of purposing this or that draconian law...and the Republicans raising up in wrath and stopping it.

The Republicans merely drove through many of the exact same things the Demo's presented....A real difference in the parties...all right.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dads-freehold
    greetings, careful now tr, kerry may or maynot be worse, you arguement is what is called an arguement contrary to fact, therefore your conclusion is invalid. there are fine books on logic and persuasion that show logicly how to get your point across. just a point of order. regards rod

if your going to be a savage, be a headhunter

High sounding comments aside, I know enough about Kerry and the Democratic party to know that I am better off with them not in office.

But thanks for the tip. GB.com is not a formal debating team so I have no guilt at not following formal debating rules. Nor does it appear that most others feel any such guilt either [:D]

4lizad
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    I have no guilt at not following formal debating rules.
    There are rules??? [:0] [:0] [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I look at the present 2 party system as the lesser of 2 evils. When it comes to gun rights I really think that in the long run gun owners are better off with the Dems.

The Dems do have many riders on laws and many restrictions for what ever design, but the (liberals) do believe in the US Constitution and the rights there in. Take the 2nd Amendment; although the left has created more rules than the right I do not believe the left would completely eliminate ANY items from the Bill of Rights. Take the ACLU's mandate. At the top is their defense of the Bill of Rights. They may not always fight the fight we wish but they are fanatical about Constitutional law and I would see them sooner fight against any right being abolished than not. I believe the Republicans (right) take the position they do on the 2nd Amendment for long term goals. They know they can get many votes and much support by demonizing the left as gun-haters and them as gun-lovers. They do little to defend the 2nd Amendment while turning a blind eye and/or making half hearted attempts to combating anti-gunners. One thing that I know for sure is that IF the Republicans ever do gain complete control of the US Government, the far righties will go full throttle with their agenda, one of the first items I believe will be to disarm America. This would give them the ability to transform the US into THEIR country and eliminate any who opposed them. Just look with an unbiased eye at the events over the past 4 years, especially under Homeland Security. The 2nd Amendment may have been ignored but many other amendments have been abused and violated, especially the 1st. And with that said I would never want the Democrats to gain complete control either. This country has worked well always being in flux. This is the exact purpose of the US Governmental structure created by our forefathers. The right and left police each other and this maintains a certain equilibrium. Just like a game of Jenga, if it goes too far one way or the other it will fall.

Just think about it. Even in all of the liberal moves the Democrats have made over these many years, they have preserved the basic rights. This is not to advocate any one political party but try to look objectively. Some times one needs to take the emotion out fo the equation to find the correct answer. Now I am no expert and would never claim to know everything the Dems and Reps have done in political history, but I do know what I have seen in my lifetime and I am in way more fear for my freedoms under a Republican rule than a Democrat. But I would not support either.

Just remember that from the beginning America IS a liberal idea. You may not like the thought, but it is a fact. Give too much power to any one secular group and America will be no more.

Disclaimer: I apologize for using the Dem and Rep references in such broad reference. I fully realize that most of either do not think in extreme terms and not all Republicans support and/or represent the current US Administration and visa/versa. I only use these terms in an overall view and do not intend to insult and person for their political choice.
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    tr fox: quote:No matter how bad it is, it would have been worse under Kerry. As Herr Schroeder once said, no matter how bad it is under Hitler, it would have been worse under the Kaiser. [;)][}:)] ROFLMAO.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." Winston Churchill

volenti non fit injuria
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Shadow83
    I look at the present 2 party system as the lesser of 2 evils. When it comes to gun rights I really think that in the long run gun owners are better off with the Dems.

The Dems do have many riders on laws and many restrictions for what ever design, but the (liberals) do believe in the US Constitution and the rights there in. Take the 2nd Amendment; although the left has created more rules than the right I do not believe the left would completely eliminate ANY items from the Bill of Rights. Take the ACLU's mandate. At the top is their defense of the Bill of Rights. They may not always fight the fight we wish but they are fanatical about Constitutional law and I would see them sooner fight against any right being abolished than not. I believe the Republicans (right) take the position they do on the 2nd Amendment for long term goals. They know they can get many votes and much support by demonizing the left as gun-haters and them as gun-lovers. They do little to defend the 2nd Amendment while turning a blind eye and/or making half hearted attempts to combating anti-gunners. One thing that I know for sure is that IF the Republicans ever do gain complete control of the US Government, the far righties will go full throttle with their agenda, one of the first items I believe will be to disarm America. This would give them the ability to transform the US into THEIR country and eliminate any who opposed them. Just look with an unbiased eye at the events over the past 4 years, especially under Homeland Security. The 2nd Amendment may have been ignored but many other amendments have been abused and violated, especially the 1st. And with that said I would never want the Democrats to gain complete control either. This country has worked well always being in flux. This is the exact purpose of the US Governmental structure created by our forefathers. The right and left police each other and this maintains a certain equilibrium. Just like a game of Jenga, if it goes too far one way or the other it will fall.

Just think about it. Even in all of the liberal moves the Democrats have made over these many years, they have preserved the basic rights. This is not to advocate any one political party but try to look objectively. Some times one needs to take the emotion out fo the equation to find the correct answer. Now I am no expert and would never claim to know everything the Dems and Reps have done in political history, but I do know what I have seen in my lifetime and I am in way more fear for my freedoms under a Republican rule than a Democrat. But I would not support either.

Just remember that from the beginning America IS a liberal idea. You may not like the thought, but it is a fact. Give too much power to any one secular group and America will be no more.

