In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sorry. I dont ship to that state?

tprdelctprdelc Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I dont understand some sellers on Gunbrokers.com. There are a very few sellers that will not ship certain items to certain states. Especially ammo. I live in NJ. I recieve guns and ammo from many people on Gunbrokers.com. I also recieve ammo from many mail order catalogs. I recieve ammo via UPS, FEDX and just about every other shipping company out there. I am not aware of any law that makes it illegal, or difficult to ship guns, ammo, or accessories to NJ provided it does not fall under the "assault weapons" ban. These few people who won't ship to every state are doing more to disarm Americans than any anti gun movement ever accomplished. If these few really wish to defend the second amendment of the constitution they can start by shipping to every state in our nation. After all people made much bigger sacrifices than that to defend our country and the constitution. Just think, you may be refusing to sell ammo to a Vet.

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tprdelc
    I dont understand some sellers on Gunbrokers.com. There are a very few sellers that will not ship certain items to certain states. Especially ammo. I live in NJ. I recieve guns and ammo from many people on Gunbrokers.com. I also recieve ammo from many mail order catalogs. I recieve ammo via UPS, FEDX and just about every other shipping company out there. I am not aware of any law that makes it illegal, or difficult to ship guns, ammo, or accessories to NJ provided it does not fall under the "assault weapons" ban. These few people who won't ship to every state are doing more to disarm Americans than any anti gun movement ever accomplished. If these few really wish to defend the second amendment of the constitution they can start by shipping to every state in our nation. After all people made much bigger sacrifices than that to defend our country and the constitution. Just think, you may be refusing to sell ammo to a Vet.

Do you mind if I ask what kind of sacrifice you have recently made to protect your gun/ammo rights. So that you won't think I am being sarcastic, I will cheerfully tell you what I have done.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When somebody knocks on your front door do you swing the door wide open and immediatley invite them in your home for coffee? There was a time when people used to, but not anymore.

If I could go to Federal prison for shipping something to a state where I wasn't sure it was legal, I can understand why I wouldn't even bother at all. Why open myself up to that kind of liability?

Are you saying it is the responsibility of each seller to be versed in the firearms laws of all 50 states? Maybe some are, but the overhead cost of their auctions is probably so high that they don't sell anything.

Don't beat on those oppressed by these insane laws, instead fight the laws! There is a reason why NJ has an anti-gun reputation.

-Wolf
  • Options
    savage303savage303 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like we both had a similar problem. Isn't NJ a household name for not being able to ship even a slingshot?? I think my state is also becoming like NJ. When all the farms/forest cover dissapear and become a concrete jungle filled with liberals these kind of problems are inevitable. Lets do our part by supporting gunrights and protecting the 2nd Amendment every chance we get. Specially getting our children involved in this fight for our rights!!

-Savage

• Options
    edited November -1
    TR Fox You asked me what sacrifices I made recently to defend the second amendment. I suppose my 2 years of service when I was drafted during the Vietnam war in 1970 is not recent. Some people even told me that I was not defending our constitution. I suppose thats controversial for some people. My son and daughter in Afghanastan and Iraq is not me so that dont count. So I will have to say that I defend it by using it. Please do not tell me what your military service was. Its not that I mean any disrespect. I have the greatest admiration for each and every person who serves in any way. I just think that this would be the wrong forum for that kind of pissing contest. I am living in fear every day right now. and I will not write another word about it here. I will continue debating it with my friends at the VFW over many beers. The point I was trying to make is that any business requires us to do things that are no fun.If 98% of the sellers can do their homework, so can the other 2%. NJ is not as anti gun as some people think.You are not going to federal prison for shipping ammo to NJ. Hunters are vital in controlling the black bear and dear population which have become a big problem here. The only problem I ever had was with a very few people who did not do their homework and will not ship to NJ. They are the ones who thumb their nose at the second amendment.I take offence at that since it indirectly plays into the hands of the anti gun people.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tprdelc,
    Welcome to the forum.

I can understand your frustration about a few folks not shipping ammo to your state. NJ (and other states) have such an anti-gun reputation, that some people just choose not to do business with the whole state(s). Fair? No, but around here (this forum) we find that the MAJORITY of gun owners will NOT even "do their homework" when it comes to preserving their gun rights.

I don't think fox was trying to get into a pissing contest about the military. Lots of folks here (this forum) never served in the military. Fox is (one of) our members that advocates joining one (or more, preferably) pro-gun organization.

Why not talk about your situation here "as well as" talking about it with your VFW friends? I am an advocate of gathering REAL news from the internet, not that shaded "stuff" the regular media tries ramming down our throats.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Yeah, pickenup has it about right. And since tprdelc doesn't want to ask about my volunteer military service I won't have the chance to tell about what great things my father and deceased father-in-law did when physically fighting the fight in WWII.

But even with all that, I place the burden on myself to try and do SOMETHING at least every month to actually try and slow the rising tide that is taking our citizen/consitutional rights away. And I take other people's complaining if they tell me that they are also doing at least a little something in the here and now.

