In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who are the gun rights haters?

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
There will always be a percentage of the population who would rather be killed before they stand up and fight for their own lives or the lives of their children. They are the goats and sheep of our society. They want to force everyone into their cowardly way of life. They are the reason the Holocaust could happen in our world. They make it possible for leaders like Adolph Hitler, Josef Stalin and Pol Pot to commit atrocities against the human race.

Defender
Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, and that is a very LARGE percentage, like 97% or so.
    There are referred to as.......sheeple. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    97% of the human population are what we would call sheeple. Those with no backbone and no willingness to fight to protect even their own family. I would guess that the figure on this site is quite high also. There are sooo many people that talk a good game, but when it comes to suitin' up...they're nowhere to be found.

I'd be very careful who you trust to watch your back these days. Used to be a handshake and a man's word was all you needed to make a deal binding. Now days you have to put the whole thing in writing and even then the little sap sucking 6astards will try to find a way to screw you. How does this fit in topic? We're talking about the same people, no morals- no heart, no heart- no dignity, no dignity- no true purpose in life, no purpose- sheeple!

They're all yella' as my Grandfather used to say. I thought he was just an old codger only to find out years later, he was right as rain. He had no faith in people and I have to say, I'm losing what little I have in a hurry.

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • Options
    amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    [quotebut when it comes to suitin' up...they're nowhere to be found.

[/quote]
    That's the exact reason that I do not do too much hell raising. People who would talk crap about a general revolt or REALLY getting with it to form a plan just won't be there.
    Besides most would turn rat anyway. They will lay there and watch their government disappear, and pretend it won't happen.

I think... that maybe many people are victimized by their own fantasies. For example, I have actually met so called educated people who believe that the way to world peace is for the US to unilateraly disarm... That's a big laugh.
    Others believe that the absence of weapons will lead to peace. They seem to forget that even kids learn how to throw rocks.
    The naive well meaning poeple seem to think that if you can take all the instruments of violence away, that there will be no violence.
    Welcome to the human world of phantasms.
    Until we can get the evil out of the monkey, the monkey will still throw rocks. Monkey likes his evil. So the other monkeys need to defend themselves.
    On the opposite side are these folks who think that total war is coming any minute. Both of these folks are lost in clouds of self deception and I think that in many cases, it is purely wishful thinking. They certainly aren't gun haters though.

But there is another category of gunhaters. They aren't gun haters at all. They simply have an agenda. A disarmed state is a helpless and serf state.

The duty to preserve one's self ought never be denied.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Comengetit;
    You are indeed getting a grasp of the situation.As I have stated before...I stay on this site with the horrible fascination of watching a train wreck.

I have not posted on your "We Need Your Help" except for rebuttal to Dave....he raised a valid point and needed clarification...because 90% of the people over there hate my guts.
    I tend towards holding up mirrors...and most don't like it. My posting many times will almost garunnnteee that thread will die right there...

Perhaps I will go back and pull up "Nation of Cowards" by Snyder...it Explains a bunch...http://www.rkba.org/comment/cowards.html
    print it out and read it now and again..when the feeling comes on that we are surrounded by Americans.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Comengetit;
    You are indeed getting a grasp of the situation.As I have stated before...I stay on this site with the horrible fascination of watching a train wreck.

I have not posted on your "We Need Your Help" except for rebuttal to Dave....he raised a valid point and needed clarification...because 90% of the people over there hate my guts.
    I tend towards holding up mirrors...and most don't like it. My posting many times will almost garunnnteee that thread will die right there...

Perhaps I will go back and pull up "Nation of Cowards" by Snyder...it Explains a bunch...http://www.rkba.org/comment/cowards.html
    print it out and read it now and again..when the feeling comes on that we are surrounded by Americans.

You know what? I am starting to get the idea that none of these subs are anyplace to really put your own opinion out. I understand your idea of "watching the train wreck", I think.
    The essay you are talking about "Nation of Cowards" I haven't read, but I sure do have my own ideas about it. I think I will read it.
    A lot of stuff I read here rattles me. I don't know what to think of it. I don't know the truth behind many claims. Some times I think "These folks are paranoid" you can replace the last word with many words. And other times I see the rather valid points.
    I would hate to think that we are being spied upon and tabulated, and I don't even know that it is NOT happening. So I guess it is best to watch the discussions.
    Besides it seems I freak too many people out, no one has taken me to task on any issue. From what I have just mentioned above, I guess I can't blame them. hehehe I don't intend to be insulting to anyone either.
    But I am thinking that this isn't particularly a "safe place" ya know? Some of this stuff really hits home. I hate watching my home, my country changing in irrational ways that make the brave look evil and the cowards look brave. Same old category errors.
    What's "wrong" with me is that I am a philosopher with a Nietzschean bent. hehe I get really po'd. haha
    I like reading comengetit as he stirs the pot.

