In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

In theory only

KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
If there was to be A total ban on guns, and all of us redneck hillbilly's were to take to the hills, what type of weapons would you take with you, keep in mind, the terrain you would be fighting in, and the avalibilty of ammo. My personal choice would be A 7400, 30-06, Kimber 1911 45, marlin 22 bolt, ruger mark 2, and bow, and arrow. What would be your's

parabellem

Comments

• Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pair of ruger redhawks 44 mag, custom Sako 308, HK91 select fire and lots of ammo![:D] might have a few other goodies to take also[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good choice, but think of the avalibilty of ammo for the 44

parabellem
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got X rounds right now just for my 44's. think that will suffice for now.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes that will probally suffice. The point I am getting at is I read A lot on the forum about fighting back in an organized fashion, but there is no orginazation. The military uses the same round for all there guns, even those in nato all use the same rounds. If all of us redneck hillbilly's take to the hills to fight back, and none of us carry the same caliber of weapon, how long would the fight back last? Four thousand rounds of ammo is A good thing, but how long would they last in A sustained fire fight. Once again in theroy only.

parabellem
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    M-1A, my 40, .22 (for food) 12 GA and 7mm.

1000 rds .308
    200 rds .40
    1000 rds .22
    100 rds 12 GA
    200 rds 7mm

The .308 is replacable via M-60 belts (military stock)
    .40 will be replaced when supply exhausted from military stock (9mm or .45)
    12 GA may be replacable thru local supply or military stock
    7mm will be replaced by the .308 or ditched altogether.

That being said, under the circumstances you give there should be no such thing as a "sustained" firefight. Even then you will not have 4K rounds handy for such things. Engagement should last less than 30 minutes total before you boogie. Probably less than 10 minutes actual contact. Any longer and you get out maneuvered by superior numbers, and become subject to supporting fires (air, arty) something you don't have.

But I don't spend alot of time thinking or planning for such things.

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you maybe should spend a little time planning Bubba Fats has got the right idea, ja has got the right firepower and plenty of ammo, along with some other tricks.[:0][;)]
    I, personally have spent a great deal of time planning. I am at the point where in no more than 30 minutes I can have everything necessary to survive for one month in the mountains with my wife and dog(my dog doesn't bark, ever). Here are my weapons and defenses.

One IV body armor vest covering sides, shoulde, and neck, in camo.
    three different tactical vests
    two sets camo clothing with many pockets
    one set all black sniper wear
    one ghilly suit
    two pair mountain boots
    thigh holster
    one Glock 17 9mm w/ 3 33 rd. mags. and 5 17 rnders.
    one Kimber Grand Raptor .45 w/5 mags.
    two Ruger 10/22's one for food and one for parts
    one Winchester 1300 12 Ga. w/ 18" & 26" bbls.
    one Browning A-Bolt 7mm mag, My sniper rifle
    four AR-15's with over 2000 rounds already clipped
    one select fire AK-47 7.62
    Food
    Water
    First Aid
    Radio/Flashlight combo wind up
    Clothing
    etc. etc. etc.
    I have around 12,000 rounds of ammo for the above mentioned guns. I would carry a whole bunch of .223 and 9mm. a few 7mm mags, a whole bunch of 7.62, five boxes of 12 Ga. #2 shot and 10 slugs, 500 rounds of .45acp, and around 2500 .22 rnds.
    I have an Escalade with a ton of room inside and where we are going I have the perfect little cave to store it in. I already have ten 10 gallon fuel tanks full and at the getaway. I also have a generator and hepa filter system there. I'd say I'm prepared.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am also sensitive to the issue of ammo scarcity. I keep all of my guns in three calibers:

.22LR
    9mm
    .38Spl/.357Mag

I like the interchangability of the .38Spl/.357Mag guns for times of scarcity. Some of these can even accomodate 9mm, like the Convertible Ruger Blackhawk.

.22LR can be stored in sufficient amounts that it should always be readily available. Everybody should have at least 5000 rounds of .22LR stored for varmint hunting and basic survival, c'mon that is like $50 worth.

