In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nevada CCW Fee

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if the CCW law is like this in your state, but here in Nevada (a "shall-issue" state) if you get a CCW then you do not have to pay the $25 NICS background fee each time you purchase a gun. This makes logical sense, since you wouldn't have a CCW if you didn't pass a background check.

Well, the Fedgovs have finally caught on to the fact that they are missing out on their $25 tax, so as of the end of this month they are gonna crack down on gun retailers in Nevada to start charging the $25 NICS fee. They say it is an issue of "public safety". Supposedly the sheriffs and police chiefs could have petitioned the BATFE for a 6-month delay, thus giving time to challenge this unconstitutional fee, but of course they did not, proving that they are gun-grabbing collaborators.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
-Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer

Comments

• Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    I don't know if the CCW law is like this in your state, but here in Nevada (a "shall-issue" state) if you get a CCW then you do not have to pay the $25 NICS background fee each time you purchase a gun. This makes logical sense, since you wouldn't have a CCW if you didn't pass a background check.

Well, the Fedgovs have finally caught on to the fact that they are missing out on their $25 tax, so as of the end of this month they are gonna crack down on gun retailers in Nevada to start charging the $25 NICS fee. They say it is an issue of "public safety". Supposedly the sheriffs and police chiefs could have petitioned the BATFE for a 6-month delay, thus giving time to challenge this unconstitutional fee, but of course they did not, proving that they are gun-grabbing collaborators.

-WW

There is no NICS fee. The check is free. The $25 was being charged by the State.
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's right, No NICS Fee. At least not from the Feds.

Joey Has Been Freed!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gif[/IMG]culpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
    There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since the checks are contracted through the Nevada Highway Patrol, I guess that explains why the law enforcement didn't object. More free money for them at the gun owner's expense.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, that's a BS charge. Arizona is a check point and we don't get charged.

Joey Has Been Freed!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gif[/IMG]culpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
    There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you guys are right. No federal fees yet. My good dealer here charges a $5 fee on handguns cause that's what Florida charges. Long guns are still free.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Don't mean to nitpick you guys...but corruption makes absolutely no difference whether its local,state, or federal. Its still corruption.

Charging a citizen to exercise a 'right'.

Fits the definition of 'slave'...and 'master'..to my way of thinking.
  • Options
    Childe_RolandChilde_Roland Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive bought a few firearms here in south dakota, one pistol and a few long ones, dont think they ever charged me for a background check. the pistol was a 2 day wait though. i was told by the store owner i wouldnt have to wait the 2 days if i got a ccw, but being as i wouldnt get the license for 5 days i didnt bother.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Get a C&R FFL. $30 and is good for 3 years.

No more NICS fees from the State.

www.givemeliberty.org
    www.constitutionalincome.com
    etij6g.gif
  • Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Red223
    Get a C&R FFL. $30 and is good for 3 years.

No more NICS fees from the State.

www.givemeliberty.org
    www.constitutionalincome.com
    etij6g.gif

The C&R FFL does not exempt you from the NICS check unless you are buying a C&R firearm.