In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Coast to Coast Radio

amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
On Coast to Coast right now,
they are talking about the bird flu being a smoke screen for the "coming military take over and confiscation of all the guns".
The coming police state.

don't know what to say...

plus they are talking about the idea that oildoes not come from dinos. It is created by interaction between the mantle and the crust and is self replenishing. (so they say) hehehe

www.coasttocoastam.com

try this link to KFI in LA: http://www.kfiam640.com/interactive/streaming.html

The duty to preserve one's self ought never be denied.

Comments

• MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get out the tin foil hats, the black helicopters are coming and are beaming radio waves at us!!! They are going to activate the chips in our heads and turn us all into zombies, do you hear the voices?

Seriously now, 235,000,000 guns in circulation, 80,000,000 gun owners, that's going to take a lot of bird flu "jack booted thugs" to overcome.

I am far more worried about legislation eroding our rights around the margins. They will eliminate the guns by slowly making them harder to own....

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by amsptcds
    they are talking about the bird flu being a smoke screen for the "coming military take over and confiscation of all the guns".
    The coming police state.

FOXNEWS poll tonight showed that 65% of American's support giving the President the power to use the military to enforce a quarantine in the event of a flu pandemic.

Interesting - last year pubic was fed vaccine shortages that never materialized - this season it is a super-flu.
  • amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flat8
    quote:Originally posted by amsptcds
    The coming police state.

FOXNEWS poll tonight showed that 65% of American's support giving the President the power to use the military to enforce a quarantine in the event of a flu pandemic.

Interesting - last year pubic was fed vaccine shortages that never materialized - this season it is a super-flu.

That's a little disconcerting yet understandable. I would like the epidemic areas kept to themselves until its over too. I just don't want it to be my area that gets quarantined.
    edited November -1
    http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/charleskrauthammer/2005/10/14/171278.html

This is scary. My grandfather recalled recruits in Camp Devens getting the flu one day and being dead the next. Virulent and lethal.
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the heck kind of stupid * do we have working on this stuff. So, let me see if I understand this correctly. Some American researchers in the science community spent millions of taxpayer dollars through grants to recreate an incidious disease that was believed to be erradicated from the planet and was the deadliest pandemic the world has ever seen. Got that part. All the while, our enemies are plotting to use Anthrax, Smallpox, Hemorhagic Fever (Ebola & Marburg), Tularemia, Botulism, Plague (Black Death), E-Coli O157:H7, Rabies, Glanders, Typhus, Q fever, Viral Encephalitis, Brucellosis, Melsosdosis, and many kinds of Chemical weapons such as VX, Sarin, Ricin...against us, we are bringing back enemies of old. What in Gods name for and who approves this snit. Now we can add Spanish or "Bird Flu" to that list as they have published their scientific findings for anyone to see. That's damned irresponsible if you ask me.

Why weren't they spending their time and our money on the problems at hand instead of brining back old ones? We need vaccines, flu shots, and preventative medicine, not a disease that had been, to the best of our knowledge, erradicated. I don't care if this does turn out to be "Bird Flu" and from it comes a vaccine. The premise is all wrong. Why were they working on this to begin with? Somebody knew. Somebody was tipped that it would be "Bird Flu" that was used against us. Well if that's true, why would you tell the world about it before you have a vaccine? I'm dumbfounded by some of the idiotic things this government will and won't allow.

If we should get hit with "Bird Flu", unless we have a vaccine and pronto about 65% of those who contract the disease will die. So what do we do? We make sure it's something they can use by giving it to them. Stupid, dumbbang, sons a' bittles can't get anything right. With this in mind, your guns are safe. What a cluster bang our government is. And don't go blaming Bush either. I doubt he was even told. It's the individual agencies that are corrupt and need to be reorganized, starting with you know who, BATFE! It pisses me off how we can be so smart one second and then turn into complete morons the next. I give up.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot
    http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/charleskrauthammer/2005/10/14/171278.html

This is scary. My grandfather recalled recruits in Camp Devens getting the flu one day and being dead the next. Virulent and lethal.

Myself and other people had to take the swine flu shot at camlej before it was approved.

edited November -1
    can't listen to too much of that coast to coast...
    make ya nuts

edited November -1
    Always a grain of truth and then they run with it. There are conspiracies, that is for sure...But everything? I bet if you went back and reviewed the things they have brought out as plots, plans and disasters you would find relatively few, if any that panned out.

