In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Brady shot down.

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
http://www.gunowners.org

Friday, July 28, 2006

In other news, the House Judiciary Committee was supposed to consider McCarthy's Brady Enhancement legislation, H.R. 1415, this past Wednesday. This bill will spend millions of dollars to further prop up the unconstitutional Brady Law and would allow the federal government to troll through state misdemeanor, diversion, psychiatric, tax, and even library records -- all for the purpose of finding new reasons to seize guns from law-abiding Americans.

Thankfully, there are some Representatives who are getting your message of opposition loud and clear. A few Republicans on the committee are ready to vote against the bill, but we don't know yet if it will be enough to kill it in committee.

While the bill is not scheduled to come up until September, GOA asks you to keep an eye out for future alerts on this subject throughout the summer. We will be asking many of you to contact your Representative in the district -- when he or she is home during the August recess.

Your response in opposition to the McCarthy bill is important because GOA is the only national pro-gun group opposing the bill in Congress.

So please stay tuned. Thank you.

Comments

• sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Thats good news, that GOA is minding the store! NRA has its hands full thats for sure.

I know GOA does a great job also.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    UUMMM question, they can' see if you have been institutionalized, no wounder I'm walking out with guns in the store. <~~~~Joke

No seriously i thought they put something in your file for that one. i mean it would make sense. but then again this is the gov..
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was kinda hoping the topic read "Brady shot again."

Damn!!!