In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

American Hiroshima?

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Yup.

Open borders will help the barbarians...almost make a fellow believe those in power WANT it to happen.

Were it to happen..bet your * that those in power will INSTANTLY declare martial law...and DEMAND instant obedience to ANYTHING they order....these people that will have contributed to such a savage strike.
    Think about that..as you obey their edicts....hmmm ??
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all, Good evening Flat8. Whhell, I just finished reading both and I have to say...............That was terrifying. Our guys have had 4 years to find these nukes and bin Laden, yet they are empty. Military Intelligence-Oxymoron! It's not as comforting to be an American right now is it? Clinton, may a nuke end up in your back yard. You stupid f***, you had several opportunities and you pascified them all. Now we have weapons of a nuclear scale on our soil. HEAD FOR THE HILLS, RUN, RUN, RUN AWAY!!! Ooooorrr, be alert be armed and take control. I choose that one![8D][8D][8D]

"90% of the game is mental, the other 50% is physical"- Yogi Berra, New York Yankees
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    flat8, yup.

quote:Originally posted by Highball
    almost make a fellow believe those in power WANT it to happen.

Makes a fella wonder, doesn't it?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't remember where I posted this question so I'll put it here again. Has anyone ever heard anything about the pilots from the planes that hit WTC and Pentagon? What I mean is, did they ever talk to a single family member or say anything of real substance about any one of them? I sure don't remember it. Read between the lines here. Hello, Patriot Act. Tell me Bushy looked surprised when they told him at that school. You know, the Patriot Act is one hell of a thick detailed set of laws, rules, and regulations or lack there of. It sure was ready in a hurry. When was the last time government ever did anything that swiftly? Don't get me wrong if I had to be a presidential fan, I'd be a fan of Bushy's. But something in Denmark is a rotten' away and it smells real bad.

When presented this hypothesis I have, in the past, laughed in the faces of those presenting it. Today, I shall apologize to those folks for not opening my eyes to the possibilities, at the very least......the possibilities...

"90% of the game is mental, the other 50% is physical"- Yogi Berra, New York Yankees
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not quite sure what you are asking about, when it comes to the UN-patriot act. Kind of sounds like 2 questions.

As for the pilots, I have not heard of any interviews of the pilot's families.

If you are asking how the UN-patriot act was passed so fast. It is because most DID NOT get to read it. They passed it "sight unseen"

Ron Paul was one of the VERY FEW that did NOT vote for the UN-patriot act. Why, you might ask. Because he practically demanded a copy of it, so that HE COULD READ IT, he could NOT get a copy of it.

It was passed "bully" style. If you don't vote for it (sight unseen) then you were labeled as being UN-patriotic. Being right after 9-11, NO ONE wanted to carry that label around....well almost no one.

Now lets talk about how such a detailed bill was "ready" to be voted on so quickly following 9-11. It is "rumored [;)]" that the government had prepared this BS bill ahead of time, and was just waiting? for "something" to happen so they could push it through. A little TOO convenient, some say.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Read my post again and apply your thinking to it.....see what I'm gettin' at?

• Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read you loud and clear comengetit.

I've been following this story for awile - and have been trying to devise an exit plan if such an event came to pass. Fact is, I work in Manhattan's financial district, and my apartment looks right across the river at the Big Apple. I've got a place 200 miles or so NW of here, but the question is how to get there - as I don't expect I'll be able to hop in my car and drive on up the Thruway.

Off to work -

JPFO Life Member
    www.jpfo.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Flat8,
    I think you can drive there. You have an advantage, you expect it to happen so when it does it won't take you an hour to re-orient yourself. You'll be out the door and on your way all packed and good to go while the others stand around in disbelief saying "How could this happen?" You'll have been gone for around an hour or so before the sheeple get around to evacuating, those that can anyway. Have a backup route just in case. Do you have an SUV? Get one. Get a couple three, four of those military gas cans also. You'll be glad you have them (full, of course).

I better simmer down naow, don't want to be accused of being paranoid. Although I am.

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    Flat8,
    I think you can drive there. You have an advantage, you expect it to happen so when it does it won't take you an hour to re-orient yourself. You'll be out the door and on your way all packed and good to go while the others stand around in disbelief saying "How could this happen?" You'll have been gone for around an hour or so before the sheeple get around to evacuating, those that can anyway. Have a backup route just in case. Do you have an SUV? Get one. Get a couple three, four of those military gas cans also. You'll be glad you have them (full, of course).

I better simmer down naow, don't want to be accused of being paranoid. Although I am.

There are two kinds of people in this World.....Those that lead....And those that get the hell out of the way....GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?

According to the last census, the Greater New York Metro Area is home to nearly 22 million souls. In the event of a major disaster, it will not be possible to "get ahead" of that traffic. Heck, the daily rush-hour is stop and go AT BEST. That being said, I've got three possible transportation scenarios that I have considered - four if you include me just hoofing it out. How I do it will be a decision I make on the fly. If I'm uninjured I will be ready to move, and fast.

