In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Change California Assualt Weapon Band

ReallyBoredReallyBored Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
I want to change Californias "assualt weapon" ban. I know that the state and local governments will never do it but California is unique in the country in that we are allowed to have special initiatives on the ballot if enough people sign a petition. Governor Arnold has used them succesfully 6 times since he took office. It is a perfect way to have the citizens of the state vote and bypass the legislature. I am very confident that a well written law that is similiar to the federal assualt weapon laws could pass in california is voted on the citizens. This state is NOT as liberal as people think. California voters voted to REJECT GAY MARRIAGE and REJECT FUNDING for illegal immigrants and REJECT drivers lecisnes for illegals. Most of the measures are overturned by liberal judges defying the will of the voters and citizens. I would like to start the campaign to get an intitive on the ballot. What do you guys think ? Where should I turn for help ? NRA ?

Comments

• Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a link to the website of the California Secretary Of State that tells how to qualify a ballot initiative. This is something you and I actually agree on RB. Who'd a thunk it? If you ever manage to get it going, I'd certainly sign the petition and then vote for it the initiative. Good luck!

http://www.ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_h.htm
  • ReallyBoredReallyBored Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    fourth -hey awsome link. i think i am going to give this a go, but i have no idea how you really do these things. i am thinking about contacting the nra or someone around here to help me out. i'm sure the gun industry would like to help too (37 million residents can buy alot of guns, lol)
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the California Assualt Weapon Band like the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band?

[:o)]

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More like the Dave Matthews Band, whimpy and stupid.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good one, 4th! [:D]

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:0][:D][B)][:X][:D]

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ReallyBored
    fourth -hey awsome link. i think i am going to give this a go, but i have no idea how you really do these things. i am thinking about contacting the nra or someone around here to help me out. i'm sure the gun industry would like to help too (37 million residents can buy alot of guns, lol)

I tried this already.

They seemed real intrested in what I had to say ....around election time. turns out that if you don't have a name or a big wallet, most you will get is a phone call from an intern. good luck.

Corinthian-turret.gif"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
  • ReallyBoredReallyBored Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well the thing about initiatives is that they have nothing to do with politicians. i'm sure you could organize enough money from the gun industry and publicity to make it happen. poop its worth a try. i know ronnie barret would donate some money and would love the air time.