In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What If? It Could Happen!

ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you haven't already read this, here they are:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=169501

I would venture to guess about 2 months from now this country will be a shell of it's former self. We will truly experience Hell on Earth. If Rita grows to a cat5 or 4 hurricane, it will utterly wipe from existence what is left in NOLA. I think she will turn North and slam right in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. If this occurs watch for the Terrorists to attack. I believe they will no matter where it hits. When the eye makes landfall, we could be in for a world of trouble. They have tactical nukes in our country, it's not a matter of if it's a matter of when. What better time to get the most bang for the buck then when many people are already in despair, confusion, and turmoil.

I certainly would be looking took get the greatest effect possible out of my 9 nuclear weapons. My predictions of where and when;

1. September 26th, 2005 9 nuclear weapons will be deployed into 8 cities in the United States.
2. On September 28th at 11:00AM EST.........BOOM
3. New York City X2
4. Chicago
5. Los Angeles
6. Las Vegas
7. Philadelphia
8. Washington D.C.
9. San Francisco
10. Dallas/Ft. Worth or Miami

All will be strategically placed as to take advantage of the most possible civilian deaths in the downtown areas where many people are in a relatively small amount of square mileage. Be prepared, if I turn out to need mental help, as Select Fire has suggested, fantastic you will all have been ready and from now on will be. No harm, no foul. You might want to get a hepa filter air circulator, some 3 mil visquein, and, if possible, a tank of oxygen. A BNC suit with mask wouldn't hurt but I know I'd be labled crazy if I suggested that [;)]. You won't want to be outside for awhile so hunker down. Unless you are 20-25 miles out from ground zero, in which case pack the SUV and head for the hills, pick a "safe spot" in your house where you can seal it off and have all of your supplies in there already. The master is probably the best choice. Have a water filtration system in the master bath in case you need it. I doubt there will be running water, so lots and lots of water. You need to be prepared to be holed up for at least 3 weeks just for fallout. Don't forget pet food and a place in the master for them. When you start to feel your air going, if you have the oxygen tank, turn it on to about 2-3% flow, move into the bathroom and bring the animals into the group. That will last a surprisingly long time. When that runs out, put the hepa filter in the hallway and tube the air into the room.

Don't leave any weapons anywhere in the house except where you are. It won't be like NOLA for about 2-3 weeks then people will start to surface. This is when you are most susceptable to danger from your fellow man.

This is one time when I truly hope I am wrong, one problem, I rarely am.

If this scares you, it should. It will happen, who knows when. I am merely speculating with no basis for my time frame other than "a hunch." The greatest service you can do for your family is to have a clear plan and be prepared.

On the outside chance that we should be invaded by a foreign country when we are crippled, Bring your guns and ammo with you & all provisions, I'm sorry to say this has to be the end of the road for your pets, lock them in the house with plenty of food and water and pray for them, make your way to Denver or Colorado Springs whichever is closer. If it is Denver go to the airport and wait until there are at least 50 of you. Then head down to Colorado Springs, on the Southwest part of town is the "Garden of the Gods". We meet here. From this location we are minutes away from being deep into the Rocky Mountains. There are also alot of homes back in there for shelter. It will be cold. The Air Force Academy is just 10 miles away that may turn out to be significant. If it should be too "hot" there, we will go further South to the Enchanted Circle of New Mexico, Taos way. Angel Fire should make for nice refuge. When do you go? As soon as you feel the presence of others in your country. How long should you wait in Denver? No more than 2 days. Have plenty of fuel, there won't be any available. Our government will take over all gas stations to cut down on our mobility, to protect us from ourselves, if you will.

Look folks, I know this all sounds nuts, but if I would have told you that September 11th was going to happen would you have believed me? You'd a had me locked up. The best case scenario is that nothing happens, in which case you were prepared. What, would you be embarrassed you'll look like a dork gathering all these things? Those who would critisize will be the first ones at your door for help.

If by unGodly insane odds there are plans of invasion, you'll be damn glad you had a place picked out where you will have the support of others in a location very remote and deep into the Mountains. Somebody's got to make some sort of plan, might as well be us.

