In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Delaware CCW

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
I finally got my Delaware CCW!!! After receiving a denial letter about 30 days ago I wrote a letter requesting a hearing. To my surprise, after talking to the AG and the judge in the hearing, they overturned the initial ruling and I should have my CCW in about a week!!! And I was seriously considering moving from Delaware for this and some other reasons. This eases my mind a little bit about my liberal state. After spending all the money Delaware does to get a CCW I'm glad justice finally prevailed.

A. Golden
S&W .357 mag
S&W SW99
Desert Eagle .50AE
Springfield 1911
Always looking for more!

Comments

• Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good show!

MCsig1.jpg
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats! If only my traffic court trial had gone like that earlier this week then perhaps my faith in the judicial system would have been restored.

Does anybody else think it is scary that we have a court system in this country that can deny you your constitutional right to a jury trial and places the burden of proof on the defendant to prove themselves innocent?

I had to argue my case to a judge and defend myself against a DA lawyer, as their was no obligation for them to appoint me a Public Defender in traffic court. I was convicted based on the testimony of one witness, the cop who pulled me over. I even got the cop to admit that he had no specific recollection of the morning that he pulled me over, but the judge said he was "a professional" and was sure that he had a good reason at the time.

Anyway, sorry to divert your topic, goldeneagle. Congrats on the CCW!

-WW

"...That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

-The Debates in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Virginia, on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution. June 27, 1788.
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While DE is not a "shall-issue" state, UT is. You could have gotten a UT permit, and DE would recognize it.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • Options
    diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    I finally got my Delaware CCW!!! After receiving a denial letter about 30 days ago I wrote a letter requesting a hearing. To my surprise, after talking to the AG and the judge in the hearing, they overturned the initial ruling and I should have my CCW in about a week!!! And I was seriously considering moving from Delaware for this and some other reasons. This eases my mind a little bit about my liberal state. After spending all the money Delaware does to get a CCW I'm glad justice finally prevailed.

A. Golden
    S&W .357 mag
    S&W SW99
    Desert Eagle .50AE
    Springfield 1911
    Always looking for more!

I'm a Native Delawarian an am interested in what hoops you had to jump thru to get it.

_bm.jpg God is good. God is great.
    Only God can make a Boatswain's Mate!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on getting the CCW.
    Just goes to show that a denial letter is not always the final word.
    A little persistence paid off this time. [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Way to go. Don't ever give up if someone sees fit to trmple on you rights.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.
  • Options
    jlmillerjlmiller Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A request for my fellow Delawareans:
    My name is Jim (but I go by "J.L.") Miller, and I'm a reporter with The News Journal, working out of the Dover Bureau.
    I am preparing an article on an upcoming legislative push by the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association to make Delaware a shall-issue state for concealed-carry permits, and I am hoping to touch base with people who have gone through the process to get their opinions on how the system worked (or didn't) and whether it needs to be changed.
    And before you start grinding your teeth about "the mainstream media," I am a lifelong gun owner and an avid (some would say obsessive) hunter. Although I can't allow my personal opinions to color my reporting, you'll get a fair shake from me.
    My time frame is short: Today is Jan. 11, 2006, and I hope to have this written by Jan. 13. But if you can help, please call me at (302) 678-4271, (800) 235-9100, Ext. 4271, or e-mail to jlmiller@delawareonline.com
    Many thanks.