In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No Conseal Carry Allowed

Bopeep2Bopeep2 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
No Consealed Carry Allowed! This is the new sign which adorns the entrance outside of our humble smalltown city hall, our parks and other select city property. Might as well hang a sighn out front that reads: Robbers & Murderers Welcome! No One Inside Is Armed! The one at the park has NRA stickers all over it, wonder who put those there?

Comments

• 65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see what you mean. Most states have a gun free zones such as schools, public library, etc..., yet those "gun free zones" are one of the highest murder rates.

More guns less crimes. Criminials dont like armed individiuals.

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even here in Nevada there are many public buildings where firearms are completely prohibited, even with a CCW. Those include most city halls and county courthouses or administrative buildings, universities, community colleges, all elementary, middle, and high schools, and areas controlled by the Airport Authority.

The county courthouses around here typically have a "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" sign posted. I can see where those with CCWs might think they are exempt, therefore facilitating a "NO CONCEALED FIREARMS ALLOWED".

I used to work for a county government in California. If you were caught anywhere on county property with a gun (even in a parking lot inside your car), it would have meant immediate termination and probably a felony firearms charge.

I agree it ain't right, but these are the times we live in.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have ever carried a gun to work? Was it actually on your person? Was it concealed? Did anybody discover you were carrying? Did you get hassled by your boss or coworkers?

I don't mean to change the subject, but I am just curious.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LAVE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like Bo Peep lives in Ohio... just like me.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without a metal detector who would know , it is concealed .
    The second amendment right to keep and bear arms . This statement says to me that I have the right under the 2nd amendment to carry any way I see fix any were I want in this U.S.A. . This law of the land has had every attempt made to usurp it's meaning ,by the one that fear the people will not like what they will do for us. We are fixing that one state at a time.
    The problem with the way it is being done is it is an unfunded mandate . They make the laws and you pay for the privilege (not the right) to carry.
    It is also a backdoor way to register people who may be packing or own guns and were to find them.
    I find it ironic that the states we live in find it acceptable to violate the U.S. constitution and we the people let them do it.
    How about a referrendom in Nov. and we the people vote to get rid of all the anti-gun laws that violate the 2nd amendment.

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    No metal detector, I carry. It is commonly known here at work (power plant)that I keep a gun in my car. It is against company policy. It is also commonly known that my vehicle is NOT subject to search except by law enforcement. Been here 5 years, no issues. Don't ask, don't tell? Probably.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.
  • texas1985texas1985 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey shoot i'll vote for you too along with the rest of my gun totin' family

"he who fails can atleast say he tried" Me-Russell Murray
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    Carried guns, usually more than one, to work with me for a number of years.All my coworkers thought it was cool, so they all did the same! Hell, we went to Egypt a coupla' times, Grenada, Panama, Iraq/Saudi and NOBODY at work really cared! My boss told me once that I couldn't take my "gun" into the shower with me, BUT, HIS BOSS said it was okay.*LOL*
    Sorry, I couldn't resist!
    Flame away!
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wanted_man, I assume your "employer" required that you wear fatigues and keep a spit polish on your boots too? Did the CEO of the "company" live in a big white house in Washington, D.C.?

[:D]

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
    edited November -1
    Start a petition , put it on the ballot .
    Civil disobedience , everyone pack anyway.
    Rub it in there faces , tell them you will not conform.
    In most places its only a misdemeanor violation
    anyway .
    Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    [8D]

Did your boss give you some live ammo to?
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy ammo, lots and lots of ammo. Even if they take your guns, ammo is easy to hide. You can make a firing aparatus in a matter of a couple of hours. It's kind of hard to make the rounds out of everyday things. If they don't come for your guns, and I mean IF, then you'll have lots of ammo for the truly "Big One" or whenever they eventually do come for them.

Bangbangbangbangbangclick swoosh click slide popbangbangbangbangbangclick swoosh click slide pop bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang......BOOM!
    Any questions?

"The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down to begin with."

"If I find you here Tonight..... THEY will find you here in the Morning"
    edited November -1
    What's this buy ammo ?
    Collect brass and reload it .
    Fill all the ammo cans you can afford .
    Stock up on lead shot before it's outlawed .
    Save every shot shell other guy dump on the ground
    and buy wads by the 10,000's.
    This way you can always shoot when your broke .
    It will make you fell better when the Government has all of your money.
    [8D]