• Options
    edited November -1
    As the beast comes to life once again..many people that dare to 'speak out' will be killed..... History doesn't change, after all...Many people already have been killed or imprisoned.

Does that relieve us of the duty to point out tyranny ? Gun Control is TYRANNY...pure and simple.

Those enjaged in enforcing gun control laws are the iron fist of tyrants....

I don't make 'claims'...I point out the obvious. A president, for example, proclaiming himself the "Security President"..allowing a tide of barbarians to flood the borders, sweeping decent people before them...while watching sites like this...poking around libraries...demanding that banks notify the government when you move a couple thousand dollars around.

A government that wishes to only control its own citizens is a government turning towards totalitarism.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man, I hate when that happens. I wrote this whole long response and I clicked, accidentally on reset fields, it did.

I'll try again, but it's never the same the second time around. No I won't. Sorry but I'm gonna skip it.

amsptcds- Keep posting, I've read them all and find you to be quite a read. Just because you don't get a response doesn't mean your not reaching people. Sometimes the closer to someones reality you get the less likely they are to comment. It hits too close to home and then you have those who are in denial. THIS COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET and they all know it. Problem is they are weak, unable to comprehend a country where you have no rights, so they deny its plausibility. It's easier for them that way, just like sheep. They know that they are being led to slaughter, but it's easier just to follow. My mission: wake these sheeple the hell up!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    Man, I hate when that happens. I wrote this whole long response and I clicked, accidentally on reset fields, it did.

I'll try again, but it's never the same the second time around. No I won't. Sorry but I'm gonna skip it.

amsptcds- Keep posting, I've read them all and find you to be quite a read. Just because you don't get a response doesn't mean your not reaching people. Sometimes the closer to someones reality you get the less likely they are to comment. It hits too close to home and then you have those who are in denial. THIS COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET and they all know it. Problem is they are weak, unable to comprehend a country where you have no rights, so they deny its plausibility. It's easier for them that way, just like sheep. They know that they are being led to slaughter, but it's easier just to follow. My mission: wake these sheeple the hell up!

...The problem is that the sleepwalkers don't want to be disturbed. But I am willing to bet that they would jump up for the right reasons. I have posted elsewhere that I have no faith in humanity, and I stand by that, but in another sense, I have faith that the masses will act when they have finally had enough. It may be too little too late seemingly by then, but all people are somewhat creative and resourceful are they not?
    ...For over a year I have used my library on the net to look up books and journal articles on natural rights and legal positivism. I'm sure I've been looked and found harmless. Generally, I am.
    ...I just want you to know that even among the smart people, the vast majority cannot go through the logical analysis necessary to ferret out "truth". The worst of it is that sometimes the "truth" is not edifying. It can be downright scary all by itself. But sorting the details can be tortuous work by itself. And the devil is caught in the details.
    ...I am simply a little bothered that this isn't the US I grew up in and I wonder who stole it. (its not that I don't already know some and suspect more, I just want to characterize it as being highjacked.)
    ...Sheeple though they may be "labelled" as, if we keep callin them that, they will remember and the real deal will need every recruit it can get. So we ought not alienate them. They know that they are victims. They still see the good in their lives and do not wish to jeapordize what little they have. (because they are optimists) But when even that is taken, you will see a chance for a growth in nationalism which is the bane of the globalists.

• Options
    edited November -1
    So we may not call them 'sheeple'...

So then should we call them patriotic Americans ? People that have turned their backs on Rights..in this context, the Second Amendment..they willingly fill out papers to beg some bloated breaurat for the 'right' to buy a gun. They make excuses,they buy into 'if it saves one life'..they proclaim "Well, better THIS law then a total ban"...on and on and.

Antagonize THEM ???? WHENIN *ELL is somebody going to worry about antagonizing ME .....somebody DEFENDING the Second Amendment ?
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just read "A Nation of Cowards".....an excellent article

animated_usa_flag.gifanimated_rebel_flag.gif

Molon Labe
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can't get gun owners to Join the NRA, SAF or call their legislators, how can you expect them to do real battle to protect their own rights when the jack booted, bucket helmeted thugs come for their guns?

