In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Religious Based Anti-Gun Organizations

65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
I will try to post all organizations and actors that are anti-gun starting with the religious based ones.

Religious Based Anti-Gun Organizations

American Jewish Committee - http://ajc.org
American Jewish Congress - http://www.ajcongress.org
Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America -
The Bible Holiness Movement, International -
B?nai B?rith - http://bnaibrith.org ?
B?nai B?rith Women -
Central Conference of American Rabbis - http://ccarnet.org
Church of the Brethren - http://www.cob-net.org
Congress of National Black Churches, Inc. - http://www.cnbc.org
Episcopal Church, USA -
Episcopal Church, Washington Office -
Interfaith Neighbors -
Jesuit Conference, Office of Social Ministries -
Jewish Community Center Association -
Jewish Labor Committee -
Lutheran Office for Governmental Affairs, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America -
Mennonite Central Committee, Washington Office -
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA -
National Council of Jewish Women Inc. -
NETWORK: A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby -
Presbyterian Church USA, Social Justice and Peacemaking Ministry Unit -
Southern Christian Leadership Conference -
St. Louis University -
Union of American Hebrew Congregations -
Union of American Hebrew Congregations, Religious Action Center -
Unitarian Universalist Association -
United Church of Christ, Office for Church and Society* -
United Methodist Church, General Board of Church and Society -
United States Catholic Conference -
United States Catholic Conference, Dept. of Social Development -
United Synagogues of America -
World Spiritual Assembly, Inc. -

I will be posting other actors and business organizations that are anti-gun.

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I'm gonna take these with a grain of salt. Fr Steve Reed, the Episcopal Vicar here is an ex-cop, NRA member and teaches gun safety in the Parish Hall. He's also a devout Episcopal Priest who wouldn't do so without the consent of the Diocese. When you do post your personal hit list, be sure to give websites to their literature that backs up your claims. I note that the majority of these don't.

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
  • 65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These are not my personal hit list, and was collected from the internet. And yes some guys do believe in gun rights and do work for or belong to anti-gun gropus. The 'list' is just to give a basic idea and for you to make up your own mind.

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Well you know what they say about believing everything you read...

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    As a former member/minister in the United Methodist Church, that's just ONE of the many reasons I left that organization. Also, for what it's worth, there is NO official stance of the church as there is NO BACKBONE left within the church to make a stand for ANYTHING--good or bad. They mostly "go with the flow." Whatever is politically/economically expedient is the way to go. However, MANY, MANY United Methodist pastors and laity members DO NOT "goose-step" with the organization. Sadly, even though they disagree, they choose to stay in the club rather than taking a stand and departing the sinking ship. [:(]
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's instructive that so many congregations are black or Jewish: two groups historically victimized by the majority and forcibly disarmed to make that victimization that much easier. By all rights, minorities should be among the biggest cheerleaders of gun rights and self defense in order to further their well-being and right to be left to hell alone, but alas, since so many of the groups listed are overwhelmingly Demo and leftist, I guess politics once again trumps logic and true self-interest. The Menonite and Unitarians are pretty predictable though.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    It's instructive that so many congregations are black or Jewish: two groups historically victimized by the majority and forcibly disarmed to make that victimization that much easier. By all rights, minorities should be among the biggest cheerleaders of gun rights and self defense in order to further their well-being and right to be left to hell alone, but alas, since so many of the groups listed are overwhelmingly Demo and leftist, I guess politics once again trumps logic and true self-interest. The Menonite and Unitarians are pretty predictable though.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

Good points--and you're right...the "rank and file" of many of the listed organizations do not necessarily "goose-step" in their THINKING or BELIEVING but rather "go along" OUTWARDLY to be a part of the whole. Sadly, in this country which prides itself in INDIVIDUALISM, many have chosen to be part of the faceless, voiceless mass that is persuaded by the ones holding the purse-strings and grabbing all the media coverage.
  • bigride203bigride203 Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't lump all jews in with the anti-gun nuts; some of the most ardent gun rights supporters are jewish, i.e. Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

You dudes get lost now, ya hear!
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    Religious organizations need to stick to spreading the word of the Lord.....and stop the anti-gun rhetoric![:(!]