In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New York State carry permit info?

Sidewinder315Sidewinder315 Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
I got my NYS pistol permit this year. I am very confused about this issued permit though. I have been told by various people, gun shops, and so forth, That in NY, outside of NYC that is, that the state only issues 2 types of permit. 1 being a concealed carry, and 2 being a permit good for only one location, place of business etc. That being said, I applied for a carry permit. When my permit finally arrived, the bottom corner was rubber stamped "FOR HUNTING AND TARGET SHOOTING ONLY"!!?? So now I have no idea what I have. Can I carry concealed legally? Can I only use this permit at the range? Anyone know what the real truth is for up state NY hand gun permit holders? Am I just victim of a anti-gun county judge? I really don't know....[:(!]

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry I can not help you.
    NY has so MANY crazy laws.

Rather than ask here, you would probably do better calling the ones that issued your permit. NOT saying they always know what they are talking about. [B)] [;)] [:D]

Just wanted to say "Welcome to the forum"
  • Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NY is MAY issue. Judge's choice.

I'm sorry, but you have a limited permit. DON'T carry, or you'll be in big trouble if you get caught. Also, if your permit wasn't issued in Manhattan, don't bring the weapon into the five boroughs.
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NY is MAY issue. Judge's choice.

Judge's make the laws in NY.
    They are how ever elected every
    so often just vote them out.
    Don't carry your gun loaded.
    go back to the Judge and tell him
    he made a mistake and he needs to fix it.
    Re mind him about the 2nd amenment that
    gives you the right to bear arms, thats
    lock and load carry arms.Bear and carry are
    one in the same. [8D]
  • Options
    Sidewinder315Sidewinder315 Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [V]I just wasted the last year going through hoops to get a useless permit. If I wanted a home defense weapon, I would just stick with my 12 gauge. NY is a communist state.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No kidding. Nazi York.