Fun to listen to though, better than TV.
    edited November -1
    I don't know what I would do with my spare time if I weren't developing and weighing conspiracy theories. It is, if nothing else, entertaining and it sure can get the old blood a flowin'. I think there are probably alot more occurrences that CAN be attributed to conspiracy than we would like to admit. It's what our government does. Kennedy, Miller et al, Timothy McVeigh, World Trade Center and Pentagon, Chappaquiddick, Vietnam, Waco, Ruby Ridge, Election 2000, NFA, GCA, Supreme Court Nominations, Presidential Pardons, Watergate, Iraq II, Oil Prices, Removal of Posse Comitatus, AWB, O.J Simpson, Kent State, Lee Harvey Oswald, Princess Dianna, Federal Reserve Bank, IRS, ATF, FBI, CIA, Dept. of the Treasury, Michael Jackson, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Mike Tyson, 1919 White Sox, Coke and Coke Classic, 1985 World Series, Personal Computers, Patriot Act, Iran-Contra Affair, Assassinations of Foreign Diplomats, Tylenol Scare, Al Capone's Vault, Prohibition, Bevis and Butthead, Espionage, The Cold War, Jap's Bombing of Pearl Harbor, AIDS, Heroin, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Disco, CB's, Ted Kennedy, Diane Fienstein, Olympic Judging, Jonestown Mass Suicide, Wham, Marilyn Monroe, Las Vegas, First Moon Landing, Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, The Cuban Missile Crisis, '80's Hair Bands, Anthrax Scare, Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, Pee Wee Herman, The Great Depression, Corporate Bankruptcies, The UN, Chinese Troops in North Korea, North Korea, Tiny Tim, The Former Soviet States, The Balkans, The Qu'ran, Globalization, Boy George, NAFTA, The Euro, Death of Jimmi Hendrix, Cabbage Patch Dolls, Jimmy Hoffa, Richard Millhouse Nixon, Lyndon B. Johnson, The Pet Rock, and many, many others are just some of the possible conspiracies.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
    edited November -1
    Cabbaage Patch dolls (gasp!) That was a conspiracy?! Say it ain't so Comengetit! I won't sleep tonight.

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
    edited November -1
    I can't seem to find my lead foil umbrella hat....

edited November -1
    GOt some here in the bunker. Stop by, watch the trip wire...
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The more I hear about it, the Bird Flu thing sounds like a big joke. They are killing all those chickens, ducks, and geese in Europe when there has not even been a single reported human case outside of Asia. From what I hear, the only folks that got it in Asia were the ones who were practically living with their poultry. There have not been ANY reported cases of it transferring from human to human. Supposedly it would have to mutate like five more times before it would be able to be transmitted between humans.

How many of you come into regular contact with birds? I think this is all a big hoax. I know here on the West Coast most of the poultry ranching takes place indoors anyway. I think all this talk about the "pandemic" is just to incite panic. I think it is interesting that the media didn't really grab onto this story until Bush made his comments about declaring Martial Law in the case of a pandemic and using the military to enforce it. Now it is almost like the media is trying to justify this by panicing the American public into accepting such tyranny. I don't doubt there might be a gun-confiscation motive in such a manuever.

Look at the great supposed pandemic of SARS a few years ago. I think in California there were 2 or 3 reported cases, and one death. Same thing with West Nile Virus. I think we had half a dozen reported human cases this year in Nevada, with one death. Yet all you heard all summer long on the news was about mosquito repellant and staying indoors in the evening. You are probably more likely to get bitten by a shark or hit by lightning than get West Nile, SARS, or Bird Flu.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
    edited November -1
    On this one I would be concerned, not afraid, just concerned. The virus has made the jump from birds to humans but has not yet jumped from human to human. All it needs to do is mutate and it can.

Flu that we know is swine flu and our immune systems are used to its different iterations. The flu in the avian population is one that our immune systems have not seen and had a chance to get used to.

Avian flu killed millions in the early part of the century. I have been reading alot about this, it could be important. Mutations will
    need to take place, only God knows when if that will happen.
    edited November -1
    Hey guys,
    The majority of those conspiracy thoeries listed above were a joke. I hope I wasn't taken seriously I mean come on, Pee Wee Herman, Wham, The Pet Rock? Just trying to lighten things up a bit.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gifculpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
    There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
    edited November -1
    The bird flu is real and of great concern. http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110007416

Not much we can do, just be aware and wash our hands.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will let you all be concerned for me. In the meantime, I will stop playing with all of those wild birds that I regularly come into contact with.[:D]

Dang, first I had to stop playing with the squirrels and bats because of plague, then those wild monkeys because of Ebola, now birds, what's next? You will probably tell me that I will have to stop playing with tape worms. I mean what harm could they be?[:o)]

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    I will let you all be concerned for me. In the meantime, I will stop playing with all of those wild birds that I regularly come into contact with.[:D]

Dang, first I had to stop playing with the squirrels and bats because of plague, then those wild monkeys because of Ebola, now birds, what's next? You will probably tell me that I will have to stop playing with tape worms. I mean what harm could they be?[:o)]

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOEUN EABE

but... tape worms are good for keepin the weight down...