In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can you have guns in Denmark?

grcwt55grcwt55 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
Does anyone know what kind of gun control laws Denmark has? I cannot find any info on the subject. What process do you have to go through to get a rifle/pistol or can you not have any? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you live in Denmark? What an odd question. No wonder you haven't got any responses so far.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, I am thinking of possibly moving there (family). I would not though if they do not easily allow guns. I could not find any Danish gun law info online. Anyway, there aren't that many Danes or people who know Danish gun laws in this world so there are little chances of my question being answered. Thanks..............................grcwt55
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    In a case like this I would just smuggle the gun into the country, carry it around for awhile and see what happens. Then you will know what kind of gun control (if any) Denmark has.

(since there was not many responses to this posted topic, I took the liberty to try and make a joke to provide some much needed light hearted humor. No harm or insult is intended to anyone)
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually there is a member here that is in Greenland, and is from, or has family in Denmark. I know he had to go back to Denmark when his father died a few years ago. You might try emailing him and ask him about the firearm laws there. His online name is "HappyNanoq"

Let us know here, if you find out anything.

fox - a joke? [:0]
    You should know better. [;)][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In his member profile, there is no contact info, but I could ask on one of his posts.....
  • Options
    gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not for nothin', but have you tried contacting the government and just asking directly ?

Here's the link or address : http://denmark.dk/portal/page?_pageid=374,477789&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL