In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Brady campaign in england!.

nick357nick357 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
Hi all been very busy lately i just had to share this with you all.
Some guy by the name of peter hamm from a group called the brady campaign(i do not know anything about this group, but i have heard the term brady bill/law-unknown to me, ive heard of the million mom but not this group).
Anyway on friday sept 30th there was an article in many of the natinal paper's about brit's being put at risk of being shot in miami, due to this so called shoot first law which says comes into force today.
Now peter is is saying that if you get involved in any kind of arguement with the locals you could very likely end up being shot, i found this very funny, these brady bunch people are now going to warn us brits of the dangers of people carrying gun's by handing out leaflets at point's of entry and he ranted on about how 30,242 people died becuse of gun's in the u.s.
This i found very stupid of such a group and has proved that they do not care for human life, they are going into a propergander war that's the way i see it.
Now these last few month's there have been hurricanes blowing about all over the state of florida, and these people want to scare away vital tourism to aid the rebuild of the areas just so they can state gun's are scaring away tourist's, talk about kicking someone when there down.
I have informed the papers and put what this man has said in to perspective.
For example i stated in the contact that it was 30,242 deaths not murders which include accidental right up to law enforcement use, and that nevada has had this law for donkey's years and you dont often here about holiday maker's being shot on the strip.
Anyway i can only do so much, but if tourism drops in florida you know who to thank.
And i would like to know the address of these people so i can contact them and say how good it is for this law to pass as no government on god's clean earth can pay for a policeman on every corner and as such when i visit there on one of my stops early next year i will feel a lot safer knowing that if im robed my chances of surving will be a lot better due to some good citizen using the firearm they are leagally allowed to carry will save my bacon[:)].

Comments

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You damn skippy. Where was this being handed out and was there anyone to the contrary handing out literature as well? Thanks-Comengetit

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I e-mailed the following to a new friend I made who is a reporter for the BBC in London:

Dear******
    I happen to be a gun toting, gun-rights activist and belong to the National Rifle Association. For many years I have lobbied legislation that expands the rights of Americans to own and carry concealed firearms.

The laws and the consequences of banning guns in the UK is well known to me. The horrible position that crime victims are forced into by UK laws that also ban reasonable self-defense and defense of home and family are outrageous.

I applaud every intended crime victims who fights back, injures or kills assailants who were stopped in the act of violent crime and residential burglaries. It only makes sense to protect the law abiding. It makes no sense to protect muggers, rapists and killers from their victims.

The UK is backward like too many Americans. Like the people behind this terror campaign designed to frighten tourists who visit the USA.

This ad is beyond silly. It's a new law for Florida but the same law has been on the books of most other states. This campaign is designed to somehow undo this Florida law by terrorizing people from the UK.
    This has backfired everywhere today and opens the Brady Bunch to well-deserved litigation from the tourist organizations they are trying to hurt.

Oooops!
    bcam_ad.jpg

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are always predictions of blood running in the streets, every time a law like this is passed. (or a CCW law) The PROVEN FACT is (with crime statistics) that the violent crime rates DROP, EVERY TIME!!!

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thinking about a California Vacation?
    Please
    Ensure that
    Criminals are Safe.

State law in the Golden State
    authorizes nervous or frightened
    criminals to use deadly force.

In California, avoid disputes. Use special
    caution when being robbed or raped by
    California criminals.

Police and prosecutors are unconcerned
    about the potential for unnecessary
    violence.

TRAVELERS: BE VERY
    AWARE OF CALIFORNIA'S
    CRIMINALS FIRST LAW.

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    nick357nick357 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WW LMMFAO!!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."