In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Florida Sun-Sentinel anti-gun poll

Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
This is an anti-gun poll showing up in the Forida Sun-Sentinel. Go vote and blow their attempt at trying to make Florida's proposed legislation look bad. Right now its running about 2 to 1 in our (2nd Amendmen supporters) favor which I'm sure is not what they were hoping for.

Here's the poll question:

Republican lawmakers are proposing a bill that would give Floridians the right to keep guns locked in their vehicles while they're at work -- a practice now banned by many companies. Your opinion?

http://www.nranews.org/UM/T.asp?A2.24.1899.1.5187519

Comments

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make that 3-1! Wahoo, another one bites the dust. If, of couse, it holds true.

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    6 to 1 now. You know, of course, that if they don't get the results they want, they will NOT let the results get out. Or they will start another one, and another one, and so on, till they hide one good enough to get the results they want.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Republican lawmakers are proposing a bill that would give Floridians the right to keep guns locked in their vehicles while they're at work -- a practice now banned by many companies. Your opinion?

86.4%
    I'm in favor it it. Companies should not be allowed to limit workers' constitutional right to bear arms. (17490 responses)

13.6%
    I'm opposed to it. Allowing people to have guns at work is dangerous. (2750 responses)20240 total responses

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fourth Horseman
    This is an anti-gun poll showing up in the Forida Sun-Sentinel. Go vote and blow their attempt at trying to make Florida's proposed legislation look bad. Right now its running about 2 to 1 in our (2nd Amendmen supporters) favor which I'm sure is not what they were hoping for.

Here's the poll question:

http://www.nranews.org/UM/T.asp?A2.24.1899.1.5187519

This is exactly what corporations are about. Making their own rules that are anti constitutional. They spit in the face of the country that allows them shelter.

The duty to preserve one's self ought never be denied.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you see in GD, where they RESET the poll?

Told ya so........[:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    WHAT? Care to elaborate on that pickenup, I missed it.
    I still show 97.9% in favor and 2.1% against. Was there another one in GD?

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Comengetit,
    Sure, look at the dates and times.

Mon. 10/03/2005 : 07:26:36 PM, 11688 total responses.
    Tues. 10/04/2005 : 01:24:26 AM, 20240 total responses
    Tues. 10/04/2005 : 07:16:34 AM,1050 total responses
    Tues. 10/04/2005 : 09:39:25 AM, 5903 total responses

They are famous for doing this when the poll does NOT go the way they want it to.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Where are you finding this info?

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comengetit, it shows the total votes on the survey. I noticed the same thing, pickenup. When I voted at home on Monday night there were almost 15,000 total votes. When I voted at work on Tuesday morning there was only about 2000.

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm getting this info from posts on a few different forums. The 20,240 came from a post a little bit up on this thread, by 65gto389.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Republican lawmakers are proposing a bill that would give Floridians the right to keep guns locked in their vehicles while they're at work -- a practice now banned by many companies. Your opinion?

97.9%
    I'm in favor it it. Companies should not be allowed to limit workers' constitutional right to bear arms. (25907 responses)

2.1%
    I'm opposed to it. Allowing people to have guns at work is dangerous. (563 responses)

26470 total responses

This is what I get and it has been continuously increasing. This is from the original posters link.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:This is exactly what corporations are about. Making their own rules that are anti constitutional. They spit in the face of the country that allows them shelter.

Yeah, believe me, I know this even better than most.

I was called into the office recently with a complaint against me concerning sexual harassment. I did not do anything to anyone. I still don't know what I was accused of doing, because they threw up a privacy border, but what I do know is that there were two of them, possibly three, all singing to the same song, lying out their butts about what I've done, and the questioning was more like a witchhunt interrogation, hoping to get an admission out of me, to which they didn't, so what did they do, asked me the same questions in a different order, hoping to get a confession out of me, and then started to do it a third time. It was an hour of hell. A catch 22.

I cannot prove or disprove a thing, I had no opportunity to confront my accusers, I was given no indication of what my crime was, and I was not given the benefit of the doubt, simply because I cannot call anyone to my defense to say I didn't do an action I am not even sure of.

All of you on this board would be wise to quit on the spot, and not even subject yourself to this type of gestapo interrogation, and as zero-tolerance sweeps across the nation, more of us men will be in serious jeopardy of having our lives f$%^ed up by vindictive b@#$%es, and what's worse, the one I have in question is trailer trash, and her on-the-side lover (she's married), and possibly her equally disgusting friend, all singing the same tiresome refrain, which has most of the plant in disbelief, because they seem to know I would never do this, and that is that.

Be on your guard....

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. It's the new weapon of choice for many women out there. They want to climb the corporate ladder so they have learned that first, if they call sexual harassment the brass is very wary of letting them go or choosing males to promote because they could possibly turn the "SH" gun on them. Secondly, competition elimination if you are seen as a threat and you are a male, look out. There is a bulls-eye on your back and they (women) are now armed with the ultimate weapon. Perhaps someone needs to have a visit from some of your 'special' friends. That should wake her up to REALITY! They have to learn, if you gonna' run wit da' big dogz...it's an undeclared war and I suggest we win it.