In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do you know where to go?

codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
The JBT's kick in the door at 2 AM. You can speculate why they are here. The reason is irrelevent. Being a prepared citizen and quick thinker, you ascertain it is better to boogie than fight for whatever reasons. Do you know where to go? Do you have a support system in place other than a life on the lamb or total solitude?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well...judging from the lack of response, I would say no.

Not looking for details (that would be rather stupid to reveal) just the mechanism for setting this up. Good luck to you on that God forsaken day.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paul, my lack of response wasn't due to apathy....I didn't respond because I don't have an answer.

If the JBTs kick in my door at 2am, regardless of circumstances, I'm screwed......they'd have a gun to my head before I could get my pants on, let alone make an escape
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When Comengetit was posting, he suggested that we all meet at DIA in Colorado, because of the central location. (country wise) I would have suggested something along the lines of The Garden of The Gods, near Colorado Springs. (not so out in the open) But the reality of it would be, that everyone would stay "semi" close to home. I see few of us traveling across a country under siege.

I do not have any contingency plans for "this particular" scenario. Since I live in the mountains anyway, the chances that they will be busting down my door are slim. But, if it were to happen, there will be a firefight. Don't take me wrong, I have NO "shoot it out" with the BATF delusions. The fact is, that if ANYONE kicks in my door in the middle of the night, there WILL be a firefight. (Yes, I am prepared)

I don't care what they are yelling, or how many there are. There are some real loony tune people out there, and I will not be a victim, if I can possibly help it. There is no LEGAL reason for them to come after me. Unless they pass ANOTHER "new" UN-constitutional law, banning firearms, of course. Or, unless they can put a case together, from my posts HERE. [:0][}:)][}:)][:D]
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I dunno Pickenup, every time you make me mad at you I run to the phone and anonymously rat you out to the BATFE. I tell em' you've got .50 cal machine guns, grenades, rocket launchers, stacks and stacks of handguns, rifles and ammo, blowup life-sized vinyl women, etc., etc.

I am constantly amazed everytime I see that you are still freely roaming around [:o)]
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    hmm this is probably the most important thread on the internet!!!
    but there is 1 major flaw we couldnt reveal where we would meet publicly... guess why!

what is a JBT?

I sleep with a chambered AK47 1 foot away :) I dont know what kinda chances that gives me but ill take'm
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A JBT is a Jack-Booted Thug.
  • Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kicking down doors at 2AM and you don't know why??? Folks, when the crap hits the fan there will be no driving down the highway to Colorado or anywhere else. Stuff will be closed down, sealed off, you will go no where without being searched. Any and all survival stuff will be taken (guns will get you detained indefinately) and YOU WILL BE QUESTIONED. This is a pipe dream. They will have a list of "owners". Deal with it!!
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The odds of surviving a midnight shootout is slim. They are very well versed in this area.

That being said...were the situation deteriated enough to warrant it....a few surprises could be arranged that COULD perhaps slow the enemy enough to effect a getaway.
    One SHOULD HAVE been long since networked with others able to think for themselves..and the trail gone cold.

Lacking that...get the very best maps of the local area you can find. Spend a bit of time hunting..out where the wind blows free.

Remember this. Once the gloves are off...nothing is served by hiding and waiting for them to find you..for they sure will.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    I dunno Pickenup, every time you make me mad at you I run to the phone and anonymously rat you out to the BATFE. I tell em' you've got .50 cal machine guns, grenades, rocket launchers, stacks and stacks of handguns, rifles and ammo, blowup life-sized vinyl women, etc., etc.

I am constantly amazed everytime I see that you are still freely roaming around [:o)]
    I would guess your NOT on dial-up, since you must be CONSTANTLY on the phone to the BATFE.

I don't mind about the other stuff, but did you really HAVE to tell them about the blowup???
    NOW I'm pizzed. [:o)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:They will have a list of "owners". Deal with it!!

Fully intend to. Sounds just like cheese, to me...ain't no better way to catch a rat.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I bet only a handful of agents would actually have to get killed before the media and the politicians would start squaking about how they are all miserable failures and can't get the job done. And most of the agents would probably walk of the job when they realized how much resistance they were encountering. Any sizeable forced gun confiscation organized by the government would surely lead to civil insurrection and probably civil war.

