In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

concealed carry in kansas

glockbastardglockbastard Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
on july 1, kansas will now allow citizens to carry concealed weapons. does anyone know where in kansas i can go to get proper training to get a permit/ license? i am a gun enthusiast, and own several handguns. i dont need someone to tell me how to use one, i just need the proper paperwork to get the permit. i am open to suggestions.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by glockmeanie
    on july 1, kansas will now allow citizens to carry concealed weapons. does anyone know where in kansas i can go to get proper training to get a permit/ license? i am a gun enthusiast, and own several handguns. i dont need someone to tell me how to use one, i just need the proper paperwork to get the permit. i am open to suggestions.

apparently you chose to be a free rider and stay on the sidelines when we were fighting tooth and nail for years to try and get CCW for KS. Otherwise you would already know enough to be able to answer your own question.
  • glockbastardglockbastard Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i guess i dont really see how that helped my question in any way at all. but thanks for the input, although i am not going to debate on who i voted for or for what reasons, or the letter and emails i sent to sebelius to push for concealed carry. something was once said about assumptions and making an * out of yourself......
    edited November -1
    i guess i dont really see how that helped my question in any way at all. but thanks for the input, although i am not going to debate on who i voted for or for what reasons, or the letter and emails i sent to sebelius to push for concealed carry. something was once said about assumptions and making an * out of yourself......

If you actually did expend some real time and effort helping to get CCW passed in KS and I unfairly criticized you, then your comment about "assumptions making an *" are fair and true.

However, you did not mention being a dues paying members of any of the national pro-gun rights organizations and from my view, those/that orginization is what tipped the balance in our favor and got CCW passed.

So in that regard one of us is probably an "*" and it could, but not necessarily, be me.

However, I would have thought that in all that letter writing and emailing you somehow someway would have linked up with at least a few local pro-gun members who could provide you with all the info you need rather than you have to ask about on the internet.

To answer your question go to http://www.KSag.org and sign up for email updates on how the CCW law is progressing. Ask around your local gun shops/gun ranges for names of people qualified to provide training.
    edited November -1
    although i have not joined any particular organizations, or paid any dues to any club, i have done my share as a normal citizen concerned for his rights. i have been old enough to own handguns for 3 years now, so i maybe should apologize for not linking up with an organization to point me in the right direction. (obviously it was a bad idea to try to do it here) either you also neither know how to help me, or just dont want to. i really dont care. i asked for some type of helpful input and all i have received until now is the farthest thing from it. i will seek helpful info elsewhere in the future. i would also like to add although an organization of over 10,000 members strong might push for something hard, i would like to think it is the people trying to get started in something like that who have the will to push for it on their own as an idependent citizen, without the help of due paying members, that might actually have an impact on making our government understand what we truly desire. remember that little saying on the back of every quarter? E pluribus unum, which is latin for 'out of many, one'
    edited November -1
    If we all depended on independent, individual citizens to save our rights, we would have even fewer rights than we have now. In case you don't know it, rich and powerful people care little about average citizens like you and me except when it comes time to take our money by selling us some goods or service from their company that made them rich and powerful.

So the only real power the average citizen has is through his elected representatives in government. And most of them only care about average citizens like us when it comes time for your vote. Or when people like us remind them that by our vote is how those legislators got to be sometimes rich and usually powerful.

You may think I am being harsh on you, but even if you are young unless you want those people who are either rich and powerful or just organized to create the future America you and yours live in, you had better get active and join forces with other people like yourself and start trying to mold an America that will suit your and yours.

Otherwise someone else will do it for you.

