In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cook County to make Kalifornia look good

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
In case any of you in Cook County Illinois have been away or uninformed, we are about to get hit with the most draconian gun confiscation laws in recent history. All under the guise of restoring the Federal AWB to residents to Cook County. FWIW, I'd take a redux of the Federal AWB with its grandfather clause and cosmetic ban to this most evil law.

Summary, it bans everything semi-automatic. Yep. Everything! Anything not on the current cosmetic Cook County weapon ban gets added. No high cap magazines. No guns that can accept a high cap magazine. Yep your Ruger 10/22s. No drive by squirrel shootings. No No No!!!! No guns that can be made to accept a high cap magazine. Your Lugers, your M-1 Garands, your M-1 Carbines, your pop's 1911, are all contraband. 90 days after the law takes effect, the police can come in and take 'em. You could be fined and sentenced to 6 months in the Graybar Hotel. And yes all those evil looking AR-15s and anything remotely sinister gets added to the fray.

The ISRA thinks this has a distinct possibility of passing when voted on September 8th by the Cook County board of Daley minions. Get on the phone, get your gun loving buddies on the phone and lets nicely but very clearly tell them to vote NOOOOOOO!!!! [:(!] At best, out of county storage, at worst being criminalized for being true to our Nation's primary laws.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Comments

• Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.

[8D][8D]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you have a link to the proposed law?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have one similar to that in Kolumbus, Ohio, and I'm going to tell you guys what I told them.

Civil Disobedience is the name of this game. Get all those guns out of the jurisdiction, and don't return with them until such a time as the law is struck down, or the time has come to use them.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    A couple hundred years ago, decent men were pushed finally to the limit of their endurance with stupid laws and the lackies enforcing them.

Think I will help defeat this...or any other gun law ? Not a chance.

I have a curious need to study mankind...wondering if there are any decent men left in this country. How far will the " men" of Amerika allow themselves to be pushed..? Interesting process...watching "men" convince themselves that this or that gun law is actually A GOOD thing.....the Founders would puke on them.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    A couple hundred years ago, decent men were pushed finally to the limit of their endurance with stupid laws and the lackies enforcing them.

Think I will help defeat this...or any other gun law ? Not a chance.

I have a curious need to study mankind...wondering if there are any decent men left in this country. How far will the " men" of Amerika allow themselves to be pushed..? Interesting process...watching "men" convince themselves that this or that gun law is actually A GOOD thing.....the Founders would puke on them.

Well said.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The second amendment right to keep and bear arms . This statement says to me that I have the right under the 2nd amendment to carry any way I see fix any were I want in this U.S.A. . This law of the land has had every attempt made to usurp it's meaning ,by the one that fear the people will not like what they will do for us. We are fixing that one state at a time.
    The problem with the way it is being done is it is an unfunded mandate . They make the laws and you pay for the privilege (not the right) to carry.
    It is also a backdoor way to register people who may be packing or own guns and were to find them.
    I find it ironic that the states we live in find it acceptable to violate the U.S. constitution and we the people let them do it.
    [8D]

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If this follows the same path the current Cook law does, it will be much ado about nothing, but I beleive they will high profile a couple of raids on some gun owners to publicize the law. Right now one of the co-sponsors has backed out, being called heavily by gun owners.

The real enemy of gun owners is our own silence in the political arena. Those calls and emails do make a difference!

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mballai
    The real enemy of gun owners is our own silence in the political arena.
    Agreed.......100%

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let us know if this passes.

JPFO Life Member
    www.jpfo.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like it didn't get up for a vote Thursday, but it's still something Suffredin wants to bring up later. I think he wasn't ready for the massive reaction of all the shooters out there. Need to be ready to keep reminding the County commissioners of how we feel. Kudos to the ISRA for keeping us alerted to this.

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Civil Disobedience is the name of this game. Get all those guns out of the jurisdiction, and don't return with them until such a time as the law is struck down, or the time has come to use them.

And when might that time be? Will we recognize it when it presents itself or have we already missed it. The Government has been systematically disarming us for years and what have we done about it? Not one damn thing. The "good ole' boys" club down at BATFE continues to kill and lie and cheat and steal and...all in the name of ?????? All in the name of what?

I agree with Gunphreak, "Civil Disobedience." [}:)] If laws are unconstitutional then they are not laws. I don't need a Supreme Court Justice to interpret the Constitution for me, I can read. The spin they put on it's verbiage is comical at best, but we are a country of really stupid people [:0](truth hurts) and so gullible they believe whatever the boys in Washington say. The "stupid" comment applies, sadly, to the majority of Americans. [:(]

And for what it's worth, Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than 99% of the guns in America