In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone besides me go to the L.A. Gun Rights Conf?

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
It went very well. Wayne LaPierre, Sandra Froman, Alan Gotlieb, Massad, Ayoob, Sen. Larry Craig (R) ID, Paxton Quigley, Alan Korwin and many others spoke and provided lots of books and handouts.

This is the kind of thing we all must attend to better fight for our rights.

They shed a lot of light on the New Orleans gun grab that they obtained a court injunction that both stopped that travesty and required that all guns be returned.

The webcast of all the speakers will be up ina day or two.

Defender
Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.

Comments

• ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you tell us more, I'm sorry I missed it.

canIplay.jpg

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.saf.org/

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw this advertised by SAF, glad to hear Wayne LaPierre and Sandy Froman attended. Could it be that we are finally seeing the mutual cooperation between the pro-gun groups that we have dreamed of all these years?

Maybe the NRA was being truthful when they claimed to be holding off on 2nd Amendment lawsuits until the Supreme Court was more firmly in Conservative hands. Perhaps with Bush's two appointments they finally feel comfortable enough to go on the offensive.

Comengetit, maybe the "Gerry Spence" option will not be necessary. After all, we are already paying for all the NRA/GOA/SAF lawyers. Would be nice to get our money's worth.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little too far away for me to attend.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    Bringing gun cases to the Supreme Court when it's loaded with Bolshevik activists is asking to kill the Second Amendment. We need enough seats filled by real Americans then we bring them the right case...

Defender
  • jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Defender
    Bringing gun cases to the Supreme Court when it's loaded with Bolshevik activists is asking to kill the Second Amendment. We need enough seats filled by real Americans then we bring them the right case...

Defender

you have a good point but when do you think we will ever see the seats taken by people "we" can trust to do the right thing. My thought is probably never again.[:(]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Defender Posted - 09/27/2005 : 8:07:17 PM
    quote:Bringing gun cases to the Supreme Court when it's loaded with Bolshevik activists is asking to kill the Second Amendment. We need enough seats filled by real Americans then we bring them the right case
    Have heard this postulated over and over and over. Partly true, anyway..

The matter is quite simple, really....let us assume a total breakdown of sanity on the part of the supremes. They find the right to be a collective right.

Right then will be the time of decision on the part of REAL Americans.

Submit to tyranny...or resist. No decision there at all, in my opinion...
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These are all good points and should be taken under advisement. I certainly will be weighing these and more over the next few months.

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The matter is quite simple, really....let us assume a total breakdown of sanity on the part of the supremes. They find the right to be a collective right.

Right then will be the time of decision on the part of REAL Americans.

I'm with Highball. I forget who said, "Get busy living, or get busy dying." Probably from some cheesy movie.

Anyway, either we have faith that the Supremes will stand up for our rights, or we once and for all learn where we stand. Then the rest is, as Highball says, on the part of the REAL Americans.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Think about the irony of it all.

Most of the people that promote gun control..(The "pro-gun anti-gunners") will tell you right quick that we live in a free society.."freeist country in the world"....

Yet they fear a high court decision removing what small gun protections we have left...they fear talking about tyranny on an open forum...they fear, they fear...

A coward dies a thousand deaths every day....one with courage dies one death.
    edited November -1
    Gun owners are too candyassed to fight for their rights. When that New Orleans crap gets pulled nationwide our fight will begin and end in the courts. The sheep will all turn in their firearms.

Defender