The goats and sheep will just follow each other to the slaughter house. That's why it takes decades of abuse before citizens will rise against opression. Sometimes millions needlessly die before someone gets the balls to fight back.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    So we may not call them 'sheeple'...

So then should we call them patriotic Americans ? People that have turned their backs on Rights..in this context, the Second Amendment..they willingly fill out papers to beg some bloated breaurat for the 'right' to buy a gun. They make excuses,they buy into 'if it saves one life'..they proclaim "Well, better THIS law then a total ban"...on and on and.

...I don't think they exactly have turned their backs on the Bill of Rights. I think that most of them do not even know what they really are. (Just like when Leno does "J Walking"... half those people don't know crap about anything.)
    ...But ya, you may be right about the "better this than nothing" idea. You and I understnd that they give implicit or implied consent. They believe that following the law is the right thing to do. It doesn't make them "bad", if they act ignorantly. It does, by default, make them dangerous from a certain point of view. But to label them "bad" we, rationally have to see some intent in the action.
    ...Whether you or I or Comengetit, get po'd at it doesn't help matters. Currently I have no unregistereds, other than BPG's myself. I did. It got stolen. Yes I DID report it and I think it ended up as a leo's toy. I am positive of it.
    ...In another area here somewhere, someone asks what you would do if they came collecting. My answer, which I did not put in there, I think you could guess fairly easily.
    ...They may not actually be patriot americans, the ones you mention above, but I am sure that they think they are. One can equivocate the word, you know. If you cause an amphiboly, then "patriot" becomes "one who complies with the law" instead of "one who stands up for the Bill of Rights" or "one who fights for the security of his country". It is an easy mistake to make for some. It requires a certain type of propaganda to get "into" one's head one way or another.
    ...In other words, just because they "believe" they are doing the "right thing" doesn't make it so. There has to be some substantiating evidence. And we can't "prove" them wrong by simply calling them "sheeple". We ought to empathize that they are weak willed and misguided. So the solution is? Propagandize them in the other direction.
    ...Screaming and hollering "Nazi" this and "Sheeple" that sure isn't going to help. We ought to be po'd at the successful propaganda campaign that convinced them rather than the ignorant susceptibles themselves.
    ...I don't have the assets myself, but full page pro gun ads in every major newspaper in America would help for a starter. I don't know of any other way to get the nationl debate restarted. That McClaughlin Group, that Chris Mathews, that little gay guy that worked for Clinton that has his own show... ought to talk about it in public and show themselves for the anti american, anti rights people that they are. Let THEM tell us how the Constitution, the MOST successful document in the world is antiquated, out of date, and not pertinent to the modern society of fools who seem to think that monkeysapiens has or will evolve into something he will never be capable of being.
    ...Once they do that, (convince the world of their fantasies about "man"), I will give you my permission to shoot them all, for what that's worth... hehehe
    ...Would that work?

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HighVolumeOfFire
    Just read "A Nation of Cowards".....an excellent article

animated_usa_flag.gifanimated_rebel_flag.gif

Molon Labe

I agree.

elthe deuron kai lambete outou
    come here and (you[plural])take these

molon labe
    (you[singular])with difficulty handle (as in hilt)
    (dirivative of molis)

• Options
    edited November -1
    actually, I think that the 11th amendment should be used to strengthen the 2nd.

• Options
    edited November -1
    We may continue to refer to the masses of followers as sheeple for they know not of whom we speak. You must remember, in order for someone to feel threatened, offended, or put down they must first acknowledge that it is indeed they to whom you refer. The sheeple know not who they are for they are the majority and a majority can never see itself in the wrong. So you see, we can call them whatever we wish, but no matter what the words, we will not be in reference to any one individual thus creating an anomoly. As such, there will never be a certainty of knowledge only a miniscule percentage will hear the words as a reference to oneself and accept them as truth.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Alienate the sheeple? Not possible, by definition, they are the ones that will "willingly" be led to slaughter. There are a "few" out there who are doing nothing right now, that will stand up when the time comes. Most of these people, don't even know that they will, at this time. But for most of them, the sheeple will always just hope and pray that things will get better, NO MATTER how BAD things get.

How many Jews HELPED lead their fellow men, women, and children to slaughter, hoping that their own lives would be spared, only to join the ranks of the dead at some point. How many fought back? After how many million died?

