In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Jersey Law Question

MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
I already realize that NJ Gun laws stink. This is a straight forward question that I hope someone has an answer for:

Flash suppressors and threaded barrels are not legal on AR type rifles. Can a Compensator be mounted on a barrel?

It bugs the heck out of me that I have to ask the question and, please do not remind me I could move to Pennsylvania.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took this right off of the NJ gun laws web site:

A part or combination of parts to convert or assemble a firearm into an "assault firearm" is also forbidden.

They will include compensators, that's why they didn't specify, so they can call it what they want.

Neo-Jedi Council
    th_rebspin.gif

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    Broomie2Broomie2 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muzzle brakes are legal in NJ. Can be added to your gun or purchased with it all ready mounted.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain
  • Options
    Broomie2Broomie2 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Born and raised in Pa. makes me wonder why I still live here.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been in So. Jersey for about 11 years. Only got re-interested in shooting about a year ago. It is a hassle but only around the edges. For long arms, you can buy almost anything, this flash suppressor thing is a vestige of the bad old days when Florio was governor. Most of the assault weapons stuff has gone away.

Are things great? No, but its no worse than the rest of the blue states of the Northeast corridor. It will get worse if Corzine is elected...

Still have ground hogs and farmers anxious to see them eradicated in Salem county. Plenty of deer to hunt, just don't go north of Trenton.
  • Options
    Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    Lived in Perth Amboy for a while,nice little town,"sweet women" but no Tony Supranos in sight.So close to NYC without really living there.[:D]