As for the 2AM scenario, if you are unlucky enough to be first on the list, then it was nice knowing you. After that, it is up to the rest of us to take fair warning and get our snit together.

-Wolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

I would guess your NOT on dial-up, since you must be CONSTANTLY on the phone to the BATFE.

I don't mind about the other stuff, but did you really HAVE to tell them about the blowup???
    NOW I'm pizzed. [:o)][:D][:D]

That was.....the key...that finally got them... to put you under surveillance.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF you value THE freedom given to you then don't take any SNIT because when it HITS it won't be like a gentle breeze from THE FAN but you will THEN know they are THERE and who they ARE because it will be SIMPLE to identify their WAYS just know THAT you have the power and WE will stand strong together and do the best we CAN because it can come on a calm STILL night when you least expect it and you may not be able to COMMUNICATE and your life may be ON the line and you will know that THESE times have come to an end and all you may have left are your friends on these FORUMS.

OF COURSE THERE ARE MORE SUBTLE WAYS OF GETTING THE MESSAGE ACROSS.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As I have stated many times before. (With few, if any, exceptions) There will be NO JBT's kicking in your door to confiscate your guns. They do NOT want an armed confrontation, any more than we do. They will simply legislate away the few remaining rights, that we THINK we have, then sit back and wait. As they have done in other countries.

There are not enough agents to, at the same time, coordinate a large enough strike to be effective. They would have to use every kind of law enforcement officer that there is. Some would NOT do it, and the word (about what was about to happen) would leek out.

Then of course after one night of raids, the alarm would be sounded, and the remaining gun owners would NOT be caught off guard that easily. [;)]

It ain't gonna happen on a mass scale.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Then of course after one night of raids, the alarm would be sounded, and the remaining gun owners would NOT be caught off guard that easily.

At this point, utter chaos will ensue, and many pols and agents will be killed with impunity. This is not a hypotheses or warning. This is the observations of history (more distant than 1900 history), all leading to one conclusion that America seems to be following. Reasoning:

1. There is a police state that is not slipping through as unnoticed as they would like.
    2. Viktim disarmers are being caught lying to us, here.
    3. The general tax base is p!$$!ng too many of us off.
    4. More and more of us are being civil disobedients than ever.
    5. Too much scrutiny of our so-called "leaders".
    6. Not enough control over the affairs of people.
    7. (extention of 6) Too many of us telling the controllers to kiss our @$$.
    8. Monetary system failing the nation.
    9. Malum prohibitum laws are churning out more malcontents than was expected.
    10. We are turning our backs on the elite, and they hate it.

That's all for now.
  • Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they were to kick in the door at 2am, your probally screwed. It could happen that way, but will probally happen A different way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good reponses. I do believe that caught off guard (and it is probable) the party is over. The house is my haven and is quite set up for staying or going. Going where? I'm not really sure for a long term thing. That will be decided in the interim period, I guess, before disappearing off the face of the earth.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a horrible scenario but I have contemplated it in the past and am as prepared as I can be currently. AP ammo in several clip fed rifles at hand when needed, a big dog (best alarm in the world), ammo, gas mask + filters and NIJ4 vest to carry me through and IF I make it through the first wave and can escape..... guns, ammo, silver, gold scattered in several locations in different states. Don't ever leave all your eggs in one basket!!!! Always have hard money, not just dollars.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, if it ever comes to the JBT kicking in your door at 2:00AM, it most likely will be with such planning and overpowering force that regardless of WHAT plans you have, your plans will be overpowered by the JBT.

Does that mean then all will be lost? No. Perhaps you should present yourself as a "soft" target, let the JBT take your guns and (hopefully) only detain you for a short while and then, because you were a soft target, they will (hopefully) lose interest in you then you will have your freedom given back.

Once you are safely back into society, and freely moving as opposed to ALWAYS being found sleeping in your previous home as described before you then can follow the quote of codenamepaul (below) and become a "hard" and moving target and only at that point start your "revolution".

Molon Labe !-Come and Get them. I will get them back from my oppressor using stick and stone. Then, I will have mine and more for others.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Meet me here if know that Race is an illusion and homosexuality is a sin.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=1712771&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Pack for cold weather!