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?

Comments

• Options
    Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must seriously get back on your anti-schizophrenia meds.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I knew it. Oh, well, I can at least say I tried. Specifically what gave you that impression. Please don't just say everything. I'd like to know where you think I've got it wrong[}:)][;)]

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get out and swing that hammer, or maybe that bat. You'll feel much better.

[:D]

I'm heading to the range right now to practice my 300 yard pistol shots. Never know when I may have to defend my neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's house with just my pistol.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    Yeah, I knew it. Oh, well, I can at least say I tried. Specifically what gave you that impression. Please don't just say everything. I'd like to know where you think I've got it wrong[}:)][;)]

I don't believe another hurricane will "utterly wipe from existance what's left of NOLA."

I don't believe Rita is headed for NOLA or Baton Rouge. Looks more like the Houston area to me.

I don't believe another hurricane will necessarily trigger a terrorist attack. They attack on their own schedule based on their own plans.

I don't believe they have any nukes in our country. If they did, they'd have used them already.

I think you need mental help like Select Fire has suggested.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I certainly hope your wrong on this one. My gut feeling is also that if the terrorist in the country did have the nukes here they would have used them quickly so as to avoid any investigations tracking them down. I always have my ammo and guns at the ready here and in another location out of state. On the NO position I think another good washing of the city might actually be a good thing. Possibly dilute and clean up some of the bacteria and other diseases that are there now. Also if it did hit the city again just how much more money damage could it do? Better than leveling another major city or port.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess the therapy really isn't working, damn I thought I was doing better[}:)][;)][:p][:o)]
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]
    ja check email
    WW-lol! [;)]

OK Fourth Horseman, I know what you DON'T believe, now what DO you believe. You can't think WTC was it. Did you read the other two news articles at top of post?

• Options
    edited November -1
    LOL, aaaawww snit! That one I like. I actually laughed out loud here in my office. Good one Select-Fire! Now see that's what it's all about. Lighten it up a little every now and then.[;)][}:)][:D] No sarcasm, just straight up.

Not bad KingJoey but the tinfoil hat is kind of over played. But I like the spirit. Next! [;)]

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Here a little 'Public Service Announcement": A hose clamp is not needed to keep your tinfoil hat in place and the effectiveness of the hat will not be hampered by a casual comfortable fit. Studies show that mind-control waves are blocked equally well by a loosely fitted TFH as they are by a tightly fitted and clamped TFH[;)]

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gifth_israelC3.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yah know ja, I been thinkin' ( I know, I know, I'm not supposed to do that), but since I did anyway, about this nuke thing. Do you really think they would use them as soon as they got 'em? I kind of think bin Laden's Ego wouldn't allow that. He wants something big. That's why I think it will be well orchestrated and in unison.[^]

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Better buy more tinfoil too, don't want to run out in the middle of a catastrophe like this[;)]

Love them Beavers
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a feeling that detonating an H-Bomb on US soil, inside a major city would be big enough for Bin Ladens aims. Besides, if he had 9 nukes, he has the means to carry out 9 separate, major attacks.....Why detonate them all at once, when you can stretch in out over months or years

Molon Labe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kingjoey
    Better buy more tinfoil too, don't want to run out in the middle of a catastrophe like this[;)]

Love them Beavers

Don't forget to stock up on duct tape![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's the spirit guys. Duct tape- funny
    Tin foil hat- funny but losing it's luster, a bit over played. [;)]
    NEXT!

HVOF- I can't remember whether the article eluded to 7 or 9 nukes. I'm pretty sure if he has them here, he's goin' for the slam dunk. I think he came damn close to checkin' out in Bora Bora. He wants to feel his peoples admiration and respect, while at the same time, he doesn't ever want to be out done. JMHO [:D]

And why on God's green earth would Clinton not buy them from the Chechnyan's (sp.)? Buy not taking them off the market, they ended up right where we would have most wanted to keep them away. Hmmph! Go Figure! [xx(]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yah know ja, I been thinkin' ( I know, I know, I'm not supposed to do that), but since I did anyway, about this nuke thing. Do you really think they would use them as soon as they got 'em? I kind of think bin Laden's Ego wouldn't allow that. He wants something big. That's why I think it will be well orchestrated and in unison.[^]

