In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How to get your FFL

RemingtonRemington Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
I am considering opening a gun store in the Kansas City area. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how and/or where to apply for my FFL. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

God didn't make men equal, Samuel Colt did.

Comments

• ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a couple of internet sources that take care of the whole thing for you for about $30. Try this link:
    http://federalfirearmslicense.com/

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagl.gif911_memorial_flag_our_flag_was_stil.gifculpepper-01.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_az_2fagl.gif
    There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't need to pay anyone to do this.
    The application is available at your local ATF office.
    Call them up, they send you the package, you fill it out, and mail it in.
    Then wait. That is about all there is to it.

Now your LOCAL laws may require quite a bit of leg work.
    Check into them FIRST.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have a store front then you might have a chance. I was looking into getting one as a private resident (to do out-of-state transfers, online sales, etc.) and there is basically no chance of getting an FFL anymore if you don't have a retail location.

Good luck.

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To get a Dealer's 01 license, you will need to show you are in compliance with State and local laws. Zoning. Business License. Sales tax number (If your state has sales tax) and so on. The Federal part is fairly easy- check the ATF website. But the Feds will not issue a license until you are up to snuff on state and local laws.
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FFL's before the Clinton's 280,000 FFL's
    After the Clinton's about 46,000 .
    The fee was $35 for 3 years now it's $295
    for three years. You will need a mug shot
    and finger print set to send in with your app.
    Your local stuff could be the hard one.
    Thank Bill Clinton , we will feel his stupity
    for the next 20 years.[8D]
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there any doubt that Bill Clinton was the worst President in the history of the United States and, quite possibly, the entire World as other countries have Presidents also? You want to see the national debt go away? No problem just be prepared to have again what we had when Clinton left office. We had a surplus, yeah, this is also a wolf in sheep's clothing. How did we get there? Well, let's see, we had a skeleton military, our munitions were at a 60 year low, our defense systems were at a minimum, our economy was on the edge riding a .com balloon that would burst and cost Americans billions of dollars, Homeland Security did not exist, and our borders were more porous than today, we made half assed pot shot attempts at bin Laden, consequently we lost the USS Cole for nearly 3 years while it sat in a Yemeni port with a gaping wound to it's hull, and the list goes on for days. National Debt is overrated, who do we owe? We owe us. To hell with us erase it.[}:)][:D] Before you get all happy thinking you're gonna drill me, I'm kidding about the National Debt thing.

Neo-Jedi Council
    th_rebspin.gif
    Naboo Sniper
    th_23024.gif22987.jpgMWC '050100.jpgbubajog.gifTROLLarmy_soldier2.gif

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?