In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wounded Wolf/TrFox/....

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
Check out how quickly WW's post on Kevin sinks into the back pages, over on general.

Begin to understand why I have adopted the position I have ? Those are your fellow gunowners over there..and the entire post elicts a collective yawn...except for the goverment lovers that see any charge by government being legitimate...
I make no secret about my position.
However...The people you depend upon don't give a snit about freedom..as long as they can still jump thru the hoops to do whatever it is they want to do...Freedom is a foreign concept to most of them.

To make your program work...50+1 out of 100 would have to agree that the cops made a bogus charge. The beauty of the Constitution is...50+1 don't mean rats *...PROVIDED that decent men are willing to BACK UP the Constitution.....

Comments

• dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed. I know way too many "hunters" who don't care about what the government does to the handgun or submachine gun owners, etc. as long as they get to have their hunting rifle. The idea of freedom is indeed foreign to them.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WW,
    The bet still holds. [;)]
    You can not count posts by anyone that posts frequently in this forum.

What do I win?
    Oops the real outcome is that.........we all loose.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I expected little from posting in General Discussion, I think that is why I didn't even consider it until someone suggested it to me. Before posting about Kevin, I think it had been over a month since I had visited that forum. Just to give you an idea of where our fellow Gunbroker komrades stand, I clicked the "members" link last night and discovered that the most prolific poster on these forums is HAIRY. That should tell you something.

Highball, I have learned to understand and appreciate your position over the years. I think it is hard for someone like me to sit back and watch our system die. I am the type of person that believes there is always SOMETHING that can be done, no matter how futile. Does that make me a Constitutional Paramedic? Perhaps. I don't think we are flatlined... yet.

Pickenup is right. If we are already so bad off that it isn't even worth an attempt at fighting for our rights, then we are all losers in the end. As I told him via e-mail, the one thing that keeps me going in these kinds of situations is the old saying, "Don't let the b@st@rds get you down."

-Wolf
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    As long as the railing of your boat is above water and as long as some of the crew is helping to try and keep it that way, it is far, far better to maintain your known situation than to gleefully give up and suffer whatever fate has to dish out to you.

Maintaining and trying to improve on what we have is to be controlling our fate. To willingly give up, and in effect bet all and roll the dice, is to put yourself totally into the hands of fate and then you are letting fate control you.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The Founders did NOT 'willingly give up'.
    The Founders did NOT ' gleefully give up and suffer whatever fate has to dish out to you'...

Or perhaps I misread the entire history of America.

quote:Pickenup is right. If we are already so bad off that it isn't even worth an attempt at fighting for our rights On the contrary...NOW is the precise period that is VITALLY neccessary to the future survival of freedom. NOW is the time to prepare for the inevitable.

I suggested that the post be moved over to General. Not to discourage anyone..just a last lingering hope for the system. The system that TR and others promote feverishly.
    The disese has progressed much futher then I, even in my bitter cynical mind...had prognosticated.

Side bets...ehhhh ????
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seriously, I know of a hunter, of which him and I nearly got into a fight because of an argument concerning firearms.

It went something like this...

Me: I own a few rifles, all of which are semi automatic and high capacity...
    Him: Why do you need high capacity, anyway, I can...
    Me: Because I don't have to need something in this country before I can buy it, that's why.
    Him: You can't use any of those in self-defense, anyways...
    Me: Wanna bet?
    Him: What are you going to do with a rifle in a house?
    Me: My AR is a great choice of house-clearing. Besides, if we end up having to form a fighting force against foreign or domestic threats..
    Him: And you'll do what?
    Me: Well, I won't be dying the death of a coward, like some of us, here...

Steam pour out his ears, at this point.

I know this guy. No matter full of $#!t he is, he is always right. This was the only way to make him shut up, and maybe realize he is wrong. He never spoke to me, again.

And I don't care.
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THe general discussion is without A doubt full of goverment loving gun owners. The responses to some of the post that take place over there is sad. As long as they can keep their 22 single shot, or as long as they can get A permit to own A gun, their fine. Makes me kind of sick.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its too bad "Joe Duck Hunter" won't stand with us. If we would all stand together, we wouldn't have this problem.

At any rate, if the guns I love are ever banned I'll work day and night to see that the guns they love are banned too.

Paybacks a b#%ch.......
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How bout an organized march on Cali? I remember a couple years ago people were trying to organize a march on DC, but i think it fizzled.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Reckon there will be about a dozen of us.....?

There will be no mass reaction until the Elites ban guns. Some believe there will no movement then, even....cowardness being the defining character of American males today.

Don't tell me about the bravery of the soldiers overseas. The day they touch Anerican soil..they become enuchs. Afraid to speak out against a government determined to destroy every semblence of freedom here in this land...They fight over there..and are disarmed of the weapons required to resist tyranny the day they get back here....
    Requires little but to obey, to fight at the behest of 'leaders'..and a BUNCH to go against the tide of political/media/business juggernaut of rules/regulations/taxes.....
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    25,000 Christians held a rally in AT&T Park last weekend, practically in the middle of San Francisco. They were opposing the acceptance of gay marriage and the decay of family values, as well as other "hot button" issues. The City of San Francisco issued an official condemnation of the "hateful" event. The media hardly said anything about it.

Think of how many folks around the country attend a Billy Graham crusade when it rolls into town. I remember when the Promise Keepers were really big a few years ago, they drew almost 100,000 men to a city near where I lived.

However, unless you are rallying/marching/rioting on the side of the issue that the media wants you on, then they are not going to pay any attention to you at all. After all, it may just incite people to follow your viewpoint. The media wants you to believe that EVERYONE BUT YOU is okay with gay-marriage, smoking dope, giving up your guns, granting amnesty for illegals, protesting the war, etc., etc., etc.

-Wolf
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Concerning the post in question, and the bet. It was just a gentleman's bet that there would be more critics post on it, than proponents. (not counting the people who post in here regularly) I think there were. [:(]

WW,
    You are right about being on the media's side. In all of this recent attention to the rallies about the ILLEGALS, how many have heard that there were also people rallying for the other side? MOST of the news I heard only went one way. THERE WAY. [:(]
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys make it sound like a last samurai situation.

I think we can still win the gun control battle, but if not.. With only a Dozen we better stop by Mexico City first...
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    The million gun march. Everyone wear a butt pack!!!!