Just detonating one on our soil would be "BIG" by definition. They would go after DC as their first target and any other city would just be a bonus to them. My 2 cents.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My question is, just exactly what the * would we do about it if they did nuke one or more of our cities? How would we retaliate? Even if we then nuked Iran, North Korea, Syria, or other "axis of evil" terrorist supporting countries, how would that stop them from carrying out further attacks since we don't really know exactly where they are. I just don't think there'd be much we could really do about it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:My question is, just exactly what the * would we do about it if they did nuke one or more of our cities?How would we retaliate? Even if we then nuked Iran, North Korea, Syria, or other "axis of evil" terrorist supporting countries, how would that stop them from carrying out further attacks since we don't really know exactly where they are. I just don't think there'd be much we could really do about it.

And...herein lies the rub. Pretty formidable foe, wouldn't you say? It's like fighting a ghost. We can't see them coming, we don't know where they came from, we don't know who they are, we don't know where or when they will strike or if, they will strike. They(whoever, they are)could be playing a very dangerous game of cat and mouse in which the return volley never comes. The thought of it and the reality of it, if felt by enough of the populous, would create 300,000,000 people trying to go on about their daily lives strapped by the constant fear of wondering "will this be the day?" They won't let their children go out and play, they won't take weekend excursions, they won't go out to eat, they won't go to the movies or the mall...The objective will then have been acomplished without one bomb being dispatched, it's beautiful and ingenious in its creation and performance, the bomb that never was will have done more damage than any 20 nukes could have done. That, you see would pizz us off and give us strength. Strong is the last thing they want us to be. It's brilliant. [:0] Checkmate! Bye-bye freedom! Now that's no joke.[:(]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:My question is, just exactly what the * would we do about it if they did nuke one or more of our cities? How would we retaliate? Even if we then nuked Iran, North Korea, Syria, or other "axis of evil" terrorist supporting countries, how would that stop them from carrying out further attacks since we don't really know exactly where they are. I just don't think there'd be much we could really do about it.

Total War. Kill 'em all, from Casablanca to Chungking.

Oh, and nuke France just for good measure.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's the spirit WW. Sick and twisted but you're there, I love the Idea of throwing in France. Of all the lives we saved the French we have asked but one thing of the French.......For a place to bury our dead. Then they spit on our soldiers graves. Uuuuuhh, I don't think so, Frenchy. We won't forget.[V][B)][:(!]

How'd the shootin' go? Does your neighbors, neighbors, neighbor feel a little more at ease knowing you'll be on watch at 300 yds. with your sidearm? [:D][;)][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:How'd the shootin' go? Does your neighbors, neighbors, neighbor feel a little more at ease knowing you'll be on watch at 300 yds. with your sidearm?

I used my spinner target, it is 5 spinners in about a 1-foot square metal frame. I set it out about 100 yards. I couldn't see much that far, but I would say I heard the spinners DING about 50% of the time. So I'm figuring at 300 yards (almost a 1000-feet!) this would merely be a scare tactic, which then I may as well just pull out the 10/22 with the 9x scope and have some fun!

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

• Options
    edited November -1
    My view, sick as you all may find it and me, is pretty simple. You guys remember the good old Neutron bomb that we did make that the UN outlawed. Fill to capacity all our bombers and drop those babies till every square mile of raghead infested, middle easturn country contains no life period. All those fake allies we have included, I think you know the ones I mean. Lets call it Linebacker 3 just for old times sake. It is cruel but will eliminate 95-98% of the problem.

