In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Post card from Weyerhaeuser

Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
Received a post card from Ernesta Ballard, S. VP, Corporate Affairs concerning the mass mailing from the NRA critical of the firing of Weyerhaerser employees because those employees were found with firearms (hunting rifles) on a public parking lot owned by Weyerhaeser, in violation of company rules. Only company employees were targeted.

"Our policy is about SAFETY of our employees, not guns or the Second Amendment".

Certainly is a sad state when a company, who enjoys all the rights and privilages, of being based and earning it's stock holders money in the the United States can dictate which Rights can be enjoyed by the people who make it money.

Weyerhaeuser Company
PO Box 9777
Federal Way, WA 98063-9777

Lets all send them a little note, telling them which country they DO live in.

Comments

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cornflk1
    Received a post card from Ernesta Ballard, S. VP, Corporate Affairs concerning the mass mailing from the NRA critical of the firing of Weyerhaerser employees because those employees were found with firearms (hunting rifles) on a public parking lot owned by Weyerhaeser, in violation of company rules. Only company employees were targeted.

"Our policy is about SAFETY of our employees, not guns or the Second Amendment".

Certainly is a sad state when a company, who enjoys all the rights and privilages, of being based and earning it's stock holders money in the the United States can dictate which Rights can be enjoyed by the people who make it money.

Weyerhaeuser Company
    PO Box 9777

Lets all send them a little note, telling them which country they DO live in.

It'd be better if you posted an email address.[;)]

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, there wasn't an E-mail address on their correspondence. Maybe their scared o the "fallout".
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    My response to the same postcard:

Ernesta Ballard, S. VP, Corporate Affairs
    Weyerhaeuser Company
    PO Box 9777

Dear Ma'am;

Thank you for the prompt response concerning the mass mail card I sent compliments of the NRA. In the response it was stated that Weyerhaeuser's concern was for the safety of its employees concerning possession of firearms on company property. It also stated that the issue was not about freedom or the second amendment. I would suggest precisely the opposite, It is exactly about that. I would also suggest (as I have to many other companies, my own included) that the rule banning possession of firearms on company property is merely whitewash to try and escape any liability should an employee have a violent episode on site. If this occurs, the company would be equally liable for denying someone the right to protect him or herself in such an occurrence, if they have the means to do so and are denied. I would recommend your concern about employee safety be better directed in the areas of work rules and conditions found in 29 CFR 1910.

Thank you for your time,

Paul McCarthy

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
  • Options
    cussedemguncussedemgun Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go to "www.weyerhaeuser.com"

on the top bar, click on "about us"

at the bottom of the page, click on "contact us"

"all I really need to know I learned in kindergarten" Robert Fulghum

anyone who says "nobody needs a full auto" has never been in front of a brown bear charge
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I receieved one of those post cards also. Basically it said 'we are working with the NRA' which I know is false. It also did not say it directly; but it implied to hell with you and I will continue to do what I want.

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin