In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I deserve to have my guns confiscated!!

flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
I'm pretty good about cleaning each of my guns after each use. However, I must admitt that I'm much more diligent with my high dollar items than I am with the less expensive firearms - despite the fact the cheapies get much more use. Anyhows, I put my Marlin .22LR 25N in the back of the closet last week while it was slightly wet and dirty. Forgot all about it. This week I pulled it out to find some very slight pitting on the barrel! Damn! I know better than that! It really bothers me when I don't maintain my property correctly. That goes for guns, cars, etc. [V][B)][:(!]

JPFO Life Member
www.jpfo.org

Comments

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smack yourself around a little bit and don't let it happen again. [:D]

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad to say, but I think we have all been there. Dragging in late from the field--your woman is giving you the "look" (supposed to be getting ready for dinner one hour ago). "Ill just clean these first thing tomorrow."

And next week--when you want to go shooting again--a very dirty weapon.

Good luck and learn from your mistakes---take your signifant other with you shooting next time[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    Smack yourself around a little bit and don't let it happen again. [:D]

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?

I figured I'd call Feinstein, Hillary, Chuck, or Teddy to come and pick them up instead. [:D]

JPFO Life Member
    www.jpfo.org
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll save you the phone call. Send me a list, with makes and models, and I will do you a favor and pick-em-up myself.

Went and shot some skeet one time, cleaned up the Citori when I got home, put it in a hard case and placed it on a stand under a window. Next time I went to get it out, the barrel had rust on it, and condensation had gotten under the finish on the stock. I was sick about it.

Still shoots good, but doesn't look the same. The constant change in temperature, being under a window, is the only thing I can think of that may have caused it.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going to get a new gun safe, my wife says "that's too big for the backroom, lets put it out in the garage." We will put the dryer out in the garage before the gun safe goes out there. I left a nice old
    Remington .410 pump in the case in the attic (forgot about it) and it got rust on the barrel. Still shoots okay, but a shame for a nice old gun to look like that...

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matchshot:

Looks like you have a dilemma, there. My wife would never allow the guns to be anywhere not in the house.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that she's afraid that with a larger safe instead for the smaller double lock steel cabinet I have now I will go out and buy more guns. She's right.

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey flat8... GO STAINLESS!

[:D]

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer