In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

From Freedom to Facism

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
Recommended by JPFO:

www.freedomtofascism.com

Comments

• Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Maybe it would help if we all just got up real close and took a look at the Federal Reserve. My sister used to work at the Federal Reserve. She was Not considered a government employee. My friend was a Federal Reserve Bank Guard. Employeed directly by the Federal Reserve. Up until the 9-1-01 Terrorist attacks, when security became more important, he and the other bank guards were grandfathered in as Federal Police Officers but still working for the Federal Reserve.

The Federal Reserve is a strange entity, as is the US Postal Service, Mortgage Corperations Freddie Mac and Fannie May (forgot the real name of those two) The Federal Reserve is neither a government enitity nor a private entity, as is Freddie Mac, Fannie May and the Postal Service now; although the Postal Service used to be actually and totally a government agency. It is kinda half and half now.

All of the above I just mentioned can be thought of as kinda like a private company that has been given a "charter" by the US Govt. to handle the business (of that particular agency) of the US Govt. In the case of the Federal Reserve, that federal busines being handled is the nation's money. I assume that "charter" could be resinded and another bank given that charter and then it would become the federal reserve.

This is the way I understand it and based on my understanding I don't see any conspiracy and only a little to worry about.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    If you do some searching into the law that created the Fed, You will see it was a conspiracy. It is soley a private corporation and is not beholded to the US government at all. The Fed Chair is an elected position. Elected by the Fed Reserve Board. They prefer to follow the recommendation of the President who is told by the Board who they want him to appoint. The Fed has been draining the assets of America and should be stopped. It has been speculated that JFK was murdered over this as he wanted to issue US notes along side Federal Reserve Notes, thereby devaluing them. The eventual desire was to replace the Fed Reserve note altogether. Most of our current national debt is interest paid to the Fed. Interest paid on money printed at the request of the fed at government mints. At government expense. Backed by nothing. In other words we pay interest on money we printed, given to the FR and "loaned" back to the country.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Probably all true, but to keep it simple I believe the federal government "owns" the concept of the federal reserve but "charters" a private banking corporation to operate it.

Although as with most huge, long-term and complicated government activities, I would bet my last dime that if all the rules, reglations, laws, procedures, etc. were examined back to the beginning of the establishment of the Federal Reserve (or any govrnment agency) we would find gross violations of what that entity is supposed to be doing compared to what it was supposed to do.