In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Antigun propaganda Law & Order episode

WorkingzombieWorkingzombie Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
Law and Order is one of the few TV shows I ever watch. But after tonight's episode I don't know if I will bother anymore.

The episode dealt with a citizen pursuing a murderer in a car chase, resulting in an accident that injured a half-dozen people in a restaurant and the death of the murderer, and subsequent death of the murderer's hostage in the car.

The murderer had shot and killed five people earlier during a hunting trip with an AR 15---you know, based on that true incident in the Midwest where that Southeast Asian guy killed several hunters. But the Asian killer did not have an assault rifle!-See where the theme of this L & O episode is going? So this citizen saw the murder, and pursued by car the killer all the way to NYC.

They made the citizen chasing the murderer a complete and unrealistic fool--- A guy that couldn't make the effort to call the police, fled from the scene of the accident because he was scared, yet he was still brave enough to pursue the murderer-In other words, the theme of this episode is "Don'try to be a hero, you could screw up and hurt more people. Leave it all to the authorities. We know what is best. Initiative and individualism is bad."

The whole tenor of this L&O episode was also subtly but distinctly anti-gun and anti-hunting. A comment was made by a character about the necessity and apparent unfairness of hunting deer. I told my wife that if that character had ever had a car accident because of deers from overpopulated herds run in front of their car, they wouldn't be so sympathetic for Bambi. The program lamented that "assault" weapons like the AR 15 (Which was described in the episode as semi auto, not FA!) can be owned by citizens. So yeah, semi auto weapons incite people to murder.

I'm really bummed, because this was one of the few shows on TV that had any intelligent plot. Guess they got a bunch of new ultra liberal writers.

Comments

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I occasionally catch a law & order episode. I'm not sure which of the spin-off law & order series it was, but on one episode, a person was murdered with a handgun. The judge says that this is the kind of thing that should lead to the confiscation of all handguns, or something along those lines. Just more liberal trash.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree dsmith, my wife watches L&O quite a bit. It typically irritates me for two reasons: 1) The thinly veiled Liberal social agendas, and 2) the "Scooby-Doo" ending everytime where the perp is confronted with the facts and magically confesses in the last 2 minutes of the show.

-Wolf

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LABE

The Second Amendment begins when the First Amendment ends.
  • Options
    morsecodemorsecode Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw the episode, too, and to be fair it should be mentioned that the jury ultimately found the guy not guilty, so it had a happy ending. I've seen other episodes where guns in the hands of lawful citizens has been portrayed disagreeably - so what else is new? It is a show primarily about the justice system and most real life prosecutors have to be counted as anti gun, no? I'll continue to watch Law & Order (the original one) - Sam Waterston is too good an actor to give up on over the occaisonal reality his role demands.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will probably keep watching Law & Order on occassion. After all, it doesn't really help the anti-gun agenda by just watching the show. They are interesting stories, but as WW pointed out, they can always get the killer to confess in the last 2 minutes.
  • Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shows such as this will do nothing to convince those of us who know about firearms, it's those who don't know about them it will have an impact on.

In hoc signo vinces
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brainwashing works. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never watched it.

I'm already amazed at CSI and how many times they resort to IBIS to solve crimes, and how often the IBIS system shows a hit. But life doesn't imitate art, and so far IBIS is a joke.

Too bad the show doesn't adhere to a little more truth in application, even though theoretically the science would be correct.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.

"Mirror Mirror on the wall. Who's the ugliest one of all?"

-Janet Reno, the Butcher of Waco.
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The propaganda is protected by the 1st Amendment. Gun possession is protected by the 2nd Amendment. They can spread all the propaganda they want and we can keep and bear all the arms we want. Let Freedom ring!

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self
    defense cases.
    Check out my blog: http://crimefilenews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys,

Have you guys ever noticed in Lethal Weapon 2, when Murtaugh (Danny Glover) is about to announce when the commercial his daughter was supposed to be in (before he knew it was a rubber commercial) after having his arm twisted by Riggs (Mel Gibson), on a post board in the background are the words "Handgun Control", plain as day? Check it out!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of the lethal weapon movies are anti gun. Watch leathal weapon 4, and read the posters in the poliza station.

In hoc signo vinces
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen that one, yet....

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to like that show...but stopped watching a while back because of the anti gun theme seems to be used more often. If you think its O.K. to just let that kind of thing go....its not. That show is the kind of thing that will lead other people into thinking poorly of guns and will be more likely to vote in a uninformed manner.

I once saw a "junkie" with a $1,200.00 handgun...holding up a gas station. The homes that were broken into on the show and their gun was always used to kill lots of people and that (of course) made the gun owner feel guilty for owning the horrible gun in the first place. It is never realistic...the gun is always at fault. Like if it weren't for the gun, that guy would be a saint. I guess they also believe spoons make you fat.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Brainwashing works. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.

You can be quite correct, but I belive the correct term should be "Brain-Dirtying".
  • Options
    Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is one thing about L&O that is the truth; the rice guys who kill people get off in the end.
    Just like real life. The courts are set up for the wealthy. Best justice money can buy.
    Smoky the bitter
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I call it mindwiping.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K. the show last week was the cherry on the top of why I will never watch that show again....and guess what guys....I'm a NEALSON'S RATING survey person!!! So, if they send me that little packet of log books and I go to the trouble of keeping up with every minute of programs that me and my family watch....it will not be Law and Order.

I am also cutting my Conoco gas card into tiny bits and mailing it back to them....since they don't allow their employees to keep a gun (even in their car.)

Who else do you guys suggest I boycott? I'm tired of giving my "support" and money to idiots.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    O.K. the show last week was the cherry on the top of why I will never watch that show again....and guess what guys....I'm a NEALSON'S RATING survey person!!! So, if they send me that little packet of log books and I go to the trouble of keeping up with every minute of programs that me and my family watch....it will not be Law and Order.

I am also cutting my Conoco gas card into tiny bits and mailing it back to them....since they don't allow their employees to keep a gun (even in their car.)

Who else do you guys suggest I boycott? I'm tired of giving my "support" and money to idiots.

Good for you. Myself, wife, daughter, and daughter's boy friend cut up our Conoco/Phillips credit cards and sent them along with our reasons addressed to the board of directors of Conoco/Phillips and said if they ever got sensible on gun rights we would reopen our account.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take your pick:

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

The biggest one is car insurance. NEVER SIGN UP FOR PROGRESSIVE!!!!

GEICO once published an anti-gun statistic in one of their newsletters, so that is why they are on the NRA black list. But GEICO claims they take no stance either way.

I personally use AIG, which offers a SIGNIFICANT discount for NRA members.

-Wolf