In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Public polls

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
I saw one the other day...said that 36% of the American people did not believe the official version of 9/11. Seems these people think that the government was complicent and/or knew it was coming, and used it for their own purposes..making huge inroads on the few remaining freedoms and rights left to us.

Be that as it may..it means that the Elites are having trouble controlling more and more people...and this I believe will lead to more 'events'..and futher crack-downs.

Gun control hasn't been on this administrations agenda (contrary to my earlier belief) but they have more then made up for it with sweeping programs towards tyranny.

We live in interesting times, indeed.

Comments

• Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    I saw one the other day...said that 36% of the American people did not believe the official version of 9/11. Seems these people think that the government was complicent and/or knew it was coming, and used it for their own purposes..making huge inroads on the few remaining freedoms and rights left to us.

Be that as it may..it means that the Elites are having trouble controlling more and more people...and this I believe will lead to more 'events'..and futher crack-downs.

Gun control hasn't been on this administrations agenda (contrary to my earlier belief) but they have more then made up for it with sweeping programs towards tyranny.

We live in interesting times, indeed.

More noise from the peanut gallery here:

Post 9/11, our Nation pulled together and put individual agendas aside - for a while, albeit for a very brief while. Things were prioritized and quickly put into perspective. Again, for a very brief while.

Now, we as a Nation are severely fragmented because of differing agendas and each of these fragments sits in an almost self-serving opposition to one or more other fragments.

I am convinced that there is absolutely no one agenda in our Country that is not self-serving in some fashion. Some more than others.

We Americans tend to be self-centered and so this should not come as a surprise. We also enjoy taking the low road and blaming anyone else for our own pile of poop.

Tough to make any progress when "I" overshadows "We" in nearly everything America has to deal with.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    and used it for their own purposes..making huge inroads on the few remaining freedoms and rights left to us.
    One of which, being the UN-patriot act. The BLATANT UN-constitutionality of this act, has caused MANY states, cities, counties, and municipalities to pass legislation PROTECTING their citizens FROM the UN-patriot act.

Legislative proposals were introduced less than a week after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. The UN-patriot act was introduced October 23 2001, and was signed into law on October 26 2001. Around 6 weeks, almost record time for getting ANY law passed.

You must also take into consideration, how complicated this bill was. With the last section numbering 1,016. Not counting the Titles, subsections etc.

Consider also, that there was no House, Senate, or conference report. No significant debate. You either signed on, or were labeled un-patriotic. Representatives were expected to sign WITHOUT READING IT. Ron Paul was one who did not sign it. Stating that he could NOT GET A COPY of it to read.

Now time has passed, the fervor has died down. The sections that were set to sunset (all 16 out of the 1016----WOW) have (for the most part) been renewed. NOT with the overwhelming majority of support, that allowed it's passage the first time. More representatives have been awakened, and were fighting it, but sadly, not enough.

The sheeple are becoming complacent with these new (now existing) atrocities. They are being conditioned to accept these infringements upon our rights. What rights will they take away, using the next catastrophe as the scapegoat? Has the next "UN-patriot act" already been written?

He tried to take away the "Posse Comitatus Act" using the Katrina episode as his reasoning for it. Thankfully, he didn't succeed. Oops, he then tried taking it away, using the "possibility" of a bird flu pandemic, as the reason. That didn't FLY either. (pun intended) Yes I know they can/have circumvented this in the past, but if it was totally out of the way, well.......use your imagination.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again here. The UN-patriot act is THE most dangerous piece of legislation (concerning our rights) EVER passed into law. That is......until the next one.

As an addendum, I do have to say, that it is my opinion, that polls can be skewed to arrive at a predetermined outcome. Just had to throw that out there. [;)]