In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More gun "buy back" garbage...

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Bolsheviks in Kalifornia are at it again. They're using public money to buy and destroy guns. They have partners like Circuit city laundring our money into gift certificates.

They giving away $100.00 of our money for any piece of garbage working or not. No questions are asked of these people. I wonder how many new burglaries happened as a result of the bounty on firearms?

If it looks like a machine gun they're calling it a machine gun to make the gun hating, do-gooders have orgasams in their pants.

They are pretending they're working with "criminal's found money". That's bogus because that money is suposed to fun more investigations. It's still OUR money.

They spent $25,000 plus lots of police overtime to fund this crap.

California City Swaps Gifts for Guns
Gun-Toting Residents of Crime-Plagued Compton, Calif., Turn in Firearms for Gift Certificates
By SANDY COHEN
The Associated Press
COMPTON, Calif. - "Big Daddy" Willis came to Compton to turn an illegal homemade pistol into Christmas dinner. Charlene Watt planned to turn three shotguns into a plasma TV.

The two were among dozens of gun-toting residents who converged on a shopping center parking lot Saturday to anonymously swap firearms for gift certificates as part of a program aimed at reducing violence in this crime-plagued city.

Each was rewarded with a $100 gift card for Circuit City or the Ralphs supermarket chain, the program's co-sponsors.

In a line that snaked across a parking lot, participants from across Los Angeles County carried guns in cardboard boxes, plastic grocery bags and fancy leather cases.

"Hopefully and prayerfully this will cut down on the shootings," said Compton resident Ruther Daniels, 44, who turned in a .22-caliber handgun.

Authorities created the program after a sharp spike in Compton's crime rate this year. Sixty-eight homicides have been recorded so far in 2005, up from 39 in 2004, according to sheriff's Capt. Eric Hamilton.

Over three consecutive Saturdays, sheriff's deputies amassed more than 250 firearms, including 185 handguns, 48 high-powered rifles, 15 sawed-off shotguns and a Tec-9 semiautomatic machine gun pistol.

"The only reason you'd have these guns is to shoot at people," said sheriff's Deputy A.J. Rotella, who came up with the Gifts for Guns concept.

All will undergo ballistics checks to determine if they were used in crimes before being melted down at the sheriff's annual "gun dump."

Authorities said the gun exchange might become an annual program. It was funded by the city of Compton, Circuit City, Ralphs and the Sheriff's Department through its sale of assets seized in drug cases.

Defender
Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self
defense cases.
Check out my blog: http://crimefilenews.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This was also posted on GD. I must say that it must make the criminals sleep easier knowing that more of the sheeple are being disarmed. Naturally the only people who will trade in their guns are the ones who don't want them for crimes.
  • Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    "Working or not". Find all your trash and turn it into cash. Over and Over again. Beats sending it out to the scrap yard and you won't be giving them what they really want.

"The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."
    Arthur Koestler, UK
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's actually not a bad idea, if they were flooded with non-working guns their cash would be depleted and they would have accomplished squat! Next time I hear of one I'll let my gun shops know the plan and put out the word. I've probably got 5 that aren't worth 20 bucks that I'd easily take $100 for even if it is a gift certificate. Get about 100 people to do that and their lottle party will be pee'd on. I like it!
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better yet, head off the people bringing in the guns before they turn them in. Offer them $150 if it looks like they got something good. Maybe you could come away with a steal!

-Wolf
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always hear about it AFTER it happens.
    I have some to turn in.
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I wish I knew this was going to happen. I would have saved that busted Spanish POS .38 and got $100 instead of a box of 30.06 ammo. The only bummer is it public money...but you ought to take advantage of it.
  • Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    I have about twelve of the JC Higgins bolt action shotguns that have no bolts. I think I may have received 165.00 from Sears for the bolts. Another 100.00 for the shotguns would be the cats meow.