In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Rights

CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
I am a new person when it comes to gun ownership.

Ive always been fascinated by guns, always wanted to have them. I am 18 so my life is young. I have a Mossberg 640T 22 Mag, About to buy a Benelli Super Nova and will buy a Black rifle in the near future as well as plenty of other guns as i get older.

I want to join an organization that will fight for my gun rights and will try to preserve the 2nd amendment. The first org that comes to mind is the NRA but i wanted to ask you guys if there are anymore or better organizations that i could look into.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    san a convicted felon's wife own guns in the same home? without being in jeapordy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted everyone to know that if you let law inforcement push you around on your 2nd ammendment rights you will lose them down the road. So if any of you all go to your local sherrif's dept and apply for a permit, and they dont give you an application and take your money to apply and then tell you to come back in a few days, they are screwing with you and you should demand to fill out the application right then. If they continue to say thats not the way they conduct business...Call your lawyer[/b], and take them to court. Unless they accept the application, they can jerk you around for ever. They have seven days after the application is submitted to either grant the permit or deny the permit. If they deny your permit they have to give you a written statement saying why they denied the permit. Then if the reason isnt within the guidlines you can take them to court and sue them. Pleas fight for what is rightfully yours and dont let anybody take your gunrights away without a fight. Its the only right we have left.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If convicted on a domestic assault charge, is there any way to get your gun rights back?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You only have the ones "They" let you have.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    We have lost the rights we are too cowardly to fight for.That is ALL of them...

One cannot 'blame' the Elites for taking it all. That is the nature of the beast.
    One must blame the cowardice of the general populace for the loss of rights....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Most try to blame the NRA, I say join the NRA and help them fight if you don't want to do it yourselves.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to change your statement a little. You said, "if you don't want to do it yourselves"
    I would like to change that to, "ALONG WITH doing it yourselves"

TOO many people pay their dues, then don't do ANYTHING more. Imagine if you will, the NRA (who is supposed to represent a few million gun owners) sends a representative a letter, stating their position on a given topic. Now imagine that same representative receiving that letter from the NRA ---ALONG WITH--- a few MILLION letters from their constituents. Can you imagine the impact of a MILLION letters? A "few" million? But I know that ain't gonna happen. Apathy runs rampant.

I disagree with your statement that "Most try to blame the NRA"
    Most members (once they have paid their dues) figure they have "done their share" and never follow up on what the NRA is doing, trusting the NRA to "champion" their rights. Most members place the NRA on a pedestal, then stick their heads in the sand, leaving the NRA to do as it pleases. All too willing to accept the "compromises" agreed to by the NRA. For the "few" who do keep watch, and do not agree with what they do, by all means, if you are not already a member, join the NRA and change them from the inside.

There's more than one "gun rights groups" out there. Some take a more hard line stand against ANY MORE infringements of our rights.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As times change, you will see one more thing change. People will wake up.

1. People are not as willing to believe the gov't is there to help you.
    2. You don't usually hear people say "It's a free country" anymore, and many of us know why.
    3. Events like 9/11 and NOLA have convinced others to our side.
    4. Once they learn, they don't return.
    5. Proof that we are gaining ground is that the elitists are trying a lot harder than they used to to hoodwink us.
    6. And it is failing miserably.
    7. The composition of our Congress as well as who is our president would be another.
    8. The "brilliant" idea of creating the privilege of concealed carry has been excepted throughout the country in a short period of time, with no impending disasters.
    9. Another state, Alaska, no longer requires a permit to carry concealed.
    10. The "million moms" are turning in on themselves, with a couple of them in some serious gun-related trouble, I might add.
    11. People are beginning to realize something is terribly wrong.

One man alone did not do this. The combined series of events are what has caused it.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.

"Mirror Mirror on the wall. Who's the ugliest one of all?"

-Janet Reno, the Butcher of Waco.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pick, I agree with your reply and it is true that after paying dues some think they did enough. If you look at my tag line you'll see that I have gone beyond and just recently did the Benefactor thing. Gotta find a way to get people involved.

PJ

quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I would like to change your statement a little. You said, "if you don't want to do it yourselves"
    I would like to change that to, "ALONG WITH doing it yourselves"

TOO many people pay their dues, then don't do ANYTHING more. Imagine if you will, the NRA (who is supposed to represent a few million gun owners) sends a representative a letter, stating their position on a given topic. Now imagine that same representative receiving that letter from the NRA ---ALONG WITH--- a few MILLION letters from their constituents. Can you imagine the impact of a MILLION letters? A "few" million? But I know that ain't gonna happen. Apathy runs rampant.

I disagree with your statement that "Most try to blame the NRA"
    Most members (once they have paid their dues) figure they have "done their share" and never follow up on what the NRA is doing, trusting the NRA to "champion" their rights. Most members place the NRA on a pedestal, then stick their heads in the sand, leaving the NRA to do as it pleases. All too willing to accept the "compromises" agreed to by the NRA. For the "few" who do keep watch, and do not agree with what they do, by all means, if you are not already a member, join the NRA and change them from the inside.

There's more than one "gun rights groups" out there. Some take a more hard line stand against ANY MORE infringements of our rights.

The gene pool needs chlorine.

editorialcolor.bmp