Besides .22LR, I would expect that the most readily available ammo in a time of crisis would be the Military/NATO rounds... 9mm, .223, & .308. It would be wise to try and keep guns in these calibers, unless you have an adequate supply of another caliber with sufficient reloading capabilities.

I only have two rifles, a Ruger 10/22 and a Marlin 1894c in .38Spl/.357Mag. I keep some 160gr .357Mag hunting loads as an emergency measure. They would be enough to take down small deer within 100 yards in a survival situation.

For urban warfare, I am going to acquire a Ruger PC9 carbine. I also plan on acquiring a 12ga. pump shotgun for bird hunting and close quarters defense.

I will probably try to aquire a semi-auto .223 or .308 rifle at some point for an all-purpose hunting/battle rifle (like a Ruger Mini-14).

JMHO,
    WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    without a doubt, planning would be the key to such a thing. In my area everybody and their brother, cousin, uncle, etc. own A 30-06 rifle, and A 45 acp. Therefore that would be the best choice. As well 22lr you can carry A lot of ammo easily. It is all just talk, but it could happen. It might be that comangetit, and ww might come here to the southeast if the whole thing starts. Or jaflowers, or myself might leave the southeast for the colorado rockies, if it should happen. If this is the case, it's true you can re supply from dead enemy troops, however I would not want to rely on this.[}:)]

parabellem
  • Options
    edited November -1
    parpbellem, prepare for war.[}:)]

parabellem
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    I think you maybe should spend a little time planning Bubba Fats has got the right idea, ja has got the right firepower and plenty of ammo, along with some other tricks.[:0][;)]
    I, personally have spent a great deal of time planning. I am at the point where in no more than 30 minutes I can have everything necessary to survive for one month in the mountains with my wife and dog(my dog doesn't bark, ever). Here are my weapons and defenses.

one ghilly suit
    two pair mountain boots
    thigh holster
    Food
    Water
    First Aid
    Clothing
    etc. etc. etc.
    I have around 12,000 rounds of ammo for the above mentioned guns. I would carry a whole bunch of .223 and 9mm. a few 7mm mags, a whole bunch of 7.62, five boxes of 12 Ga. #2 shot and 10 slugs, 500 rounds of .45acp, and around 2500 .22 rnds.
    I have an Escalade with a ton of room inside and where we are going I have the perfect little cave to store it in. I already have ten 10 gallon fuel tanks full and at the getaway. I also have a generator and hepa filter system there. I'd say I'm prepared.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?

I was being facetious.

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit

one ghilly suit
    two pair mountain boots
    thigh holster
    Food
    Water
    First Aid
    Clothing
    etc. etc. etc.

I was being facetious.

Sorry, it went right over my head. I see it now that I know. I'll try to concentrate a little more.[:I][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I do agree that a sustained firefight can go on for not longer than 30 minutes. Then you're either in the clear or in real trouble.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jaflowers
    1) 308 military ball. 20,000 linked for belt feds. 10,000 for my HK with 1,000 in clips ready to go.
    2) 7.62x39. 10,000 military FMJ with 1,000 in clips for AK. 1,750 AP for whatever I need it for.
    3) 44 Magnum JHP. 4,000 rounds loaded with another 10,000 reloading capacity.
    4) 22 LR. 25,000 rounds
    5) misc. 338 and 7mmSTW high power rifle magnum rounds. 1,000

This is my personal stockpile of ammo and I try to add to it each year. It will get me by. I do agree that a sustained firefight can go on for not longer than 30 minutes. Then you're either in the clear or in real trouble.