As for you being paranoid, I'd have to agree that you are indeed a bit "touched" - but I like it![:D] My own feelings are to be prepared for the worst. If you're ready, don't dwell on it - and hopefully you can laugh about it in the future. Yet this one has me nervous. I was downtown at work during 911. I lost a few friends. So the unbelievable doesn't seem so unbelievable to me anymore. I've listened to Paul Williams speak, and he seems to be very sure of himself. I pray to God he is wrong . . . . and that I, like you, are a bit paranoid.

JPFO Life Member
    www.jpfo.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Flat8- very well said, I'm just trying to add a little excitement in this room. It was getting a little drab, don't you think. You gotta' check out my other "Armagedon" post. Man did I go off the edge. Whew!
    I love it[:D]
    A little bit of me being called a psycho, nut case, schizzo, or mental case and we're back to the gun rights talk. See what I'm sayin'?

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    When the time comes that one understands that those in power are mad...caring only for their own personal welfare and power..that government lies rather then tell the truth..then at that juncture knowing which is lie and what small part is truth becomes nearly impossible to separate.

9/11 ? We were told only part of the truth. What they lied about is perhaps beyond the capacity of some one sane to understand...the drive for power twisting minds beyond the ability to comprehend.
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I am sure that another attack will be attempted in this country at some point, there are some inconsistencies in the accounts I have read about the American Hiroshima. As the articles I have read state, nuclear weapons require consistent, on-going maintenance, give off alot of heat and neutron radiation and have a limited shelf life. If Soviet era bombs are buried, who is maintaining them so that they do not become unuseable? Per Paul Williams' comments:

"At any given time, a tactical nuke exudes a temperature in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This means that they are prone to oxidation and rust. Moreover, the triggers that emit large quantities of neutrons at high speeds decay rapidly and have short half-lives - most would become useless without maintenance in less than four months. The nuclear cores also are subject to decay and over the course of several years would fall below the critical mass threshold. Though the shells that encase the cores are the most durable parts of the weapons, they, too, are subject to contamination. The tritium used to compensate for the required amount of conventional explosives to compress the fissile core within the compact devices is less of an issue since it has a half-life of 12.3 years. Taking all things into consideration, the attack should occur within the very near future. The bombs which bin Laden began building in 1992 are for the American Hiroshima."

I firmly believe that we must be vigilant and prepared with supplies, weapons etc. But I also firmly believe that it is more likely that we will obsess, worry stock pile, write on message boards, buy more ammo and guns and then...we will get hit by a bus on our way to work. Live each day as if it were your last and don't spend so much time preaching to the choir (Comengetit ;-)

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot
    While I am sure that another attack will be attempted in this country at some point, there are some inconsistencies in the accounts I have read about the American Hiroshima. As the articles I have read state, nuclear weapons require consistent, on-going maintenance, give off alot of heat and neutron radiation and have a limited shelf life. If Soviet era bombs are buried, who is maintaining them so that they do not become unuseable? Per Paul Williams' comments:

"At any given time, a tactical nuke exudes a temperature in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This means that they are prone to oxidation and rust. Moreover, the triggers that emit large quantities of neutrons at high speeds decay rapidly and have short half-lives - most would become useless without maintenance in less than four months. The nuclear cores also are subject to decay and over the course of several years would fall below the critical mass threshold. Though the shells that encase the cores are the most durable parts of the weapons, they, too, are subject to contamination. The tritium used to compensate for the required amount of conventional explosives to compress the fissile core within the compact devices is less of an issue since it has a half-life of 12.3 years. Taking all things into consideration, the attack should occur within the very near future. The bombs which bin Laden began building in 1992 are for the American Hiroshima."

I firmly believe that we must be vigilant and prepared with supplies, weapons etc. But I also firmly believe that it is more likely that we will obsess, worry stock pile, write on message boards, buy more ammo and guns and then...we will get hit by a bus on our way to work. Live each day as if it were your last and don't spend so much time preaching to the choir (Comengetit ;-)

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Matchshot - Agreed. That is why I can sleep at night with the Empire State Building glimmering outside my window. Nukes ARE very tough to maintain - although tactical nukes (mines, etc) are a bit easier. Like I said, I pray Williams is wrong, but I won't be blinded by fear of the unthinkable.

Highball - Our politicians are truly insane - AND they have a dangerously symbiotic relationship with the Islamic terrorists - and that is what frightens me the most.

JPFO Life Member
    www.jpfo.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I may (may not) know where you were going with this.

