In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

F.F.L BY FAX okd by A.T.F ?

mrphotoguymrphotoguy Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
Dealers

Went to see my dealer today,he told me that A.T.F is now allowing faxed copies of your F.F.L's to be used instead of mailing in a sign ink copy.

Is this correct ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Short answer........YES.

From the ATF website.

quote:be advised that ATF will now recognize a faxed copy of a Federal Firearms License as an acceptable alternative form of verication.

If you want to read about it, go here;
    http://www.atf.treas.gov/pub/index.htm#FFL

Scroll about half way down to,
    FFL Newsletters,

Then click on;
    August 2005 FFL Newsletter

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good to me.

As a consumer, I haven't made an out-of-state purchase in about 3 years because the FFL issue was a fiasco. By the time both dealers swapped particulars, it seemed that it always took at least 2 weeks to get the transaction resolved. Maybe this will speed things up a bit.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LAVE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as long as the resolution is great and you can read everything its ok, otherwise we get stuck with noncompliance

shelly
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am an FFL with no fax .
    I you are going to buy a gun on the auction ask your FFL for a copy and send it with the check. Then let him know it's coming . What's so hard about that.
    [8D]