In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Cop Thread

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
This angry fellow over on General Discussion suggested that no cops were brave enough to post on the Gun Rights forum. Well, here goes one.

I have been a police officer, call me a Peace Officer or LEO, whichever suits you, since 1975. I have always worked for municipalities, three in Arkansas and one in Texas.

I am also a FFL dealer, being so licensed since 1976. I sell a few guns here on Gunbroker now and again.

I hold a Texas CHL, and I was once licensed to teach the Texas CHL course. I kept a CHL so I can still carry if I get suspended.

I like the recent Federal legislation allowing me to carry off-duty in other states, and even after I am retired. I hope this will lead up to nationwide recognition of your state CHL. BTW, this "privelege" is not universal, nor is it automatic for retirees. The retiree has to get an ID card from his old PD, and has to carry written documentation that he has qualified with his handgun during the last 12 months.

I don't have a problem with honest citizens arming themselves for self-protection. I don't think you should have to get a license, but that is what is available, so we take what we can get.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh boy.....oh boy.....will this be my chance to POOF nunn? [:o)] [:o)] [:o)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear you David loud & clear.

That angry troll has some real issues.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."<BR>(Proverbs 22:6)
  • One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    One better left unsaid
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    He said he was going away. It looks like he did. Oh well.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
    edited November -1
    I fear his type.

They make me want to watch high places like water towers, and school books depositories.[;)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."<BR>(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't fear his type..His type usually destroys his family then himself...(I'm sure they live in fear)There can be no "Good" end for someone with his degree of rage.. Just hope he doesn't take his family and or innocent citizens with him. His type can't "do it" themselves...he'll opt for the "Suicide by Cop" just to show them he's right..What a freek'en POS...

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
    - Ronald Reagan
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
    edited November -1
    Good point Grunt.

Trinity +++

edited November -1
    schizophrenia seems to run rampid among some gun owners. They sit around wearing thier lead lined armidilo shells on thier heads thinking of the "day". The day the "Man" comes to take thier guns or other posessions. One more pull from the bottle of MD 20/20 or Segrams 7 and the delusions continue. Hold overs from a bad George Orwell novel. The same folks that set up at gun shows wearing all thier cammo. Spread out over four tables in front of them are the publications on bomb building, machine gun making, The big lie, wire tapping made easy, The bath tub chemist, and the list of crap goe's on. No wonder the Gun shows are getting a bad name and bad publicity along with the typical sportsman.

"The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."
    Arthur Koestler, UK
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take no drugs, do not drink, wear camo, and own most of these books. Does this make me A wacko[?]quote:Originally posted by One shot
    schizophrenia seems to run rampid among some gun owners. They sit around wearing thier lead lined armidilo shells on thier heads thinking of the "day". The day the "Man" comes to take thier guns or other posessions. One more pull from the bottle of MD 20/20 or Segrams 7 and the delusions continue. Hold overs from a bad George Orwell novel. The same folks that set up at gun shows wearing all thier cammo. Spread out over four tables in front of them are the publications on bomb building, machine gun making, The big lie, wire tapping made easy, The bath tub chemist, and the list of crap goe's on. No wonder the Gun shows are getting a bad name and bad publicity along with the typical sportsman.

"The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."
    Arthur Koestler, UK

In hoc signo vinces
    edited November -1
    No offence intended, But does it or are you. I can only state referance from what I have seen in my local area.

Arthur Koestler, UK
    edited November -1
    You made the statement, you tell me. I also believe all nonincarcrated folks should be allowed to own guns. What does this make me.quote:Originally posted by One shot
    No offence intended, But does it or are you. I can only state referance from what I have seen in my local area.

Arthur Koestler, UK

In hoc signo vinces
    edited November -1
    KY: Depends on the cime originaly committed that got them there in the first place. I do not know you and I do not care to. so, this being the case I can not make the determination of you state of mind. Like I said before I can only make my judgement base on what I see or have seen in my local area. you even see some of these same traits in the posting in this forum. I am also a gun (many) owner, But am not under the assumption that the world is out to get me. I also believe in the fact that an armed society is a polite society. Now did my post single you out individually, no it did not. If you have a problem with it. TOUGH SHEET. My opinion nothing more and my right to express it.

Arthur Koestler, UK
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    . quote:I am also a gun (many) owner, But am not under the assumption that the world is out to get me.
    20, 001 gun laws..65 % taxation..nation-wide citizen spying..swat teams on every corner, wearing black...Supreme Court rulings that private property is subject to confiscation to the higest bidder..
    perhaps you are not smart enough to see the hand writing on the wall..?
    edited November -1
    "Swat teams dressed in black on every street corner"

You should be called Hyperball, not Highball.[8D]

Trinity +++

edited November -1
    Everyone is intitled their opinion. I don't think I'm A wacko, but some might say so. I don't think the world is out to get me, but I don't trust the goverment. Mainly because I used to work for them, and know it's all about power for them. As far as convicted felons with guns, the whole system really needs overhauling. If you cannot trust A person with A gun, then he needs to remain locked up. I'm not saying give A sex offender A gun, or A murderer A gun, I am saying keep these folks locked up. Release those who killed some SOB that needed it.quote:Originally posted by One shot
    KY: Depends on the cime originaly committed that got them there in the first place. I do not know you and I do not care to. so, this being the case I can not make the determination of you state of mind. Like I said before I can only make my judgement base on what I see or have seen in my local area. you even see some of these same traits in the posting in this forum. I am also a gun (many) owner, But am not under the assumption that the world is out to get me. I also believe in the fact that an armed society is a polite society. Now did my post single you out individually, no it did not. If you have a problem with it. TOUGH SHEET. My opinion nothing more and my right to express it.

Arthur Koestler, UK

In hoc signo vinces
    edited November -1
    Highball: slow down on the booze. I have yet to see a swat member on a street corner here. I could see it if they were in black skirts, but I don't think the hairy legs would get them much business.

KY: Good to hear your not nuts. and we can agree on some things I guess. Take care.

Arthur Koestler, UK
    edited November -1
    Dang near forgot,
    AND TO ALL A VARY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Arthur Koestler, UK
    edited November -1
    One shot, the reason for my post was to try and show you the generalization you were doing with the folks wearing camo, and buying books. It is the same as me, or anyone else saying all cops are thugs, because of what happened at wako.

In hoc signo vinces