In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Orleans cops are confiscating every gun...

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
The worthless Bolsheviks in New Orleans have been confiscating people's firearms. No criminal charges are involved. They're just taking and keeping every gun they find. What do we do about that? I say kill the tyrants.

Defender
Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.

Comments

• Options
    gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Defender
    The worthless Bolsheviks in New Orleans have been confiscating people's firearms. No criminal charges are involved. They're just taking and keeping every gun they find. What do we do about that? I say kill the tyrants.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.

Some NO Residents have the same idea

check this out :
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=nation_world&id=3428024

Corinthian-turret.gif"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Been telling people this was going to happen for years. Coming to a neighborhood near you, soon....

The "Men" of Amerika are going to get their chance to be counted...either as cowards.....or hero's.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My God, the planets must be aligning, GOA and NRA actually agree on something!

quote:Gun Confiscations in New Orleans

GOA has received reports that the confiscation of legally-owned
    firearms has commenced in New Orleans. In addition to denouncing
    this in the press, GOA will also be looking to draft legislation at
    both the state and federal level to preclude authorities from
    imposing ANY firearms restrictions during emergency response
    activities.

quote:NRA-ILA COMMENTS ON SITUATION IN NEW ORLEANS

Numerous media sources are reporting on a campaign by New Orleans city
    authorities to confiscate lawfully-owned firearms from people in the
    city. Louisiana statute does grant the government, during a state of
    emergency, broad powers in regulating and controlling firearms.

However, we have seen not just with Hurricane Katrina, but other similar situations, that when police are unable to control the criminal element, people turn to the one freedom that protects all others--the Second Amendment.

While one can certainly understand the dire predicaments of all those
    affected by Hurricane Katrina, as we have learned throughout history,
    campaigns to disarm the lawful do nothing to disarm the criminal. And
    in truth, these restrictions make citizens less safe. Despite the
    valiant efforts of many law enforcement officers and rescue workers, too many of those left in the wake of Katrina are ultimately responsible for their own security and safety and that of their families and loved ones.

This is especially true when communication is virtually non-existent
    and police can't be quickly summoned to respond to calls for help. At
    these times, lawful gun ownership is paramount to personal safety.

Of course, the entire situation in New Orleans is constantly in flux.
    But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time. As we learn more, we will report to our members accordingly. In the interim, however, we join with all Americans in offering our thoughts, prayers, and assistance to the victims and survivors of this terrible natural disaster.

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LAVE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    IncarcerationFacilitatorIncarcerationFacilitator Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [The worthless Bolsheviks in New Orleans have been confiscating people's firearms. No criminal charges are involved. They're just taking and keeping every gun they find. What do we do about that? I say kill the tyrants.
    ]

I was upset to hear that guns were being taken from people and thought it was a horribly unfair practice. Then your words brought to light the reason for taking them, Defender.....
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I was upset to hear that guns were being taken from people and thought it was a horribly unfair practice. Then your words brought to light the reason for taking them, Defender.....

You have got to be kidding me!! Are you seriously supporting the Gestapo that has be taking weapons away from law abiding citizens at a time when they need them most? The only thing being accomplished here is the criminal element is raping and looting at will. You tell me, if your wife were being raped by five men when you walked in the door, [:0] don't you think you might wish you had a gun? I dunno, why is it so difficult for these leftist folk to put the proverbial shoe on the other foot?

I, without hesitation, would blow those five men into hell's kitchen and I'd be as right as rain for doing it! This isn't a hypothetical situation. It's happening right now! Open you eyes, scratch away the blinders and smell the rotting coffee! There truly are really bad people out there and thanks to NO LEO's along with the FEDS, the bad guys just got allot more confident. [V] [:(!] [V]

"Don't look back,Something might be gaining on you"-Satchel Paige
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    IncarcerationFacilitator;
    So therefore..we can say that you then despise the Founders...eh ?

After all..the shots fired at TYRANTS came about when they marched to disarm the people....
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    IncarcerationFacilitator;
    So therefore..we can say that you then despise the Founders...eh ?

After all..the shots fired at TYRANTS came about when they marched to disarm the people....

Who let a Bolshevik into this forum? String him up boys!

Defender
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can only hope that somebody, anybody in New Orleans stands up and refuses to give their guns. This would probably cause shots to be fired and that my friends would begin the 'Civil War Part II'. It most certainly will not be pretty but it is a necessary evil. People will die and that should never be taken lightly. What is the alternative? Next do they start sending all of the Hispanic Americans down the cattle gates into train cars? It's written all over the wall boys. The time is near as the Boy Scouts say "Be Prepared."[8][:(!]

Stand up and be counted for what you are about to receive, we are the dealers, we'll give you everything you need... - AC/DC "For those about to rock, we salute you" OK so I dated myself, oh well.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother sent me this e-mail yesterday morning:

quote:Interesting live footage on FoxNews this morning.

Members of the Los Angeles Fire and Rescue were doing house-to-house searches for casualties in a "bad part of town" in New Orleans.

Four L.A.F.D. guys would break into each house. Two members of the 82nd Airborne (Red Berets) with M-16s would accompany them. (Note: Never saw a guy climb through a window without ever taking his finger off the trigger guard of his M-16 before. LOL! Must be a skill acquired over in Iraq.)

There has been gunfire heard in the area.

Just in case stuff happens, a deuce-and-a-half truck with 12-15 more Red Berets onboard are outside for backup.

Sooner or later, these guys are going to open a nest of looting, shooting gangbangers and then all hell will break loose.

My money is on the Red Berets.

I can't confirm that the 82nd Airborne was actually entering the premises with M-16s drawn, but I did find this photo on Yahoo of them "assisting" the San Diego Fire/Rescue team. They are definitely providing "active" support:
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050910/ids_photos_india_wl/ra1200329344.jpg

And there is definitely an armed 82nd Airborne presence in the French Quarter:
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050907/photos_pl_afp/050907173035_rete1nbk_photo0

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Seams to me there is something about our troops on our own soil being illegal. Of course, not if we're invaded. I would hardly call those people in New Orleans "invaders." In fact the way our brothers and sisters are being treated is criminal. As far as who to put your money on? Simple it depends on weaponry. If the folks down there have armed themselves properly, the Red Berets don't stand a chance. They are sitting ducks out in the street in an armoured personel carrier and it's probably not even armoured.

The tides will change drastically if someone has a LAWS rocket or grenade launcher w/ordinance. The folks down there take cover and surround that truck and not a single Red Beret walks away.

I know I'm talking about someone's son or daughter but once they don that uniform and come armed into our streets, they are the enemy.

It cannot be presumed that any clause in the constitution is intended to be without effect;... - Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 174 (1803).

The Constitution is a written instrument. As such, its meaning does not alter. That which it meant when it was adopted, it means now. - South Carolina v. United States, 199 U.S. 437, 448 (1905).

History is clear that the first ten amendments to the Constitution were adopted to secure certain common law rights of the people, against invasion by the Federal Government. - Bell v. Hood, 71 F. Supp., 813, 816 (1947) U.S.D.C., So. Dist. CA.