In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buried with your gun

SSG ZAGSSG ZAG Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
It was my friend's fathers wish to be buried with his old spanish revolver (make sure its loaded son, it's no good empty) now that the time has come, the mortuary is putting up a fight over it. Is it possible there is a law keeping dead people from possessing firearms?

Comments

• Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find it hard to believe that someone would choose to be buried with a gun, rather than pass it on to the next generation.

Maybe the father in question had fantasies about shooting his way out of hell.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The misguided concern is probably with the safety of a loaded gun in a coffin (or anywhere, in the mind of a Liberal). Now we all know that a loaded gun sitting in a coffin next to a dead guy is no more dangerous than a loaded gun sitting in the nightstand 12 inches from our head. But the huddled masses, the "sheeple", hear the phrase "loaded gun" and all sorts of bells and whistles go off.

50 years ago the mortuary owner would have respected the wishes of the dead, maybe even have been a fellow shooting enthusiast. But today there are Liberal infiltrators everywhere. As soon as a gun is mentioned as part of any activity their reflexive action is to say, "No! Absolutely not! You can't do that with a gun!" There is no logic behind their actions. It is merely a trained response from their years of brainwashing.

Perhaps you can go to the cemetary and talk to the undertaker, or one of the gravediggers, and explain the situation. Maybe they will let you slip the revolver into the coffin after the funeral.

-Wolf
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will be buried holding a sword.

All my guns will go to listed people.
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    So put the unloaded revolver in the coffin in his hands AND the rounds of ammo in his pocket. No more loaded gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But it is hard to reload when the Devil is biting at your @rse!

[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    But it is hard to reload when the Devil is biting at your @rse!

[}:)]

Is that where the saying "Get thee behind me Satan" comes from?[:0][:D]
  • Options
    RustyNailRustyNail Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dunno. . . Those graves are awfully close together--might not be safe[:D]

Seriously, If a friend of mine wanted to be buried with a gun I'd make it happen! Tell the stupid sob the decedant has a carry permit!
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    If you do get to do it, make sure to grease and oil the gun well... in a casket, sealed in the cement block, well greased, it should last, well, forever.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How much and what type of ammo should go in the coffin as well? And, what about a B.U.G. just in case?

[;)][:D]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Interesting.
    There may come a day that knowing exactly where to dig up a functioning gun may very well mean the differene between success and failure.

Many cultures believe in burying arms with their departed..not a bad idea.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Interesting.
    There may come a day that knowing exactly where to dig up a functioning gun may very well mean the differene between success and failure.

Leave it to Highball to think of all the angles..... [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Could you just see all of the "special requests" the funeral homes across America will now get for burying AR15's, shotguns, Uzi's, cases of ammo, grenades, rocket launchers, etc. with Uncle Phineas or Aunt Guiseppina or Cousin Balthazar? [:0]

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think youse guys are making fun of me.

Oh..wait...nuthin' new there....[:D]

Thinking this thru...one could have Uncle Elmo cremated and put in a small vase...therefor leaving vastly more room for the important stuff...as pointed out by Slow-Hand above...[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball: For more information on this subject, please watch Terminator 3
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That the movie about supermen machines from the future ? Came back to protect a kid ? Think I have seen 1..perhaps 2...didn't know there was a third.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball, I will save you from the bad plot, poor acting, and hoaky lines from the Governor of California...

The mother, deceased, isn't really interned in a mosoleum. Instead her "remains" turn out to be a stash of weapons for her son, so that he may begin the revolution against the "supermen machines".

-Wolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Excellent summary WW. I agologize for suggesting that anyone watch that movie, for any reason. I'm blaming alcohol for my lack of discretion....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, thankee, WW;..For saving me from a fate worse then death...something 'ol buddy HVoF seems to have not worried much about...[:D][:0]..Apology accepted, by the way.

Just the thought of that accent was enough to send a chill down my back...