In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Buy This Album

Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
"Patriot" by Matt Fitzgibbons. If you love your country and like good music, you'll appreciate his CD. He's a regular here on GB and too humble to brag about his album, so I will. I've had the pleasure of speaking with Matt directly a couple of times and genuinely hope to meet him some day. Some of us buy guns. Some of us join the NRA. Some of us sit and gripe about things we'd like to change if only... Matt writes and produces music for people who love this country.
Anyhoo...the website is PatriotMusic.com. I hope you'll get in touch and give it a spin.
By the way, Matt's gonna be a guest on my morning show on the 24th. If I remember to get webstreaming up and running, it'll be on the internet at KPMX.com at 7:30 MDT. We can't afford to stream 24/7 because of ASCAP & BMI
Well, enough of my rambling. I hope I didn't run afoul of any rules and regs. I'm just pretty impressed with this album.

-Andy

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson"

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Now that is interesting. Thanks for posting that as I would not have known otherwise.

You two should get together with GB.co member Swift and find some way to promote Matt's music and Dennis's gun book. If interested you can read a little at:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=159920

4lizad
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the tip. I vividly remember the execution. Fascinating story. How do I get a copy?

Hunter S. Thompson"
    edited November -1
    Contact member swift as he wrote the book and has the gun and a website about it. post a topic regarding him and he will probably notice and respond or email him here:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=385

or you can view the book on GB.com auction at:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=33746350 or better yet, go to:

www.gilmoregun.com

4lizad
  • FitzFitz Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, that was a lot of fun! Best reason I've had for getting up early in a long time. Thanks again, Colonel!

Just after we hung up, I got two calls for newspaper interviews; one for my local paper which I did yesterday, and one scheduled for Tuesday with my regional paper. Both features should be out in the next week so I'm going to create a "Press" page on my website (www.PatriotMusic.com) where I'll post the MP3 of your interview and your review of the CD. I could do this for a living :-) Any idea you all might have in helping to spread the word would be very, very welcome. Thanks again, Colonel. I owe you a lot of beers!

Fitz
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fitz
    Man, that was a lot of fun! Best reason I've had for getting up early in a long time. Thanks again, Colonel!

Just after we hung up, I got two calls for newspaper interviews; one for my local paper which I did yesterday, and one scheduled for Tuesday with my regional paper. Both features should be out in the next week so I'm going to create a "Press" page on my website (www.PatriotMusic.com) where I'll post the MP3 of your interview and your review of the CD. I could do this for a living :-) Any idea you all might have in helping to spread the word would be very, very welcome. Thanks again, Colonel. I owe you a lot of beers!

Fitz

The pleasure was mine. I'll be working on getting the audio downloaded from our air-check program so I can get it to you. I don't drink alcohol, but anytime you get within spittin' range, I'll let you buy me a Diet Coke. And you keep in touch, y'hear?

Hunter S. Thompson"
    edited November -1
    For anyone interested, (and within listening range), I-95 in Danbury, CT will be airing three or four songs from Patriot and an interview with me about the album. It will be on 95.1 FM at 10:00 p.m. this Sunday, July 3rd.

(Any and all comments are welcome)

Fitz
    edited November -1
    Had I been in listening range I would have listened.

4lizad
    edited November -1
    I wish you were too, but I did post last night's interview on my Press page here: http://www.patriotmusic.com/Press.htm I hope you like it!

Fitz
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link. For sure I'll check it out.

4lizad
    edited November -1
    I spoke with Colonel Plink today and he send me his interview on KPMX-FM. I posted it on my press page: http://www.patriotmusic.com/Press.htm

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or advice on how to spread the word about our what I'm doing, please post.

Thanks everyone, and especially Colonel Plink!
    Enjoy!

Fitz
    edited November -1
    Hi,

For those of you who might be interested and in the listening range, I'll be on WGIR in Manchester N.H. tomorrow (Friday 7/21) at 4:30 p.m. to talk about my mission and the CD. Also, another interview on WPKN (89.5) at 8:00 a.m. out of Bridgeport, CT. That one, folks can call in (if you're more awake than I'll be!)

Fitz
    http://www.patriotmusic.com
    edited November -1
    Fitz, you jet-setting media hound! Go get 'em!

Hi,

For those of you who might be interested and in the listening range, I'll be on WGIR in Manchester N.H. tomorrow (Friday 7/21) at 4:30 p.m. to talk about my mission and the CD. Also, another interview on WPKN (89.5) at 8:00 a.m. out of Bridgeport, CT. That one, folks can call in (if you're more awake than I'll be!)

Fitz
    http://www.patriotmusic.com

Hunter S. Thompson"
    edited November -1
    Hahaha! Well, I'm trying! Gotta do whatever possible to get the message out that Americans need to read our Founding Documents... especially all the politicians that swear an oath to something many of them probably haven't read since the 4th grade! But, I'm preaching to the choir here at GB. Anyway, Colonel, it all started with you! Thanks!

And for anyone in the N.H. area next weekend, I'll be at the Free State Project's Porc Fest (great name huh?) at Roger's Campground. (Check http://www.freestateproject.org for details about the festival)

Again, any ideas or comments are welcome. This music business sure is one tough nut to crack!

Fitz

www.PatriotMusic.com
    edited November -1
    Coming back from the Free State Projects' annual festival, it occured to me that if the Founding Fathers trusted Americans to guard liberty for mankind, I should trust them for $13. I introduced a new "Pay-By-Honor" system where folks can order a CD by simply giving me their name and address, and a promise to send a check or money order within 10 days of receipt. What do you think?

Fitz
    edited November -1
    I just posted two free songs (for personal use) at www.PatriotMusic.com. One is the full version of "For The Heroes" and the other is a new song called "Bad Day". Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

PatriotMusic
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fitz- I just listened to For the Heroes. Very nice, good tempo and great vocals. I think it would be nice if you listen to fitz's songs that you post for fitz your impressions of his work. I thought it was very inspiring.

Joey Has Been Freed!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gif[/IMG]culpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
    There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn, this is HARD on dialup users.
    We can't download stuff, without it taking half the day. [:(]

One of the (FEW) drawbacks of living in BFE. [B)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    Thanks Comengetit. Today's my birthday and I was pretty bummed out until I saw your post. It made my day, really.

Pickenup, I'm sorry, but I don't think there's anything I can do... email, FTP, decreasing file size would ruin the "quality". I can only hope it's worth the wait. Maybe when you hit the head you can let it run? It, being the file. :-)

Fitz
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Comengetit. Today's my birthday and I was pretty bummed out until I saw your post. It made my day, really.

Pickenup, I'm sorry, but I don't think there's anything I can do... email, FTP, decreasing file size would ruin the "quality". I can only hope it's worth the wait. Maybe when you hit the head you can let it run? It, being the file. :-)

Fitz

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fitz,
    Well, I finally got them downloaded.
    I was hoping it would be worth it, and it was.

Let me start off with,
    I like them both. [:D]

The sentiment on the first one is inspiring.
    The music is OK, but....
    The vocal seems to fall under the music "at times" making it hard to understand what is being said. I had to listen to it more than once to get all the words.

The second one is very well put together.
    It has an upbeat rhythm, good music, and the vocals come through pretty good.

This is just my opinion, and it's worth about what you paid for it. [;)]

Good luck.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    Thanks.

I haven't gotten confirmation, but there may have been errors on the song links when I first posted the pages yesterday. For anyone who tried and either didn't get the full songs or got two of "For the Heroes", I'm sorry.

PatriotMusic