In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Rights

itchyfingeritchyfinger Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
I am a new person when it comes to gun ownership.

Ive always been fascinated by guns, always wanted to have them. I am 18 so my life is young. I have a Mossberg 640T 22 Mag, About to buy a Benelli Super Nova and will buy a Black rifle in the near future as well as plenty of other guns as i get older.

I want to join an organization that will fight for my gun rights and will try to preserve the 2nd amendment. The first org that comes to mind is the NRA but i wanted to ask you guys if there are anymore or better organizations that i could look into.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    san a convicted felon's wife own guns in the same home? without being in jeapordy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted everyone to know that if you let law inforcement push you around on your 2nd ammendment rights you will lose them down the road. So if any of you all go to your local sherrif's dept and apply for a permit, and they dont give you an application and take your money to apply and then tell you to come back in a few days, they are screwing with you and you should demand to fill out the application right then. If they continue to say thats not the way they conduct business...Call your lawyer[/b], and take them to court. Unless they accept the application, they can jerk you around for ever. They have seven days after the application is submitted to either grant the permit or deny the permit. If they deny your permit they have to give you a written statement saying why they denied the permit. Then if the reason isnt within the guidlines you can take them to court and sue them. Pleas fight for what is rightfully yours and dont let anybody take your gunrights away without a fight. Its the only right we have left.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If convicted on a domestic assault charge, is there any way to get your gun rights back?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You only have the ones "They" let you have.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have read that if you get a pardon by the president, or governor of your state, that your rights could be restored. Or, you can petition a court to have your record expunged, essentially giving you a "clean" record. Good luck getting either one of those.

In 2004 Wyoming passed a new law trying to get citizens their rights back. (In an around about way) The BATF blackmailed the state of Wyoming concerning their new law. In July 2005, the BATF said it would notify federally licensed firearms dealers that concealed weapons permits from Wyoming were invalid unless the state changed its law. In June 2005, A Circuit Court Judge had expunged a man's record that had been convicted of domestic violence. (notice the dates?) The state of Wyoming is now suing the BATF over this.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Let someone beat you up and go to the Emergency room.

Give medical records and a police report to an attorney. Have him sue your State for revoking your right to self defense.....and essentially your right to LIFE.

Use winnings from court case to buy a large surplus Naval vessel and put a shooting range at sea 20 miles off the US coast. Run a company offering vacations off of US soil where Americans can shoot guns even if they have some stupid domestic violence charge against them because they were heard by the neighbors arguing with their wives over the remote control and what to watch on tv.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Use winnings from court case

I think that would be the fly in the ointment.