To be quite honest, I cannot stand someone who loudly shouts that "someone should do something" about our lose of rights, yet they themselves are presently doing nothing but shouting.

Now the above is a vague, general statement and not directed at anyone. So I hope there is no one here who actually IS NOT presently and activately doing at least some effort towards helping preserve our rights and will therefore take unintended offense.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldnt ship to Jersey, or Mass. MD, NY, and a few other godforsaken states.
    While the written law might allow for shipment of firearms/accesories to your cesspool of a state-ya never know when Jersey officials might not be happy with the law, and bust the sellers *, even though he isnt doing anything illegal. Jersey is famous for ignoring the rule of law, I wouldnt take a chance.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As usual, I'm with salzo, here...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TR Fox
    Dont take anything personal about not wanting to turn this into a discusion about military service. I think salzo makes both of my points clear. He will not ship to NJ because he has pesonal opinions about the state. I served my country to protect our constitution along with so many others who live in the so called cesspool and God forsaken states. we "took a chance". I guess we realy didnt have a choice back then. I was very young. What I have learned since then is that our constitution only protects the people from the government. It does not protect the people from the people. Now I find that the people are the ones that would deprive me of my rights. Its no different than a radio talk show host or newspaper editor that wants you to fight for his first ammendment rights then turns off the mike because he dont like what you have to say, or tosses your opinion in the trash becouse its the wrong opinion. No one has to ship anyplace they dont want to, for any reason the have. That is your right. Lets just be honest about it like salzo so we all know what were fighting for.
    Good Buy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I think salzo makes both of my points clear. He will not ship to NJ because he has pesonal opinions about the state.

I don't think it has as much to do with his personal opinion of the state as it does protecting his own interests. How would you like to sell me some ammo, perfectly legal in your state, only to have the feds arresting you for an unlawful transaction to another state you thought was ok for transaction? In NJ, it may be perfectly legal now, but the real problem is when the rabid antigunners there want to nab you, they'll find a way, legal or not. That is their reputation.
  • Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps if all of us, and all gun, and ammo manufactures were to take Ron Barrets stance we would not have as much of these silly gun control laws in states like nj.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR Fox
    I think salzo makes both of my points clear. He will not ship to NJ because he has pesonal opinions about the state.

I didnt say that. Read the post again.
    I would not ship to a resdient of your godforsaken state because YOU PEOPLE of the state of New Jersey have proven time and time again that you dont like guns, and that you will ignore the law to advance your personal agendas. I refuse to take a chance to allow your state the opportunity to make an example out of me, notwithstanding the written law.
    You got a problem that people do not want to deal with the hassle of doing business in your state-blame your people, not the people exercising their right to do business without hassle.
    And by the way, I dont think that people in New Jersey should be allowed to have guns. Any people who cant handle a gas pump, shouldnt be able to handle firearms. And I sure as heck dont want to send a gun to someone who doesnt know how to pump gas.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats this big deal about shipping guns to different states??? I sell guns to anybody who wants to pay me for them...the FFL paperwork to ship the gun to is all I ever require. The ammo is different. I have no idea what it takes to get the certificate to be able to ship ammo...so I haven't messed with any of that. What has happened to make someone not want to sell to a particular state? If something can happen I would LOVE to know ahead of time.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Let me restate the obvious for you, in an unoffending manner:

quote:How would you like to sell me some ammo, perfectly legal in your state, only to have the feds arresting you for an unlawful transaction to another state you thought was ok for transaction?

Is it worth the risk? salzo has a point, but none of you are seeing it. Harassment is the name of the PC game. Ammo is evil in certain states. You never know when some politico will be able to dig up some buried regulation against interstate sales of. well, anything, really, but guns and ammo would definitely be at the top of that list. The risk isn't worth it.
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KYfatboy
    Perhaps if all of us, and all gun, and ammo manufactures were to take Ron Barrets stance we would not have as much of these silly gun control laws in states like nj.

I would say that pretty much says it in a nutshell. Ron Barrett's refusal to sell his mammoth .50 BMG to certain states government law enforcement is a credit to manufacturers. If they all would combine forces, there for certain, would be no more gun laws. What are they going to do, buy all their stuff from out of country. That's all fine and dandy except all of that has to go through shipping channels, customs, and inspections I find it hard to believe that the greatest source of weaponry ever conceived would be a possibility and in no way could our totally inept government pull it off, so they have to buy the guns and ammo here in this country and with Ron Barrett refusing to sell to them they are forced to buy an inferior product, perfect! Way to go Ron! There's one guy who's not afraid to 'buck' the system

I realize this got off track a bit but not far, if you think about it, this is exactly what ammo salesmen are saying to N.J.. If they won't ship it to you and it's legal to do so then there is a message in there somewhere. I think they are saying, " clean up your states views on gun rights or we refuse to sell to you." I am with them on this one!