In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

July 4th. What are we celebrating about?

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
We've given back nearly all the rights our founding fathers fought and died giving us. We pay much more in unfair taxes to Washington DC than our forefathers ever paid to the Crown. The signers of the Declaration of Independence have been rolled-over in their graves.

Defender
Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard, Defender. Takes a big man to admit we stand in the wreakage of freedom...and are helpless to do a thing about it.

The people that live in America today are by and large interlopers..convinced as they serve the government as slaves they are true Patriots...in the mould of the Revolutionists.
    Mostly...they couldn't carry a bucket of water to those men...they wouldn't allow such cowards to shine their boots.

Meanwhile...the eating and drinking and shooting off of fireworks continue apace..with not but 3 in one hundred being aware of the reason for the day.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What percent of tax was placed on the tea, that lead to the Boston Tea Party? 2-3%? I know it wasn't much. What percent tax do you pay now? The Boston Tea Party, all over a 2%(?) tax, lead to the American Revolution.

It takes to the middle or the end of June to pay all of your taxes now. (Tax freedom day) Once you include your income, gasoline, property, sales, school, etc. etc. etc.

Somehow that sounds like almost HALF the year.
    Does that mean we pay almost 50% in taxes? [:0] [}:)] [8] [B)]
    [/sarcasm]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kay Baily Hutchisism? out of Texas..about 6-7 years ago....made a speech in which she said that the Average taxpayer paid 55 % of their income out in taxes.

The hidden taxes take as much of your money as the right up front taxes...A real good racket...for those in power.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Bill of Rights was the legacy that the founding fathers left us with. An excellent example of freedom and rights which all people are granted by God. However, since then, the politicians have continued to attack it, and the sheeple in this country have refused to stand up to them.

The politicians are like little kids. They will continue to push the boundaries until somebody puts a stop to it, like the people voting out the supporters of the assault weapons ban. They will then continue to push the limits within the new boundaries.
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The full-frontal, nearly forty-year assault on our privacy and rights under the Fourth Amendment have been just as outrageous as any gun ban. Now Americans search each other like criminals whenever they travel or enter most government buildings.

When you receive a jury summons to serve as a witness or juror you soon find yourself subjected to a warrantless search conducted without probable cause.

I once refused jury duty in writing because of the bogus courthouse searches. I got a form letter a few days later excusing me from attending. They must have understood that I had a right not to be searched like a criminal.

What's next, cavity searches in the name of security?

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No cavity searches... unless you want to get onto a plane.
  • Options
    M44M44 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not quite old enough to pay taxes yet. but my dad said he's paid over 60% of his income to Social Security, taxes, Medicare, etc. etc. etc.
    Also, the peasents and serfs in medeavial Europe paid only around 30% of their total income to their lords and kings. Proably the least anyone pays here is 40%

The Mosin Nagant Rifle
    http://www.MNrifle.tk
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I lived in California, I got about 37% taken out of my paycheck. Some of that was retirement and health benefits, but the rest was
    Fed tax, State tax, State disability, mandatory union dues (I was not even in the union), etc. I got a little of that back at tax time, maybe 2% of my total income. So I guess I was somewhere aroung the 30 - 35% income tax bracket. Plus you figure about another 7% for sales tax, that would be around 40% of my income going to taxes.

Now that I live in Nevada I don't pay any more state income tax, and my employer pays all the health costs, and there is no union. Even though I make about 12% less income here I actually take home more money per paycheck.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    "...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You go down and buy a used car. You suppose the car dealer pays taxes ? No...you pay the taxes for him. He just adds in the overhead...Same for any other businessman.

A nation of cowards. America today.