Call up France, Russia, Britian, Germany and China beforehand and offer to split up the oil 6 ways. All the other nations on earth put together couldn't oppose the big 6 if we were united on this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do we have to include France? I'd love to hear their reaction after the whole thing went down completely undetected by the French 'radar screen'. I can hear them cussing us in their high falutin French dialect. God do I despise that whiney, nasal, cavernous wail they call language. ja, I really, really don't like the French. What do you say can we 86 'em?[V][:D]

Hey ja, who's gonna go get the oil after we carpet bomb with nukes? It'll be fifty years before anything could survive on the 'Worlds Largest Outdoor Roller Skating Rink.' Oh how I relish the idea, how sinister and evil. I love it.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Do we have to include France? I'd love to hear their reaction after the whole thing went down completely undetected by the French 'radar screen'. I can hear them cussing us in their high falutin French dialect. God do I despise that whiney, nasal, cavernous wail they call language. ja, I really, really don't like the French. What do you say can we 86 'em?[V][:D]

Hey ja, who's gonna go get the oil after we carpet bomb with nukes? It'll be fifty years before anything could survive on the 'Worlds Largest Outdoor Roller Skating Rink.' Oh how I relish the idea, how sinister and evil. I love it.

The Neutron wasn't a nuke, it was a bomb that killed people and animals but left buildings and landscapes intact. If I remember right you could occupy where it was used in a matter of days aftewards. It produced high levels of I think gamma radiation or something like that, not the ionizing radiation that a nuke produces. All the countries that opposed it didn't have it and said it would make war too easy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually ja, it is a nuke just not in the destructive sense as we apply the term. However, you are correct in that it most certainly wouldn't turn the sand to glass over any area of considerable measure, perhaps only an area close to the point of explosion. I like the Neutro Bomb more than the tradition nuke we are all familiar with, it just seems to make more sense. After all the spoils of war are the victors for the taking why destroy what could be yours. I found this little blurb on the net, seems it's back in our arsenal as of 1981. You gotta' love Ronnie and his "yeah, f**k you, what are you gonna' do about it, attitude!"

NEUTRON BOMB

"Also called ENHANCED RADIATION WARHEAD, specialized type of small thermonuclear weapon that produces minimal blast and heat but which releases large amounts of lethal radiation. The neutron bomb delivers blast and heat effects that are confined to an area of only a few hundred yards in radius. But within a somewhat larger area it throws off a massive wave of neutron and gamma radiation, which can penetrate armour or several feet of earth. This radiation is extremely destructive to living tissue. Because of its short-range destructiveness and the absence of long-range effect, the neutron bomb would be highly effective against tank and infantry formations on the battlefield but would not endanger cities or other population centres only a few miles away. It can be carried in a Lance missile or delivered by an 8-inch (200-millimetre) howitzer, or possibly by attack aircraft.

In strategic terms, the neutron bomb has a theoretical deterrent effect: discouraging an armoured ground assault by arousing the fear of neutron bomb counterattack. The bomb would disable enemy tank crews in minutes, and those exposed would die within days. U.S. production of the bomb was postponed in 1978 and resumed in 1981."

In all actuality we could win a war in a matter of days as opposed to years as most wars are inclined to take. I think I could get used to the idea of having France as an U.S. possession. And how in the World did we ever agree to sign anything that would limit our abilities to wage war and if we did use it, who would enforce what, against us? I think we have put ourselves in a pretty pizz poor position due to our foreign policy. We now have to show the World that we are so ridiculously powerful that no one would dream of coming after us. That could prove to be quite difficult considering the technology gap is closing every day.

If and when we are hit with another terrorist attack, I think the gloves come off and the rules go by way of the dinasaur, we can't live by rules that our counterparts do not aknowledge. There can only be one solution........BOOM!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ruh Roh, Looks like Rita has changed course and is headed to Louisiana. Check this thread.http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=169760

• Options
    amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:
    The Neutron wasn't a nuke, it was a bomb that killed people and animals but left buildings and landscapes intact. If I remember right you could occupy where it was used in a matter of days aftewards. It produced high levels of I think gamma radiation or something like that, not the ionizing radiation that a nuke produces. All the countries that opposed it didn't have it and said it would make war too easy.

Actually, the neutron weapon produced enhanced radiation instead of high explosive detonation. As far as radiation is concerned, it is more lethal, just less physically destructive to physical realestate, unless you consider that you won't be planting anything "normal" for a good 100 plus years. Those are facts, not tryin to be mean, just letting you know.
    The Russians told their soldiers that the "injection", (atropine) would cure them. Their mission was to inject themselves and continue the attack. wow...