I already gave you a link on how to sign up for email alerts to keep up on the progress of how the CCW proceedures are progressing and told you to check with some local gun shops about CCW classes. I believe that pretty much answers your questions but in the process you got a friendly lecture. No harm done or meant to you and it might help you.
    edited November -1
    what you said ****** it is a hard truth to realize. thanks for the help and input. i just hate the thought of guys like me joining our armed forces, and someone else deciding where we would go and who we would fight to serve their own needs. it seems such a shame that the common individual doesnt have the voice that we should. that we dont have the voice that so many others before us have died and sacrificed all to make sure that we are heard. i understand nothing at all about politics, but i feel that you and i are pretty much on the same side. it is never an easy task to swallow hard and process what someone just told you when you wish so hard for it to not be true. i would like to ask one more favor if it is not too much trouble. where could i do the most good in the future to fight for what i want and make my voice count for all it is worth as far as my gun rights are concerned?
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    glockmeanie

tr fox is right .
    You may be only three years into owning a handgun but if your parents were doing there job right , you would already be a life member of the NRA an know by now how dangerous Glocks are .
    Find a real gun.
    The NRA is 4 million strong . That's 4 million people just like us that own gun . This is were the power is , in numbers , people sticking together .
    You will find some on here that would disagree and have more excuses why not The NRA . Most just gripe and won't join any thing.
    After you send your money to the NRA send some more to the GOA . If every gun owner in this country was a member that would make 80 million members . If we were 80 million members strong do think we would ever hear from any anti-gun iggets in government. Handgun control would not be. [8D][8D][8D]
    A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.

NRA write your Rep. will save a stamp
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/home/
    GOA
    http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try going to the Kansas page on packing.org . If other states are any guide, it will be full of places offering training.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    You are going to get a lot of propaganda about how wonderful the NRA is.
    I urge you to do your own studying about the NRA.
    They depend on people that will NOT think for themselves. Adding one and one will get you two..except in the world of the NRA.

Go back into the older posts about the NRA and THINK about what is being pointed out by those of us disgusted with "Compromise"..the official position of the organization.
    Ask yourself if you really want to compromise away your RIGHT to own firearms...as we already HAVE to the tune of 20,000 gun laws...
    edited November -1
    thanks for the help folks. dont always assume everyone has parents. i appreciate the info.
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We did when I was a kid and grand parents to.
    You can thanks the feminassses for the way it is.
    Three generations of fearful women after the war.[8D]
    edited November -1
    what you said really sucks *. it is a hard truth to realize. thanks for the help and input. i just hate the thought of guys like me joining our armed forces, and someone else deciding where we would go and who we would fight to serve their own needs. it seems such a shame that the common individual doesnt have the voice that we should. that we dont have the voice that so many others before us have died and sacrificed all to make sure that we are heard. i understand nothing at all about politics, but i feel that you and i are pretty much on the same side. it is never an easy task to swallow hard and process what someone just told you when you wish so hard for it to not be true. i would like to ask one more favor if it is not too much trouble. where could i do the most good in the future to fight for what i want and make my voice count for all it is worth as far as my gun rights are concerned?

Check as many sources as you can find (media, talking with other people, questioning different organizations directly,etc) and you decide which organization(s) is/are worth your valuable time, money, effort and loyalty and then decide for yourself.

OH, and welcome to the battle. Glad to have you on our side.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    glockmeanie,
    First, welcome to the forum.

I believe there has been no answer to your original question, because NO ONE CAN.

Reason being, is that they are (as we type) working out the details. There were NO explicit details in the law that was passed, as to HOW it would be implemented. Exactly what the requirements will be, which course and who will teach it, are still up for debate.

There is no hurry, the law does not go into effect until July 1 06, and they do not expect that there will be ANY licenses issued before January 1 07. They will have 180 days to either issue or deny an application presented before July 07. If you don't think they will take the full 180 days, you need to learn about how the governments works.

If you want to keep abreast of the developments concerning CCW in Kansas, click on the following address and sign up for their email.

http://www.ksag.org/Concealed_Weapon/Weapon.htm

Hope this answers your question.

As for joining a pro-firearms group or not. There is a "search" feature in the top right corner of this page. Use it, and where it says "Search Forum" select the "Gun Rights" forum and do some reading about what has been said about the NRA and others. Then make up your own mind. As you have seen, some here emphatically advocate joining AT LEAST one of them. Some here belong to none, some to several.

Stick around, who knows, you may or may not learn something here, but you are more than welcome to voice your opinion. Just keep it clean. [;)] [:D]