Lets step back in time just a bit.
    Lets talk about the Timothy McVeigh story. There was quite a bit of talk of more gun control after his truck went off. Funny that, since he didn't use a gun. (of course there were no guns involved in the twin towers incident either)

There was also a rumor of a third person involved. Could that third person have been the one, that pushed just the right buttons within Timothy, to get him to do what he did? The conspiracy theorists say it could have been a government employee. You do know that no third person was never caught, if indeed he did exist. [;)]

Conspiracy theorists abound. Although what Timothy did caused quite a stir, theorists say "they" needed a little more bang for the buck next go round, which they got with the twin towers. Got the UN-patriot act passed out of that one. They ask what's next, a nuke, quickly followed by martial law?

Am I close?

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

Lets talk about the Timothy McVeigh story. There was quite a bit of talk of more gun control after his truck went off. Funny that, since he didn't use a gun. (of course there were no guns involved in the twin towers incident either)

There was also a rumor of a third person involved. Could that third person have been the one, that pushed just the right buttons within Timothy, to get him to do what he did? The conspiracy theorists say it could have been a government employee. You do know that no third person was never caught, if indeed he did exist. [;)]

Conspiracy theorists abound. Although what Timothy did caused quite a stir, theorists say "they" needed a little more bang for the buck next go round, which they got with the twin towers. Got the UN-patriot act passed out of that one. They ask what's next, a nuke, quickly followed by martial law?

Am I close?

The question is - WHO gains by these events? Who is the real winner? How many more Patriot Acts are on the table . . . . waiting?

JPFO Life Member
    www.jpfo.org
  • Options
    amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1

Am I close?

Ya know, I thought it was McVey's buds that pulled off 911. (at first) Arabs never even occurred to me.

The duty to preserve one's self ought never be denied.
  • Options
    joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well if a nuke did go off martial law would be declared. The borders would THEN be SHUT DOWN. Nothing coming, nothing going out. Then i ask u how many people will say build a wall between Mexico and USA or even Canada. Its funny they don't do this now because there worried about Votes, Not us, to me the politians that don't push for better BOARDER CONTROL are UNAMERICAN and should be shot for Conspiracy.

YOU BEEN NUNNED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    edited November -1

Am I close?

I would say you're more than close, but you are still missing the major point in my post. I ask you this: If a nuke did go off in, say, Los Angeles, how would we have any clue who really did it? There would be no trace of the weapon and the perpetrator would be long gone when time hit zero. So, how do we know that what we have been told about WTC is indeed the truth? Why did GWB stay in that classroom and where was his sense of surprise? Were the passengers on the flight that crashed in pennsylvania pawns in a spectacular plot? If so, who's plot? Are you smellin' what I'm steppin' in here?

If the Senate was unable to proof read the Patriot Act wouldn't it be considered null and void due to irresponsible voting practices? At the very least one would think it would need to be put to a revote and follow all the normal steps a Bill takes to become law. All of these "Acts" are driving me bananas, Oh God, make it stop!

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    didn't the idiots in Washington just vote recently on the Patriot Act? I know I heard it was up for renewal recently. They all had time to look it over this time so now we can't have it voided for not being able to read it. Too bad.

As for the McVeigh thing, no panel van full of diesal and fertilizer would do remotely the damage that they give him credit for. If anyone was watching CNN during that time you might have seen the part where they were interviewing a "first responder" who said there was plastic residue all over the supports.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're snitting me, did I miss that really? WOW! Where the hell was I on that one? So then you're telling me that they voted to renew the Patriot Act? Where can I find the results of that Senate vote? I have a good idea where but if anyone knows for sure...

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Keep in mind that in the original UN-patriot act, there were 1016 sections. In the "revised" version voted on recently, there were 16 sections, with two of those being very controversial.

Even by cutting it from 1016 sections down to 16 (or 14) there were 171 voting AGAINST the renewal. Not quite the numbers recorded with the original back in 2001, is it?

Some cities / states have passed laws PROTECTING their constituents FROM the UN-patriot act. At least some people are waking up.

Here is a site that says a little bit about it.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/07/22/MNG0VDS1SH1.DTL

P.S. Didn't miss the point, just won't play the game.....anymore.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:P.S. Didn't miss the point, just won't play the game.....anymore.

I hear yah, but unfortunately we have to continue for this may turn out to be a war of attrition.

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    99.7% vs. 0.3%... not much attrition there.[;)]

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WW- That's beginning to smell like cynicism, I thought we were moving past the negative and concentrating on the task at hand. Hang in there big guy, we're going to win this no matter how long it takes. If we haven't by the time I die, I'll have someone to take my place, so should you. Government is a big churning machine made up of positions, not people. Those who fill the positions are subservient to that position. They no not what they do, only that they must do it. Because the machine is forever changing her oil, if you will, she has an indefinite life span. The TV show "Survivor" has a catch phrase associated with it, "Out play, Out wit, Out last," by default the big machine wins the latter, unless...unless we can prove more adept at the first two in which case the latter falls. 'Attrition' plain and simple.