In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shelly, here ya go!

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
Shelly, this will get you started about Ronnie Perkins and you can search from their by using the "search" at the top, right hand side of your computer screen. You can also search by ronnie's member name "Delta514".

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=69502&SearchTerms=ronnie,perkins

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=85291&SearchTerms=ronnie,perkins

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=67888&SearchTerms=ronnie,perkins

4lizad

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Shelly;
    I am sorry about being abrupt/abrasive. I am sure that you need no advice..but mine would be to not leave this forum. Much to be learned here...and it all will bring your business into fuller focus.

I will reframe from antagonizing you..and reading my posts is not obligitory..[:D]
  • Options
    shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok , will try to search later on the subject...Have to work at the store today..It would though help if someone would find the exact specs on the whole story all summed up ( short of time ) 2 kiddos, job, etc... if not a big deal it would be appreciated.

As for Highball apology accepted, I will keep reading your views

have a nice weekend..go play

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I read up on some of it. Has he gone to trial yet? I would be interested in exactly what the deal was..any more info anywhere else?

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He was sentenced to prison an died there.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shelly, I have searched the best I can and other than what I have already posted, the below is the best I can come up with:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39552&SearchTerms=Delta,514

Maybe other members here can inform you for their memory of what happened (Highball, Pickenup, Gunphreak, etc) but it kinda looks like the really informative posts about Ronnie Perkins are no longer stored.

Although since you are a gun dealer, if you are intersted enough, you might try contacting the member "sissymarie" as she is a really nice lady and can give you the full details.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I tried to look up some old news paper archives but I guess, I didnt know exactly what to look for just typed in his name and atf. Then did the basci search on the web.

So if he went to court and finally died in prison the have court transcripts, right?

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok I have read what you linked me with, but I would still be intrested in the transcripts. I know how hard it is to get your ffl license to be renewed in a timely manner. I have spent probably over a month making calls. But since it is a very important matter, serious matter I bugged the crap out of them till I received it. I do not want to make judgments with out the transcripts but I do know I am still missing some facts to the story

shelly
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have a friendly (to gun owners)member of the US Senate or Congress call him right away for help. They can make things happen if they want.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would probably cost nearly $100.00 to purchase the court transcripts. Wouldn't help Ronnie or change anything.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No but I would know what the facts were then..

shelly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Doubt you will ever know full truth or full facts.

Basically Ronnie Perkins claims the BATF set him up. He was working in his store with a customer and the UPS arrive with a box which he signed for and then laid down so he could get back to the customer. In a minute or two, two BATF agents arrive and ask him to show them what ws in the box that had been delivered. He didn't know so he opened it up and it was a full auto M-16 which he had no license to possess. Apparently there was no information of exactly who shipped the gun, but since in was found in Ronnie's possession he got hung for it.

Long story short so I hope I got it correct.

4lizad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I read all of that but I am going to find out the parts that i am unclear about..Things generally dont work like that so I am interested..and I am stubborn when I want to know something

shelly
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shelly,
    If you find any new info, would you share it with us.....please?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A full auto M-16? Must've racked up a few years for not having his FFL renewed. The highest prison sentence they can give for a MG owner is 5 years. More signs of a corrupt government.

I'd love to hear all the details. Kind of hypocritical for a government orginizaton to aid in the commission of a crime. Good luck with your search Shelly.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Doubt you will ever know full truth or full facts.

Basically Ronnie Perkins claims the BATF set him up. He was working in his store with a customer and the UPS arrive with a box which he signed for and then laid down so he could get back to the customer. In a minute or two, two BATF agents arrive and ask him to show them what ws in the box that had been delivered. He didn't know so he opened it up and it was a full auto M-16 which he had no license to possess. Apparently there was no information of exactly who shipped the gun, but since in was found in Ronnie's possession he got hung for it.

Long story short so I hope I got it correct.

4lizad

When you Google: Ronnie Perkins ATF, this page comes up as a replay already set up to reply, that's weird.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh I meant...

"Ronnie Perkins" ATF

in the search box.