When the SHTF I'm going to ja's house.[:D][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    My one main piece of advice to anyone who shares our thoughts is this:

DON'T keep all your stuff in one place. Strategically place stockpiles at relatives or really close friends places. Spread your stuff out so that IF you have to move on quickly (and are able to) that you know you'll have reliable weapons, ammo and money at several locations. Don't just keep all your best guns at one place and the throw away stuff at others, put what you know you'll be happy using at each area. Also you might consider putting away a little gold and silver. May come in handy. Good luck to everyone and may God be on our side. He was, with our founders![:)]
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kyfatboy: where are you located in Ky anyways?

animated_usa_flag.gifanimated_rebel_flag.gif

Molon Labe
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KYfatboy
    Or jaflowers, or myself might leave the southeast for the colorado rockies
    Don't go there, I'm probably gonna be stacking them up like cordwood as it is.
    Don't want you to get lost in the shuffle. [;)] [:D] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget the feed for all of the mules it
    will take to pack all that ammo into the hills.

How about a small back pack w/ 5 cans of good
    beans some cans of tuna and some crackers .
    It still leaves room for a good 22 like a ruger
    mark II or mark III ( the new one) w/bull bbl
    and maybe a scope for it . 2 bricks of good HP
    ammo and a good knife . Every thing else will
    come along the way.
    A man on the move is always hard to find.[8D]

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like ja's theory but, make sure you can get to them and you should set up a rally spot for you and your buddies. This should be out in the country somewhere, when you go out shooting take a few friends and find a good spot to meet up. There is strength in numbers, you'll have lookouts and be able to ambush when necessary.

I'm still going to the meeting place I mentioned before, Remember, Denver Intl. Airport, then to the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Godspeed my friends the day draws near.

Don't forget gas masks and a change of filters.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Like minds will find each other when the time
    comes. Supplies will be everywhere .
    Ammo is very heave , when they come pick up
    what they drop and get more.
    You might have a supprize waiting for you if
    one of the guys you were going to pick up with
    decides to save his * and give them you.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootstright
    Don't forget the feed for all of the mules it
    will take to pack all that ammo into the hills.

How about a small back pack w/ 5 cans of good
    beans some cans of tuna and some crackers .
    It still leaves room for a good 22 like a ruger
    mark II or mark III ( the new one) w/bull bbl
    and maybe a scope for it . 2 bricks of good HP
    ammo and a good knife . Every thing else will
    come along the way.
    A man on the move is always hard to find.[8D]

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you

This is why my stash seems so small. Mind you, this is not my plinkin supply and is packed to di-di. There will not be time to prepare after the fact. When its time to boogie-its time to boogie,not pack.
    I would suggest stricktly dried beans,rice, bouillon cubes, and some herb/spices. A pound of rice will last quite a while, water can be found anywhere, meat is taken on the fly.

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Most of the free-running water is not fit to drink anymore..better have a Katadyn filter.

The new technology allows them to get heat signitures at far distances...night vision able to see to kill a man at A THOUSAND YARDS..sound eqipment that can hear a mouse fart...

She's gonna be a gripe, boys. LOTS of us are going down.

...'tis better to live on your feet, standing as a man for 15 moments..then crawl on your belly for 50 years, pretending you are a man ....obeying the beast.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hvof in south central KY. Hey it also should be addressed while I believe that for myself I would be more of A guirella type, still no conflict has ever been won with irregulars only. Some one has to be the regular troops.[}:)]

parabellem
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KYfatboy
    Hvof in south central KY. Hey it also should be addressed while I believe that for myself I would be more of A guirella type, still no conflict has ever been won with irregulars only.Uh. No. See US revolution, Vietnam (both times, Iraq. Some one has to be the regular troops.[}:)]

parabellem

I believe precisely the opposite. A standing force is nothing more than a standing target

• Options
    edited November -1
    The Beast will dearly love to see 100 men gathered together...those men will be known as "Fertilizer"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball
    We are all fertilizer in the making.
    The trick is to slow down the process.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    U.S revelution, vietnam, iraq. All had both standing regulars as well as guriella's on both sides. The guriella's normally harass the enemy, while the regulars ocupy.

parabellem
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I cannot visulize 'occupying' any territory...at least not for many months.

The Beast has proven that burning to death 80 men, women and children is of no concern.

Gassing and carpet bombing is well within the guidelines to 'supress rebellion'..or just for 'sex with under age girls'....