Disclaimer: I apologize for using the Dem and Rep references in such broad reference. I fully realize that most of either do not think in extreme terms and not all Republicans support and/or represent the current US Administration and visa/versa. I only use these terms in an overall view and do not intend to insult and person for their political choice.

I am totally shocked at this mindless "thinking?". I do not like either party. But simple math will tell how one party is much, much worse on gun rights than the other party. All you have to do is to keep a count and written record on the name of the politicans that try to pass unnecessary and overly-restrictive gun control laws. Then when you get a long enough list, determine exactly which party the legislators that are the most active in trying to eliminate gun rights belong to.

I'm not going to spoil your surprise by telling you before hand.

Just do the math unless you really don't want to know the answer. And from reading some of your posts I doubt that you DO want to know.

Hairy, we are not discussing Nazi Germany here.
    My statement stands. We who value our freedom and gun rights would have been worse off under Kerry. You also can do the math.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    I am totally shocked at this mindless "thinking?". I do not like either party. But simple math will tell how one party is much, much worse on gun rights than the other party. All you have to do is to keep a count and written record on the name of the politicans that try to pass unnecessary and overly-restrictive gun control laws. Then when you get a long enough list, determine exactly which party the legislators that are the most active in trying to eliminate gun rights belong to.

I'm not going to spoil your surprise by telling you before hand.

Just do the math unless you really don't want to know the answer. And from reading some of your posts I doubt that you DO want to know.
    Thank you for showing me how predjudiced you really are. I love when people do this early on so I know how to deal with them in the future. "Mindless thinking" is when you refuse to comprehend what is being stated. Take the blinders off and then read it again. I learned many decades ago to not enter a discussion with one who only wishes to hear the sound of their own voice.

I sincerely hope that we never find out if I am right about the Republican administration for then this board would not exist and we all would most likely be in prison or in hiding.

quote:Hairy, we are not discussing Nazi Germany here.Dubya still has over 3 years left, give him time.

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shawdow83, for your sake I hope you don't stay so naive ALL your life.

4lizad
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    tr fox: quote: ... We who value our freedom and gun rights would have been worse off under Kerry. You also can do the math. And I suppose that your hero, Bush, who promised to sign the AWB if it came to his desk is someone who fully defends the Second Amendment. Wasn't Brady a member of the Reagan Administration; that is, a Republican? Wasn't Brady successful in getting lots of anti-gun bills passed? Gee, must have been a Democrat in a Republican's clothing. [:D][}:)][;)]

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." Winston Churchill

volenti non fit injuria
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Wasn't Brady a member of the Reagan Administration; that is, a Republican? Wasn't Brady successful in getting lots of anti-gun bills passed? Gee, must have been a Democrat in a Republican's clothing.

Actually, prior to that day, Jim Brady did not say a single word on gun rights. When he became the victim of a man using a gun, his whole life turned around. no longer a "Republican", he now claims to be an "Independent", and his wife, now not getting any sex from hubby, is as p!ssed as a wet hen, and wants to get even with something besides people, because she could face serious consequences for going after the real problem... people.

My thoughts are, however, "Was it any different before he got shot. That woman has a face that could stop a Mack Truck. I seriously doubt Jim could get an erection before that happened."

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    and his wife, now not getting any sex from hubby, is as p!ssed as a wet hen, and wants to get even with something besides people, because she could face serious consequences for going after the real problem... people.

My thoughts are, however, "Was it any different before he got shot. That woman has a face that could stop a Mack Truck. I seriously doubt Jim could get an erection before that happened."

"Followers of Christ, be armed." First of all not all paraplegics can not get an erection, so unless you have been there stroking it you have not one leg (pun intended) to sit on. And this is a poor way to treat someone who will spend the rest of their life in a wheelchair defending the President, and a REPUBLICAN President to boot. Such a good patriot!

And what a good "Christian" you are in attacking a person in this manner. What a "Christian" way to act.

What would Jesus do?[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    tr fox: quote: ... We who value our freedom and gun rights would have been worse off under Kerry. You also can do the math. And I suppose that your hero, Bush, who promised to sign the AWB if it came to his desk is someone who fully defends the Second Amendment. Wasn't Brady a member of the Reagan Administration; that is, a Republican? Wasn't Brady successful in getting lots of anti-gun bills passed? Gee, must have been a Democrat in a Republican's clothing. [:D][}:)][;)]

Promised or not Bush DID NOT sign an extension of the AWB. No matter how bad things are now, things would have been worse under Kerry.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:And what a good "Christian" you are in attacking a person in this manner. What a "Christian" way to act.

Attack? Hardly an attack. Merely observation. How are any of us to figure out why we have enemies such as this without getting to the root of the problem.

Sure, depending on where the vertebrae was actually broke or damaged does have some determination of whether or not people can "function". Generally, wheelchair-bound people cannot "function", though, not even to do their business. I've never met any that can, and medically, it isn't very likely.

quote:And this is a poor way to treat someone who will spend the rest of their life in a wheelchair defending the President, and a REPUBLICAN President to boot. Such a good patriot!

Actually, I think this is a proper way to treat someone who did their job and faced the consequences, only to become a traitor to the organization, and side with their enemies. The Brady's sowed these seeds, and now, they can live with the consequences, and not expect sympathy from those they wish to smite.

Vae victus, komrade.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Dady was right again. A person can rationalize anything.[8]

Thank you Carl Rove Jr.[8)]

Shadow83
    Love My Country,
    Fear My Government
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote: Dady was right again. A person can rationalize anything.

Funny, I was thinking the same about you.

Death to Tyrants!!!