In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CCW revision in Delaware

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
Bill HB 359 is trying to make Delaware a "shall issue" state rather than a "may issue state". There is a "brilliant" ACLU member in lower DE who added about 9 amendments to the bill which make it less desirable than the stringent laws we now have. Some of which are:

No carrying in hospitals, Dr offices, health care places
Must tell an officer you are carrying if pulled over
Your info is added to the DELJIS System as a CC holder
The court is granted access to all of your medical records
You must take a course every year firing 100rds to pass an accuracy test to maintain your CCW permit
You cannot carry in a senior citizen home
You cannot carry in a bar or pub

This attorney for the ACLU is ridiculous!!!

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better to toss that one away.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ACLU, defending our rights once again[:I][:I].
    The gun rights sheep, who think the ACLU is a peachy organization, EXCEPT when it comes to gun rights, amuse me. They actually think that the ACLU is pro bill of rights, EXCEPT when it comes to the second amendment. What they should think, is that if a group is so wrong about the second amendment, then they are probably equally on the wrong side of the constitution when it comes to the other so called rights they are protecting. The ACLU has mastered double speak better than any one else. They say they protect the constitution, yet everything they stand for is anti constitution.
    Orwell would be proud of the ACLU.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:No carrying in hospitals, Dr offices, health care places
    Must tell an officer you are carrying if pulled over
    Your info is added to the DELJIS System as a CC holder
    The court is granted access to all of your medical records
    You must take a course every year firing 100rds to pass an accuracy test to maintain your CCW permit
    You cannot carry in a senior citizen home
    You cannot carry in a bar or pub

Compare these to Ohio CHL technicalities....

quote:No carrying in hospitals, Dr offices, health care places

It's not the law, here, but it might as well be. An insert in the law makes it so proprietors can create victim disarmament zomes, and they mostly do.

quote:Must tell an officer you are carrying if pulled over

Yep. In addition, the gun must be in plain view or locked in a lockable box (rendering it useless for its intended purpose), and there are terrible consequences for not doing so.

quote:Your info is added to the DELJIS System as a CC holder

I don't think this is any different than any other state except Vermont for obvious reasons.

quote:The court is granted access to all of your medical records

OK, they have us here, for the moment. But we get something of greater invalue placed on us, called the media loophole, which allows media centers to gather lists of permit-holders and print that information in their papers, even if the people listed have done nothing, defeating the purpose of concealed carry altogether.

quote:You must take a course every year firing 100rds to pass an accuracy test to maintain your CCW permit

We have an equally stupid requirement here.

quote:You cannot carry in a senior citizen home

As I stated earlier, it is not the law, but it might as well be.

quote:You cannot carry in a bar or pub

Many states, including this one, has that stand.

Essentially, Delaware will step up to being as lame as us, then, right???