The sheeple see what is happening. They hear it on the news, read the headlines in the newspapers, have friends that are discussing the issues. They CHOOSE to IGNORE what is happening around them, and CHOOSE to DO NOTHING about it. No, I hold out NO hope for most, I will continue to "label" them sheeple, with no worries of alienation.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Alienate the sheeple? Not possible, by definition, they are the ones that will "willingly" be led to slaughter. There are a "few" out there who are doing nothing right now, that will stand up when the time comes. Most of these people, don't even know that they will, at this time. But for most of them, the sheeple will always just hope and pray that things will get better, NO MATTER how BAD things get.

How many Jews HELPED lead their fellow men, women, and children to slaughter, hoping that their own lives would be spared, only to join the ranks of the dead at some point. How many fought back? After how many million died?

The sheeple see what is happening. They hear it on the news, read the headlines in the newspapers, have friends that are discussing the issues. They CHOOSE to IGNORE what is happening around them, and CHOOSE to DO NOTHING about it. No, I hold out NO hope for most, I will continue to "label" them sheeple, with no worries of alienation.

I guess that's the result of believing in a "god", isn't it? This clinging onto "false hope" about imaginary heroes?
    but isn't that the scope and hope of religion? to make one believe absurd things. In the one case it makes "pacifists" out of one group and "murderers" out of another. All this in the hope of participation in a world that supposedly exists... later.

I have tried to explain that these people live phantasmic lives. You guys are missing the point that their point of view must be propagandized to be changed.

If you continue to lay there, all smug about calling them sheeple, and refuse to do anything to change their opinions, then the same criticism that you lay on them belongs to you, so then the criticism of the sheeple becomes a moot and useless point.

The source of all the action takes place within the human mind. change the minds to change the actions. Any government knows this. any corporation knows this.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. (even toward yourself)

• Options
    edited November -1
    So now you say it's MY fault they CHOOSE to be sheeple. Good one.

I don't have the billions of dollars it would take to run a "brainwashing" campaign as you propose, DO YOU? The government DOES, and HAS, and IS.

I have converted quite a few over to my side, and continually work on others, but for the MAJORITY, there is no hope. I'll just keep working on the ones I am able to. Some will convert, some will not.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    So now you say it's MY fault they CHOOSE to be sheeple. Good one.

I don't have the billions of dollars it would take to run a "brainwashing" campaign as you propose, DO YOU? The government DOES, and HAS, and IS.

I have converted quite a few over to my side, and continually work on others, but for the MAJORITY, there is no hope. I'll just keep working on the ones I am able to. Some will convert, some will not.

hehehe... I didn't say anything of the kind. It isn't your fault. It is theirs because they fall for the boogieman scare tactics without searching deeper.
    No I don't have the money either. But my simply suggesting a method doesn't necessitate that you personally take on the responsibility.
    Yer makin me grin, man.
    If you told that the vast majority of people just plain don't think right or maybe not at all I would be in agreement with that.

But ALL they can think about is the mental information that they possess. To think things inconsistent with the anti gun people's propaganda, they have to get more information that is contrary to it.
    But I'm not saying anything that you don't already know.

Maybe what I am saying is that there AREN'T any people out there with the proper contacts and the proper money to publish something like a one page pro gun thingee in all the major papers.

Maybe we fool ourselves thinking that there is anyone out there who cares enough other than us limited funds people. I don't know. But it is ALL brainwashing one way or the other isn't it?

The histrionic media isn't going to help without the incentive of money, that's a fact. Their morals are up for sale like an ugly hooker on the corner. If they thought that public opinion was "x", they would change all their rhetoric to match it. Maybe they aren't Sheeple, maybe they are mere Guppies. You know.. slap the tank and they all go swimming together...

Its a real stunt to watch how the public opinion gets changed by the media and vice versa. My opinion of that is that neither is important because it (the dynamic itself) reflects no objective values.

Or if I am wrong, and you are right, we need to kill off all the sheeple too, since they aren't worth anything by your assertion. But ya know we can't do that, cuz after the battle and our "certain victory" we are still gonna need those mindless little slave types to do our menial labor...

• Options
    edited November -1
    [quote Some will convert, some will not.

[/quote]

I would say that the ones that do, see things a little more clearly and are more reasonable than the others.

But how else can we do it but one person at a time for people like us who cannot generate some giant propaganda ploy?

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Defender
    There will always be a percentage of the population who would rather be killed before they stand up and fight for their own lives or the lives of their children. They are the goats and sheep of our society. They want to force everyone into their cowardly way of life. They are the reason the Holocaust could happen in our world. They make it possible for leaders like Adolph Hitler, Josef Stalin and Pol Pot to commit atrocities against the human race.

