In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Connecticut: bill # 605

Bopeep2Bopeep2 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
Just read an article NSSF (Bullet Points) about a bill to give the State's Office of Environmental Protection Agency the athority to enforce a so called: Sunday hunting control of or on private property! [V]

Comments

• Options
    zacgzacg Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why? So animals can make it to church safely?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zacg
    Why? So animals can make it to church safely?

I fired-off an e-mail to one of the guys who is sponsoring this otherwise usurpation of private property owners. I told him that I thought it was a question of control. Not only when, where, what and by what means, but also applying this sort of bureaucratic BS to what a man or woman can hunt with on his or her private property during a legal hunting season. [xx(]
  • Options
    zacgzacg Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats good. I agree with you 100%. Whats next them telling us what night of the week we can eat the animals that we legaly harvest on our land. Im guess im lucky, we dont have to deal with a lot of this crap in wyoming.[:p]
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, apparently, they have no respect for private property rights...

As if we didn't already know that.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the NRA site.
    quote:Unfortunately, the Connecticut General Assembly's Environment Committee omitted important language when drafting Senate Bill 605. SB 605 allows the Department of Environmental Protection to designate areas that would be open to Sunday hunting on private property. As drafted, the bill would regrettably apply only to bow hunters and would not include individuals who hunt with firearms. NRA anticipated SB 605 would include rifles and shotguns. Without an amendment, Sunday hunting in Connecticut will not be open to individuals who hunt with rifles and shotguns. SB 605 is scheduled to be heard on Friday, March 17. Please call the Co-Chairmen of the Environment Committee, Senator Bill Finch (D-22), at (800) 842-1420, and Representative Richard Roy (D-119), at (800) 842-8267, and tell them you support expanding Sunday hunting opportunities beyond bow hunting only.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    From the NRA site.
    quote:Unfortunately, the Connecticut General Assembly's Environment Committee omitted important language when drafting Senate Bill 605. SB 605 allows the Department of Environmental Protection to designate areas that would be open to Sunday hunting on private property. As drafted, the bill would regrettably apply only to bow hunters and would not include individuals who hunt with firearms. NRA anticipated SB 605 would include rifles and shotguns. Without an amendment, Sunday hunting in Connecticut will not be open to individuals who hunt with rifles and shotguns. SB 605 is scheduled to be heard on Friday, March 17. Please call the Co-Chairmen of the Environment Committee, Senator Bill Finch (D-22), at (800) 842-1420, and Representative Richard Roy (D-119), at (800) 842-8267, and tell them you support expanding Sunday hunting opportunities beyond bow hunting only.
    Yeah, I fired-off an e-mail to this here Bill Finch fella and told him what I thought about the bill #605. Yeah, pickenup is right on top of this one to be sure. It's my opinion that to exclude guns from the Sunday hunt is totally rediculous. I just wonder if these boys are trying to hide behind a false faced sense of piety as an excuse to apeal to the anti-gun christian left.