In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Protecting my Home/Family??????

gaeducatorgaeducator Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
Last Saturday night, 2 carloads(17 & 18 yoa) of my sons so-called friends came to my home,to pick my son up, to go to a party.They dropped one guy off at my house to get my son to come out, while they parked both cars three houses down the street. When my son exited my house he was attacked by all nine of his former friends. One guy tried to bust him over the head with a beer bottle, while a couple hit and kicked him. My son blocked the beer bottle and punched the guy a couple of times. My son made it back to my front door, hollering for me to get the guns. My son escaped this incident unharmed physically, but I know it has affected him mentally. All were people he had been hanging with for the past two years. I chased the guys and caught them at the parking lot up the street. Two ran to my car trying to fight me and backed off after I pulled my Glock 23. I went back to check on my son and call the police. The detective assigned to the case says that not much can be done because my son was not seriously hurt. I say that is Bull bababooey. What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Laws vairy from state to state. It would depend on where you live, as to any possible outcome. Here you would have been justified in shooting them in your yard, as they were assulting your son with A beer bottle. You would have probally gotten in trouble for chaseing them, and then shooting one of them.

www.templeofthesith.com Dark lord of the sith.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Ohio, that may have been a bad thing. I have only ever pulled my gun on one person in my life... a home intruder....

...after that, I have had my guns ready for anything. My SHTF gear sits loaded in my closet, Guns, Gear and Gadgets, including a set of BDU's. My wife thought I was nuts until the day we were threatened on the highway, and the gun came out while we were stopped. She doesn't believe I'm nuts, anymore.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.

"Mirror Mirror on the wall. Who's the ugliest one of all?"

-Janet Reno, the Butcher of Waco.
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, used mine just last week to break up a fight between 7 Mexicans and one white fella'. A Glock with a light/laser attachment does look pretty intimidating and lock that red dot on someone's chest and they tend to pay attention. They left without further incident, an ambulance came for the white guy and I got a tongue lashing from the cops then when the Sergeant left they patted me on the back and said thanks. I guess it all depends on where you live. I don't have my concealed carry yet either but no mention was even made of this since it was in a holster on my side at the time. I've used my guns in other's defense four times now and never any real problem with the police. Sure they give you an ear full but it's all part of the job.

upsdFlag.gif
    There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea I know what you mean. Here you can use your gun, in defence of your self, family, property, or another. As long as it is A situation such as you have said here. It's when you go chase someone down who has left the scene that one could get in trouble. I guess the law don't like the fact that one goes looking for someone. Even if it some SOB who needs killing.quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    Yep, used mine just last week to break up a fight between 7 Mexicans and one white fella'. A Glock with a light/laser attachment does look pretty intimidating and lock that red dot on someone's chest and they tend to pay attention. They left without further incident, an ambulance came for the white guy and I got a tongue lashing from the cops then when the Sergeant left they patted me on the back and said thanks. I guess it all depends on where you live. I don't have my concealed carry yet either but no mention was even made of this since it was in a holster on my side at the time. I've used my guns in other's defense four times now and never any real problem with the police. Sure they give you an ear full but it's all part of the job.

upsdFlag.gif
    There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gaeducator, sounds like pretty clear cut assault & battery to me. Tell the cops you want to press charges.

-Wolf

P.S. I finally started carrying my Taurus PT-22 in my truck now, my first truck gun. Probably wouldn't do much damage in a firefight, but I like having it for the indimidation factor just in case. What's that statistic about more crimes being averted merely by brandishing a firearm? Anyway, it is concealed but here in Nevada your vehicle is considered an extension of your home, so it is okay to have it concealed in your vehicle here without a CCW.

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LABE

The Second Amendment begins when the First Amendment ends.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think there has to be more to the story.