Defender

Its even written into the plots of horror movies. Have ya noticed how people just lay there and let Jason kill them for the most part?
    I never did get that.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Comforting yourself by accusing Demorats of all the evil in the world is merely burying your head in the oil sands of nonsense.

Republicans have brought you gun control...bunches of it. Your Republican buddies support gun control.... ASK THEM if they support repealing ALL gun control...and see how quickly they start sounding like Fiendstein/Shumer.

Let me tell you the facts...the Elite that run BOTH PARTIES are working tirelessly to destroy freedom...and the brain-dead party groupies mindlessly parrot whatever crap is spewed forth from their misleaders.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Listen to Highball... the man is right. If G.W. cared about your rights then you wouldn't be hearing the name Harriet Miers in the news.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    Listen to Highball... the man is right. If G.W. cared about your rights then you wouldn't be hearing the name Harriet Miers in the news.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOEUN EABE

yeah I think you're right. It isn't a partisan issue. Its more like a concerted effort.

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."

• Options
    edited November -1
    Who says we can't put on a massive campaign to sway the forces of evil and get some of these deadheads to realize they're losing it all and they are too blinded by false promises to see the train at the end of the tunnel? It would not be as difficult as some may think to put together such a media blitz but you must first be ever so careful as to how your campaign is to be perceived by the masses. Throw in a high budget movie or two that carry with it a message of losing your freedoms through gun control and you may just have a concept that works. I think you guys are on the right track here now just fine tune it.

This whole idea of getting like minds together is for exactly this reason. Out of conversation and debate comes ideas and solutions. Keep the banter going and debate it to no end. You can't ever go wrong by discussing it, just don't beat the already fossilized horse to death. We know the problem, what shall we do about it? That is really what is at the heart of the matter, is it not?

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    Who says we can't put on a massive campaign to sway the forces of evil and get some of these deadheads to realize they're losing it all and they are too blinded by false promises to see the train at the end of the tunnel? It would not be as difficult as some may think to put together such a media blitz but you must first be ever so careful as to how your campaign is to be perceived by the masses. Throw in a high budget movie or two that carry with it a message of losing your freedoms through gun control and you may just have a concept that works. I think you guys are on the right track here now just fine tune it.

This whole idea of getting like minds together is for exactly this reason. Out of conversation and debate comes ideas and solutions. Keep the banter going and debate it to no end. You can't ever go wrong by discussing it, just don't beat the already fossilized horse to death. We know the problem, what shall we do about it? That is really what is at the heart of the matter, is it not?

You know... that's not a bad idea. The idea that throwing money toward someone that is an already semi successful writer to develop a good screenplay about the issue.. is a good one.
    THAT tool... movie and television... is one of the best ways to imprint ideas into the public's mind. If thought provoking, it might even help some gun opponents amend their views.
    There has got to be a way to illustrate successfully how tyranny creeps in a little at a time. NO one notices. I am willing to bet that even those who promulgate the laws and directives are unaware of the consequences of giving in and creating rules based on false and irrational fears.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Mel Gibson would be the person for the job, movie wise. Go get 'Patriot' and watch it. That movie drove the anti-gunners wild...and all the effete movie critics also.

Actually showed 10 year old boys killing Brits....Something that actually happened, when we were a country of men. One did what one had to....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, well, all that aside how do you guys feel about coing up with a campaign to combat the blitz being thrown at us? We can do it, it's just a matter of what the goal is and designing a way to get there. As far as a movie goes, we'd want to do some deep investigating into the powers that be over in Hollywood and set forth a strategy. Piece a cake boyz, just gotta' get to it. Let's hear some idaes.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about combining the media campaign with legislative action? I remember when Topgun and The Hunt For Red October came out in theaters they had Navy recruiters in the lobby to sign people up.

What if we started state and local referendums to repeal existing gun laws, or institute "shall-issue" CCW legislation in states that don't have it. Then we use the attendees of the media events to gain the required signatures to push the legislation.

I can just see it now, when Joe Sheeple walks out of the movie thinking, "Gee, that really hit home, but what can I do as an individual to change things?" WHAM!!! Our folks are standing right there with a pen for him to sign a petition, or a pre-written letter to his city council/representative/governor.

Just a thought.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

• Options
    edited November -1
    WW- I'm smellin' what your steppin' in... I like it, I think that is an excellent idea. Do we have a second and third on the motion? How about some ideas?

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I second that.

once the initial attention is gained, I will gladly do "letters to the Editor" for the LA Times and etc.

You can count onthat but the atsge has to be set first. To write such articles this week or next would amount to nothing.