In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Carry License and DUI

hlewis8hlewis8 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Arrested Jan10,2006 for OIUL in Michigan. Filed a motion to suppress '
breathalyzer due to officers not giving me my chemical rights or giving me the results immediatley post test. I actually got the results the next day , after spending all night in jail, from the next shift.

My issue is that I had my pistol on me and my license. They confiscated the weapon and license , but I was never charged with carrying under the influence. There was never any notification to the gun board. Do I have the right to go and claim my pistol???

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ..in Texas, DWI is a felony. Being convicted of a felony= you loose your CHL automatically revoked, never to be issued again.
    Call the issueing agencey and find out, not the local PD...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a visit to a LOCAL attorney is in order.
    One that knows your LOCAL laws.

Just my personal opinion here. No matter what "legal" manipulations you used to "avoid" a conviction. IF you were under the influence, and carrying a gun at the same time, you should loose your "privilege" to carry one. (Notice I didn't call it a "right" Once you have to ASK to carry, it is no longer a right.) You should NOT loose your property. (firearm)