In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Report the BATF...JPFO ALERT

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
{C&P}

ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization

March 2006

JPFO ALERT: Exposing the Truth

Our "Boot the BATFE" campaign is continuing to bring in responses and support from all over the country. Our ads -- placed in such periodicals as _The Washington Times Weekly_ and _Shotgun News_ -- have been alerting gun owners to the dangers posed by this rogue agency.

The information coming in is fascinating! It may well make for a great documentary film, exposing the betrayal of American citizens by our own government.

Please visit our "Boot the BATFE" page at
www.jpfo.org/bootbatfe.htm
for more information, and learn how you can help. Also, if you've been contacted by the BATFE, let us know at
www.jpfo.org/batfeform.htm
(your information is strictly confidential!).

We have the BATFE on the run. The recent Congressional hearings
( http://www.jpfo.org/batfehearings.htm )
prove that (phony as they were). Now let's finish the job.

- The Liberty Crew

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Great post. I never say that before. I got to get on their email list. giving serious thought to shifting some (not all, it's megar anyway) of our family support from the NRA to something like the SAF, CCRKBA or the JPFO. I have really always lliked JPFO.

If the present CCW bill attempt in KS doesn't make it this time, I'm cooling off on the NRA. Maybe have more detail in a week or so for anybody intersted.
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm impressed TR! You might encourage your family to move away from NRA to other gun groups? Maybe these forums are working.

I have some hope that the NRA might improve if it continues losing members to other groups. After all, with the internet, people who are willing to research the topic can find groups like GOA and JPFO and the NRA no longer has a monopoly.

NRA just may change now that it has competition, and no longer has the excuse that "we are the only game in town." I really believe that its monopoly was the reason that the serious gun rights activists put up with it until now. Lets see if that changes.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    I'm impressed TR! You might encourage your family to move away from NRA to other gun groups? Maybe these forums are working.

I have some hope that the NRA might improve if it continues losing members to other groups. After all, with the internet, people who are willing to research the topic can find groups like GOA and JPFO and the NRA no longer has a monopoly.

NRA just may change now that it has competition, and no longer has the excuse that "we are the only game in town." I really believe that its monopoly was the reason that the serious gun rights activists put up with it until now. Lets see if that changes.

We gunners have a paucity of national pro-gun rights groups to choose from. I doubt I will ever abandon my philosopy that all such groups should be supported. But depending on how things play out involving CCW here I KS, I might want to shift some of my meager time, money and effort from the NRA to some other group. But I doubt I will ever entirely drop my support of the NRA, nor will I speak out very much against it.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Great post. I never say that before. I got to get on their email list. giving serious thought to shifting some (not all, it's megar anyway) of our family support from the NRA to something like the SAF, CCRKBA or the JPFO. I have really always lliked JPFO.

If the present CCW bill attempt in KS doesn't make it this time, I'm cooling off on the NRA. Maybe have more detail in a week or so for anybody intersted.

I am interested.
    Let us know if your state gets it passed.....this time.
    edited November -1
    Oh, it will get passed. But just as has happened the last two times it got passed, the gov. will veto it. It was vetoed by a turn coat Republican Gov. Bill Graves ( a RINO) in the mid-90's and vetoed by Democratic Gov. Katherine Sebelius last year. It is about to be passed by the KS house (already passed by the Senate) and will probably go to Gov. Sebelius in about l week. Gov. Sebelius has made public comments in that she will probably veto it again, and her aides have said that also.

So, remember that if someone "keeps doing the same thing over and over, yet expects a different outcome, that can be a sign of insanity". So once again we will have a CCW bill passed by the KS House and Senate. And just like last time the Gov. has stated she will veto it. Yet the NRA seems to think that if we flood the Gov. office with pro-CCW messages(like we did last time) that will make a difference this time and she will not veto it. In other words, the NRA seems to think that if we do the same thing as last time, this time we will get a different outcome.

Now there is a certain amount of truth and logic to the NRA's position. Unlike last time, our next door neighbor, Missour finally passed a CCW into law. And unlike last time, this year Gov. Sebelius will probably be running for reelection and she may be more conservative about what she does or doesn't do; such as vetoing a CCW bill.

However, I have exchanged a couple of heated e-mails with the Topeka NRA representative Keith Woods who lives in Topeka and is the local NRA "manager" for gun affairs. I have contacted several local gun rights supporters with an idea that, this time, just might tip the balance or be the icing on the cake to shame Gov. Sebelilus into letting the CCW bill become law (meaning she does nothing, no veto no signing, and the bill thereby becomes law). The local people frankly loved my idea, pledged support and money IF THE NRA approved. My idea was as follows:

Pool our money and put up a billboard in a promenent place that showed an attractive young woman (maybe holding her handgun/maybe not, maybe holding her 3 year old son/maybe not) with the big bold words :

Muggers and Rapists Don't Want This Gun-Saavy Young Woman to Carry Her Gun; NEITHER DOES GOV. SEBELIUS!

My daughter and her son volunteered their photos.

My feeling is that this billboard message would anger and shame Gov. Sebelius for her position on citizen self-defense enough to where she might not oppose the CCW bill. Unfortunetely the NRA rep. Woods totally shot down the idea with his main objection that the sign and message would "call the Gov. out" on the issue (that was my goal BTW) and anger her. My reply was that the Gov. is and has been no friend of pro-gunners so what have we got to lose by "angering" her? It is not like she is our friend. Even without here "anger" it is likely she will veto the CCW bill. Plus the billboard message might cause at least a small change in whatever public support there is for opposition to a KS CCW and if that didn't help this time, it might lay the groundwork for next time.

I don't like people/organizations that refuse to think "outside the box" on something as important as citizens rights. Such defective thinking dooms such people/organizatins to failure.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I kind of like the billboard idea.
    I agree, I would WANT to call her out.
    The more people that get the message, the better.

Don't like the fact that Woods shot down the idea.
    (I'll leave that one alone.....for now. [;)])

Not sure I would want my daughter and grandson's pic, on the billboard. Not saying it would happen, but they could become the "target" for the anti-gunners, since they would be so VISIBLE. Does she know what she might be getting into?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I kind of like the billboard idea.
    I agree, I would WANT to call her out.
    The more people that get the message, the better.

Don't like the fact that Woods shot down the idea.
    (I'll leave that one alone.....for now. [;)])

Not sure I would want my daughter and grandson's pic, on the billboard. Not saying it would happen, but they could become the "target" for the anti-gunners, since they would be so VISIBLE. Does she know what she might be getting into?

Huumm...good point. That had only briefly crossed my mind and then I discounted it. I don't know of any rabid anti-gunners locally that would have the nerve to try and cause her any trouble. But you never know.

Hows abouts we do a makeover on you and use your picture?[:o)]
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1