Comengetit is not the source of the info about the back pack nukes that are missing. dunno how many, who has, truth of source etc. But suppose it IS true.
    If you can find those old Marine Corps Guide books from the late 70's early eighties, you will at least find out what immediate action to take for yourself. A little deeper reading will tell you what to do if'n yer indoors if something were to occur.

Again, suppose it IS true. Then it seems to me thst the only real question is: What will you do to protect yourself?
    I would say that if you live in the big cities... move away if you can. Move away even if you can't for a few years.
    IF there were such a culture in the world that would be willing to nuke us AND make it look as if you can't really tell who did it, then of a certainty, they will wait until we are all safely back to sleep again.
    Just think to the future, and how you would play it for your own defense, and do something. Paranoia is optional.

ALSO do not believe that stuff a couple of posts above about "short term" radiation effects. It is, by definition and intent, misinfomation. (it was the selling point.)

Look... I don't wanna pretend to be someone who knows something he isn't saying. It isn't like that. I would only say that the sites that the NW's were tested on are still not accessible.
    You can believe it or not.
    But if, for example, one went off in LA and you live and work there, and some butthead said "Oh! It's just a neutron weapon!" All I can say is , go ahead and go back to work, idiot. Less people eatin lettuce, drinking water and breathin the air...
    and by the way, if you DO live in LA and something bad happens... good luck getting the hXXl outta there... whew... what a mess that place is just on holidays. Took me six hours to go 80 miles one holiday.

The duty to preserve one's self ought never be denied.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW comeandgetit, I wouldn't rule something like this out, but I will say pulling something like this off right under our noses will be difficult.

This doesn't involve a few ragheads hopping 4 planes and crashing them into buildings, you know.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    FWIW comeandgetit, I wouldn't rule something like this out, but I will say pulling something like this off right under our noses will be difficult.

This doesn't involve a few ragheads hopping 4 planes and crashing them into buildings, you know.

Death to Tyrants!!!

The whole darned thing is a little suspicious to me.
    There are so many people in the world. It isn't hard to cook up a plan and put it into action, depending on the plan of course.
    I hope it is all BS and never happens, but to believe it can't or won't happen (or isn't possible) is naive.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Very intelligent well thought out responses Amsptcds, especially since they agree with me[;)][8D][:p][:D]
    Welcome to the board, always glad to see someone open minded and not severely planted on the left and we really like it when they have an IQ higher than a brick.[:D]

canIplay.jpg

• Options
    edited November -1
    WOW!!!!! Nice Picture.[:p][:I][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jaflowers
    WOW!!!!! Nice Picture.[:p][:I][:D]

woo hoo!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kingjoey
    Here a little 'Public Service Announcement": A hose clamp is not needed to keep your tinfoil hat in place and the effectiveness of the hat will not be hampered by a casual comfortable fit. Studies show that mind-control waves are blocked equally well by a loosely fitted TFH as they are by a tightly fitted and clamped TFH[;)]

Love them Beavers

but I thought that tin foil hats only kept ufo's away....?
    hehehe

• Options
    edited November -1
    LOL! How did I know to expect you here today. It must have got you thinking though, how else would you have remembered?[;)] I wrote this to stir up some conversation about a doomsday situation. I'd say it worked pretty well. We definitely had some good discussion and it brought about new topics.[:D]

Thanks for coming back over, perhaps you'd like to add something.[:)]

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, no one saw 11 SEP 2001 happening, right. There were undoubtedly millions upon millions glued to their TV sets on that day, all saying "How could this happen?" while they were all along just like most of those on this board, that such could not happen.

When it does happen (note: not "if") it will come out of nowhere, and we will all be stunned that it happens, just like last time.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The "buzz" with the conspiracy theorists is that it will happen during Ramadan, which starts soon, and will involve 7 cities.
    Courtesy of Coast to Coast radio with George Noory.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I've heard that too. I guess we'll see, I've got my trailer packed and only have to add a few items and I'm off to the Mountains.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?